Callouses on my hands from weights! And I'm a girl!

Options
12346»

Replies

• reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Gloves helped me a little but they didn't completely ease the problem. I also use Soap & Glory's Hand Food while I'm at work to keep my hands moisturized. They were pretty bad at first, then my skin got used to it and they're fine now. I've been lifting for about a year and a half, but I'm not deadlifting as often as I used to, so that may have contributed to the change.

If your gym has a bucket of chalk, try rubbing that on your hands before lifting. It helped me more than the gloves - it's the moisture in your hands that is causing the problem. If you get gloves, you need actual lifting gloves, not girly workout gloves that are meant for kickboxing cardio or looking like Madonna. Actual weightlifting gloves. Sporting goods stores sell smaller sizes, or you can probably get even better ones online.

The benefits of lifting have FAR outweighed the little callouses on my hands. Trust me, my fella isn't paying one lick of attention to my hands. Keep going, it's worth it!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my callouses on my hands from lifting just like the ones on my feet from running.