What is/are your WEIRDO habbit(s)?

Options

Replies

• sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My family routinely calls me "Sheldon" from Big Bang Theory... I'm slightly OCD.

If a couch has 3 cushions - it's a 3 person couch. If it has 2, it's a two person couch. I don't care if they are the same size, or even if it has one giant cushion. ONLY that many people can sit on it. I get really nervous when more than that sit on it. I know it's stupid, but it bothers me.

Ice is NOT for eating. It's for keeping you drinks cold. Don't chew it or eat it.

I turn on the clicky light switches (the ones that are on lamps and such) 3 times. So it goes "on-off-on". If I mess up and do 4 swipes, then I have to finish that round of three, THEN start over to get it on... so it ends up "on-off-on-off DANG IT on - off (start over) on-off-on."

I put on 20 swipes of deodorant after a shower. 7 swipes in the morning before I go to work, or 7 after I work out.

I eat my food in the order that I like the least - so generally my meat gets eaten last since I like it most. Want to get the more disappointing stuff out of the way (even if it's other stuff I like, I like to save the best for last).

I can't have anyone watch me brush my teeth or look at myself in the mirror when I brush my teeth - it makes me throw up. This one I have NO idea why... I can put cough other cough things in my mouth and be fine, but teeth brushing, oh my god no.

If you say we are going to Walmart, and then we go to Walmart AND the post office, I get really nervous. It's not like I have anything else to do, it just bothers me that we're not sticking to the plan.

So in short, I'm a crazy person - but at least I acknowledge that most of those are idiotic things, which is better than some people.

Oh and just thought of a weird food thing - I take pancakes and waffles and make sandwiches out of them. I put bacon or sausage on them, some mustard or ranch dressing, and if it's a waffle I add tomatoes and lettuce, and woo sandwich. Everyone finds it so weird but it's SO good.

Ur not crazy girl, I'm not a doctor or anything but i live with a person.who has ocd, u sound like you have.it.
    That pancake/waffle sandwich thing sounds amazing!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have to set the volume on my television at increments of five.

When I knock on an exterior house door I have to count "1234, 1" and on interior doors "123"

if music is on I have to walk in sync with the beat or move in synce with the beat

I like to answer the phone on the 3rd ring

I have to get out of bed at when the time is on an increment of 5 otherwise I will lay there and if 6 minutes pass by I will lay there at least ANOTHER 4 minutes before I get out of bed...

I have to sing/rythem things... when I worked at starbucks I always singsonged their orders back to them... it was weird but people liked it so oh well. lol
    Oh goodness... I never realized how crazy I am until I wrote all these things down like this...

Almost forgot this but I ALWAYS have to turn the faucet on when I go to the restroom, I cannot stand the thought of anyone being able to hear me in there. I will wait at a public bathroom until whomever is in there leaves and if anyone comes in there while I'm in there I have to stay and wait until THEY leave before leaving the stall... this is terrible and i'm trying to stop it...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I talk and sing to my dog all day long. Dogs like to hear their humans' voices, so I'm always talking to him. Stuff like, "What should I make for dinner, Eric? Chicken or fish? Yeah...chicken. I'll make chicken." He just looks at me with his head titlted. And I'm always making up songs about him and singing them to him as I move around the house throughout the day.

I do this too, I have a running dialogue at my dog about him getting into medical school and how he'll never make it if he doesn't hit the books.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    OMG i just though of another one... i have workout OCD

If I'm on a treadmill or elliptical i have to end my workout calories burned on a 0 or a 5. For example: 107 calories burned would make me continue to workout until I see 110.

This is not OCD.........I do it too and it's perfectly normal.

I shake my milk
    yes I know what homogenized means
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I talk and sing to my dog all day long. Dogs like to hear their humans' voices, so I'm always talking to him. Stuff like, "What should I make for dinner, Eric? Chicken or fish? Yeah...chicken. I'll make chicken." He just looks at me with his head titlted. And I'm always making up songs about him and singing them to him as I move around the house throughout the day.

Cute! :)
  • dinkerdwn
    dinkerdwn Posts: 6 Member
    Options

It totally do this with my cat...and he just looks at me like he hopes I'll share some of the dinner. And when he's bad or being weird, I sing little diddy's about it...haha. My BF prolly thinks I'm insane.

I also prefer my foods not to touch one another. And used to eat things one thing at a time, I've sorta grown out of it though and sometimes take a bite of this then a bite of that.

HAVE to have my covers tucked around the bottom (and the side, b/c it's next to a wall). BF is an untucker and it drives me insane. I'm constantly fixing the covers before I get into bed...or in the middle of the night.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My family routinely calls me "Sheldon" from Big Bang Theory... I'm slightly OCD.

If a couch has 3 cushions - it's a 3 person couch. If it has 2, it's a two person couch. I don't care if they are the same size, or even if it has one giant cushion. ONLY that many people can sit on it. I get really nervous when more than that sit on it. I know it's stupid, but it bothers me.

Ice is NOT for eating. It's for keeping you drinks cold. Don't chew it or eat it.

I turn on the clicky light switches (the ones that are on lamps and such) 3 times. So it goes "on-off-on". If I mess up and do 4 swipes, then I have to finish that round of three, THEN start over to get it on... so it ends up "on-off-on-off DANG IT on - off (start over) on-off-on."

I put on 20 swipes of deodorant after a shower. 7 swipes in the morning before I go to work, or 7 after I work out.

I eat my food in the order that I like the least - so generally my meat gets eaten last since I like it most. Want to get the more disappointing stuff out of the way (even if it's other stuff I like, I like to save the best for last).

I can't have anyone watch me brush my teeth or look at myself in the mirror when I brush my teeth - it makes me throw up. This one I have NO idea why... I can put cough other cough things in my mouth and be fine, but teeth brushing, oh my god no.

If you say we are going to Walmart, and then we go to Walmart AND the post office, I get really nervous. It's not like I have anything else to do, it just bothers me that we're not sticking to the plan.

So in short, I'm a crazy person - but at least I acknowledge that most of those are idiotic things, which is better than some people.

Oh and just thought of a weird food thing - I take pancakes and waffles and make sandwiches out of them. I put bacon or sausage on them, some mustard or ranch dressing, and if it's a waffle I add tomatoes and lettuce, and woo sandwich. Everyone finds it so weird but it's SO good.

Ur not crazy girl, I'm not a doctor or anything but i live with a person.who has ocd, u sound like you have.it.

Yeah, we've always been pretty sure I have mild OCD and OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)... I recognize that most of the stuff I do is stupid, but I keep doing it anyways because I like the routine.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

omg I do this TOO!!!!!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys are just weird.. the tv volume has to be even number.. that's some crazy stuff right there!

As for me, I always eat my sides before the main food group.. so I always eat the veggies then meat.. or that sort of stuff.. if I get a burger and fries, fries are always first..

When I am drinking beer I always peel the label off the bottle.. its a pretty strange habit.
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Also, I get called weird by my housemates because every time they walk in the living room I'm always watching food programs! What can I say I study food at University and I like to cook and eat! haha :)

That's all i watch toooo!

The only bad thing about it is when you end up watching Man VS Food and think, "I could eat that massive burger right now".
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    I always wear shorts. Winter/ summer snow/rain doesn't matter. I always wear shorts. Everywhere.

you could probably walk around in a speedo and I don't think anyone would complain... Just sayin'...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    I always wear shorts. Winter/ summer snow/rain doesn't matter. I always wear shorts. Everywhere.

you could probably walk around in a speedo and I don't think anyone would complain... Just sayin'...
  • LemonJADE
    Options
    I only ever wear leggings or tights! I never feel comfortable in jeans etc.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If I don't run with music I end up counting my steps... 720 (per foot) in a mile. I have a thing with numbers in general... If I see a house number or route number I will add/subract/muliply it to get an even #. Ugh.
  • Lilyyy7
    Options
    pizza and ketchup. I dip the pizza in ketchup. ONLY frozen pizza from the store not pizza from restaurant

That is so funny!!! I eat my pizza by ripping it up into little pieces as I eat it, and dipping it in ranch.

I also eat Qdoba burritos with a spoon. :)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I can't stand big chips. If I open a bag of chips and there are big ones, I have to break them into smaller pieces before I will eat them.

I can't stand commercials. If I'm watching a show and the commercials come on, I will immediately MUTE the commercials until the show comes back.

HAHA I do something similar... I eat all the small broken ones first, then the big ones. hahaha
  • sandynas
    Options
    Also, I get called weird by my housemates because every time they walk in the living room I'm always watching food programs! What can I say I study food at University and I like to cook and eat! haha :)

:huh:
    The only bad thing about it is when you end up watching Man VS Food and think, "I could eat that massive burger right now".

Omg right! I end up with massive cravings!.I'm addicted to the food shows tho, can't stop!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love white and balsamic vinegar ! I put it on tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, pizza, salads, quinoa, meatballs, etc. I lick the plate clean. Im a sicko.
  • LemonJADE
    Options

Omg right! I end up with massive cravings!.I'm addicted to the food shows tho, can't stop!
    I'm watching one as we speak haha!
  • sandynas
    Options

Yeah, we've always been pretty sure I have mild OCD and OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)... I recognize that most of the stuff I do is stupid, but I keep doing it anyways because I like the routine.

That's ok sista girl, we all have some sort of disorder or another :drinker: