What is/are your WEIRDO habbit(s)?

Options

Replies

• sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Mine started when I was like 13 years old- I was in line at the grocery store with my mom, and the cashier had this massive booger dangling out of her nose. It was so gross... and it has lead to a compulsion to just swipe my finger under my nose like every 15 minutes or so to make sure there's nothing there. People must think I'm a coke-head...
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm ocd and I have a bunch. :(

I have to load the silverware in my dishwasher just right. All of the soup spoons in the back row with the little spoons in front, the knives on the back row of the other side and the forks in front of the knives. It annoys the crap out of me if someone else loads it, but I never say anything or I'd never get any help.

I don't know if this one is weird or not. I have to shower from the top of my head first, then work my way down to my feet.

I will only eat with certain silverware because I hate the way the cheaper ones feel in my mouth. I also eat one type of food at a time on my plate.

My husband is the same about the dishwasher - I load like wiht like (little spoons with little spoons, big forks with big forks), but he has to have them in a specific order. And he *will* reload if I don't get them right *laugh*

I always shower top to bottom too - it seems silly to wash my dirty feet and then my face!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I always triple check things: that my car doors are locked, same for the doors at my house when we are getting ready for bed, and also that the the alarm clock is set correctly. Not once. Not twice. But three times makes me feel secure.

Other than that I am quite normal :tongue:
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG i just though of another one... i have workout OCD

If I'm on a treadmill or elliptical i have to end my workout calories burned on a 0 or a 5. For example: 107 calories burned would make me continue to workout until I see 110.

HAHA, I do that too!
  • april1445
    Options
    LOL I'd love to read all of these, but don't have time right now. What's this bump thing that people do? Is that a real thing?
  • 5ftnFun
    Options
    LOL I'd love to read all of these, but don't have time right now. What's this bump thing that people do? Is that a real thing?

Bump is simply a way to get a topic saved so it shows up in "Your Topics" to read later and/or keeps the thread near the top for others to read. I use Google Chrome & bookmark threads I find interesting.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I hate hairspray. DO NOT.....DOOO NOOOOOOOT put it on me I will absolutely cry like a baby. Im not afraid of it, its not a phobia. I just hate it, its weird I know, but I just dont.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always triple check things: that my car doors are locked, same for the doors at my house when we are getting ready for bed, and also that the the alarm clock is set correctly. Not once. Not twice. But three times makes me feel secure.

Other than that I am quite normal :tongue:

^ I do this too. Before I go to bed I have to double check that the front door is locked, the fridge is closed all the way and all the pilots are off on the stove. I just give everything a good tap. If I forget, no matter how comfy I am in bed, I can't get to sleep and have to get up to do it

Also, when I eat, I don't like my hot foods touching my cold, when I eat eggs and pancakes, I won't let the syrup touch my eggs. And I have to end activities in an even number.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I hate hairspray. DO NOT.....DOOO NOOOOOOOT put it on me I will absolutely cry like a baby. Im not afraid of it, its not a phobia. I just hate it, its weird I know, but I just dont.
    If I don't use hair spray sometimes, my hair is ALL OVER THE PLACE!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have nightmares someone is cutting my hair. It seems weird to me
  • 5ftnFun
    Options
    Another post, then I'll leave, promise.

I ALWAYS stop at RR crossings. Not slow down, but stop like a school bus does. When I was little, my mother's car stalled on the tracks as the gates came down for a train that was on it's way. She got it going just in time, but it definitely left an impression on me. Occasionally someone will toot their horn at me, but whatever.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my watch in my house, but I can't leave my house without it. I feel naked.
    I can't sleep without the television on and I'm an insomniac, so I wake up all night long. I have my bedroom arranged so that I can see the television while facing away from it in the mirror on my dresser in the event I roll over.
    I haven't balanced my checkbook since the "invention" of online banking. My register consists of two repeated entries: deposit and balance. Every few days, I will go online to see the "available balance" and write that in.
    I can't walk inside my house barefoot - I have to wear socks, but no shoes (and yes, my house is clean), but I love going barefoot outside.

Weird?? Probably
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If the volume on the TV is not an even number I can't stand it. It has to be an even number. At least my wife is accepting of this.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When I eat, I have to eat and FINISH one item at a time. I can't take a bite of this a bite of that and a bite of something else then go back to do it again. I just can't.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I always unlock my car on the passenger side, put my purse on the passenger seat and then walk around the back of the car and get in the drivers side. I'm not sure if that's weird, but I guess I could unlock the drivers door, chuck my purse in, and get in, but I decide to make it complicated and I've been asked why I do it, I have no idea hahahah I just like to.

I have a thought about it.... After spilling a drink that was sitting in the console by throwing a bag into the passenger seat I now do almost the same thing (but I don't carry a purse). :-)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I always unlock my car on the passenger side, put my purse on the passenger seat and then walk around the back of the car and get in the drivers side. I'm not sure if that's weird, but I guess I could unlock the drivers door, chuck my purse in, and get in, but I decide to make it complicated and I've been asked why I do it, I have no idea hahahah I just like to.

I have a thought about it.... After spilling a drink that was sitting in the console by throwing a bag into the passenger seat I now do almost the same thing (but I don't carry a purse). :-)
    :) I have spilled so much coffee on my passenger seat, but that's only because I forget the lid is off of it and I might turn a little too sharply. :) NO PURSE!? WAHHH. Hehehe.
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have to check my zipper when leaving the bathroom. Even if i just went in there to wash my hands. Even if i JUST checked it before, i have to check it as i'm leaving.

i also use paper towels to touch anything in a public bathroom. sink, door, anything.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am unable to finish a cup of tea.....Wasteful...but their is a reason!
    My elderly Grandma always insisted on making you tea...you could never refuse.
    She used loose leaf tea..... but would forget to use the strainer, more often than not!
    A gob full of leaves...ugh...
    She passed away years ago, but I still cannot drink the bottom third, or so, of a cuppa...no matter who makes it or where it is made!
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat an apple. Not a pear, or a banana. But specifically an apple that has a sticker on it. I peel the sticker of and stick it on my hand. Only after I have consumed said apple that I can throw away the sticker. Must be a childhood thing!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My right shoulder always has to be covered in order for me to fall asleep. I could go to bed, read, talk, daydream, or whatever, but as soon as I cover my shoulder I’m out. My hair cannot touch my neck while I’m sleeping, I flip the pillow a few times every night, and no matter how cold it is I can’t sleep with socks or sleeves. I also have lotion in almost every room of my house and apply it every five minutes or so, to hands and feet.