• crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I soooo can't mention that.

Yes !!! Bahahaha
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have yet to meet another person who puts ketchup on their mashed potatoes...everyone tells me they think it's disgusting, but I've been doing it since I was a kid and LOVE it!! It's weird for me to have mashed potatoes without it.

Also, I have to count while I'm washing and conditioning my hair. I'm afraid that I won't rinse out all the conditioner, so I count to make sure I rinse it for a good amount of time (which is 30 seconds).

Totally love ketchup in mashed potatoes!!! With corn and homemade meat loaf (vegetarian now, but the idea applies). Ketchup is good on almost everything. I love it on Mac n cheese. eggs. mmm
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have yet to meet another person who puts ketchup on their mashed potatoes...everyone tells me they think it's disgusting, but I've been doing it since I was a kid and LOVE it!! It's weird for me to have mashed potatoes without it.

Also, I have to count while I'm washing and conditioning my hair. I'm afraid that I won't rinse out all the conditioner, so I count to make sure I rinse it for a good amount of time (which is 30 seconds).

Totally love ketchup in mashed potatoes!!! With corn and homemade meat loaf (vegetarian now, but the idea applies). Ketchup is good on almost everything. I love it on Mac n cheese. eggs. mmm
    Tonight I had turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes with ketchup on everything. My wife made green beans which didn't fly with the ketchup, but everything else was awesome!
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have to hide rubbing alcohol bottles and nail polish removers, it makes my sister laugh a lot but I think it's a serious thing, people might accidentally drink from it when they are too busy to notice that it's rubbing alcohol and not their water bottle. This behavior makes me laugh too but it's serious!
  • jpvieira
    jpvieira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly playing with rubberbands. I have them everywhere and when I do laundry I always find a few in the machine afterwards that came from my pockets.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I cant have pictures of people in my house anywhere, not even abstract ones. If there is a picture of a person on a box or magazine, I have to cover it up. I also dont like cardboard boxes in my house - i will empty out all the groceries and get rid of as many of the boxes as possible, even if it means I put the food in other containers, so I can throw out the cardboard boxes. I do it in my office kitchen too. I think it drives people crazy but I cant help it.

holy crap. that is some wierd ish. i love it though keep them comming guys!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I used to bite the tips off of bobby pins...
  • erickita89
    Options
    I would say I have some weird eating habits. Especially with pizza. I HAVE to eat my pizza in this fashion every time: I take a bite of the crust first. I flip it around and take a bite of the front. I flip it back around and I finish the crust. Then I flip it back around to the front and finish the slice that way. Every. Time.
    I also eat what I like the least first and I save what I enjoy the most for last. I eat these snack pacs most days, and I always eat the carrots first, then the grapes, then I pick out the broken pretzels and eat those first. Then I have to match up my cheese so each piece has a pretzel to go on. I eat the pretzels first that don't get cheese...then lastly I eat the matched up cheese/pretzels together. I have a TON of strange eating habits. I also don't like my food touching, so I'm a big fan of paper plates with the separated compartments!
    lol

I eat pizza the same flipping way. there goes another wierdo habbit of mine! i do that because i odnt like the crust so i take a bite of the good piece and then a bite out the crust and keep flipping until my crust is gone and all thats left is the yummy middle cheesey saucy area. lmfao my BF thinks im nuts for this. He always says my pizza looks like a rat got into it lmfao
  • erickita89
    Options
    I also eat what I like the least first and I save what I enjoy the most for last.

Approaching the end of a meal, I actually start to think about what I want for a "last bite" .. what's the last flavor from this meal I will have? I will then eat accordingly, saving that planned "last bite".

mee too! my last bite has to be from the best thing that was on my plate.
  • erickita89
    Options
    OMG i just though of another one... i have workout OCD

If I'm on a treadmill or elliptical i have to end my workout calories burned on a 0 or a 5. For example: 107 calories burned would make me continue to workout until I see 110.

yes this too. i thought it was just ME!

We are kindred spirits lmfao
  • erickita89
    Options
    I brush my teeth in the closet because watching myself do it in the mirror makes me gaggy
    I can watch myself brush though so your on your own with that

but while we are on the toothpaste subject, believe it or not swallowing toothpaste always makes me throw up 9.9/10 times. I think its hereditary because it happens to my father as well.
  • erickita89
    Options

The conclusion I draw from this thread? A lot more people are OCD than will ever be officially diagnosed, lol.
    DEFINITELY THE CASE OMG!
    we all need professional help lmfao
  • erickita89
    Options
    I talk and sing to my dog all day long. Dogs like to hear their humans' voices, so I'm always talking to him. Stuff like, "What should I make for dinner, Eric? Chicken or fish? Yeah...chicken. I'll make chicken." He just looks at me with his head titlted. And I'm always making up songs about him and singing them to him as I move around the house throughout the day.

I do this too:embarassed: They really do like it though:tongue:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I always use hand sanitizer after I get gas unless I was wearing gloves... my bestie thinks im weird for that lol.
    i have a lot of little things like that though.
  • erickita89
    Options

Almost forgot this but I ALWAYS have to turn the faucet on when I go to the restroom, I cannot stand the thought of anyone being able to hear me in there. I will wait at a public bathroom until whomever is in there leaves and if anyone comes in there while I'm in there I have to stay and wait until THEY leave before leaving the stall... this is terrible and i'm trying to stop it...

OMG i do the same exact thing.
  • erickita89
    Options
    When I was younger I used to bite the tips off of bobby pins...
    Me too. I grew out of that real quick when my mother found out. I used to spit them out behind her nightstand. lmfao,
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth in the closet because watching myself do it in the mirror makes me gaggy

but while we are on the toothpaste subject, believe it or not swallowing toothpaste always makes me throw up 9.9/10 times. I think its hereditary because it happens to my father as well.

Nobody is supposed to swallow toothpaste :indifferent: fluoride is poisonous, which is why I don't drink tap water
  • erickita89
    Options

Nobody is supposed to swallow toothpaste :indifferent: fluoride is poisonous, which is why I don't drink tap water
    I know but sometimes it just happens by accident. it can be a tiny little drop.... or even may happen accidentally while im rinsing my mouth with water before spitting out all the toothpaste. if just a tiny bit goes down i'm throwing up.
    what sucks is throwing up after u have fresh teeth and having to brush all over again in fear that you may swallow more *shudders*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^oh man, issues! lol. i just remembered one weird thing I just did it today.

When i get my margarita with a shot of grand marnier on the side I MUST drink the shot first instead of pouring it in like ur supposed to.
    THEN i still MUST take the tiny straw and hold the tip and take some margarita from the glass and pour it into the shot glass till almost full then swirl and pour back into the margarita to make SURE i got ALL the shot contents.
    THEN I still must discreetly lick the inside of the shot glass with no one noticing, thank god i have long hair because I'm a mom now for crying out loud. (still to not waste any of it).
    THEN and only then can I get rid of the shot glass but now this is the part that gets me "the look" (you're a weirdo, look) I also must discard the little straw and WILL NOT no matter what drink from it because it has salt on the edge and your supposed to taste the salt and drink it like that and it bugs me to all get out to see anyone using that straw and wasting all that yummy salt and ruining the perfect margarita. (even tho' I just "ruined" mine by downing the side shot first).
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Culinary weirdness and mostly outdated by now.
    I used to ofc eat for comfort and the taste, but i also ate for texture.
    EVERYTHING had to be crunchy, so I ate:
    Raw everything, from cauliflower to potatoes (o.O)
    Unboiled pasta and rice , only soaked and not boiled beans ftoo.
    Meat so overfried that it broke off at glare and i tried to dry /everything/.
    Fruit that were so green and unripe that even they felt bad about being eaten.
    I was super happy stuffing face with nuts, carrots and crisps.
    Oh yeah, while eating wings or the chicken drumstick, i ate the bones too .>.>

I am amazed i didnt explode from all that tbh.
    Got my crunch fixes from veggies and granola now instead, much less hazardous.
    Oh yeah, i dont let /anyone/ touch my lighter. Its dear to my heart souvenir but if someone touches i disassemble the poor zippo and clean it madly till its pristine again.

Mild forms of symetry and order related OCD's are not even worth mentioning after the glorious culinary extravaganza.
    WTF brain, wtf.