What is/are your WEIRDO habbit(s)?

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I can't stand big chips. If I open a bag of chips and there are big ones, I have to break them into smaller pieces before I will eat them.

I can't stand commercials. If I'm watching a show and the commercials come on, I will immediately MUTE the commercials until the show comes back.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    [...] and must have my feet covered so the boogie monster doesn't get my toes (not really, but why else must my feet be covered?)[...]

The feet thing!!! YES!!
    I have to have A TON of blanket tucked tightly under my feet at night. I feel uncomfortable and nervous without it. Stemming from scary movies, I think. If I get uncovered during the night, and I don't think about it too much, it doesn't bother me. Just while falling asleep. If I do think about it, then under my feet that blanket goes again. haha

Stemming from pregnancy when I peed constantly, every time I brush my teeth, I have to go pee. I can usually hold it, but it ends in the "potty dance" haha. As soon as that brush hits my mouth, the urge comes, and that means "going", stopping the brushing to wash my hands after, and that is such a time waster. UGH What a waste of time! hahaha

HMMM... what else? I would rather sleep in my underwear under my three light blankets than dress warmer and sleep under just one. I get too hot ALWAYS under a comforter. My whole life. I usually ended up sleeping on top of the comforter and under lighter blankets. Even in the summer, though, I am under all three blankets with minimal clothing covering me. Never socks. Never.

I don't go downstairs at night, once it is dark out, because I get too nervous coming back up the stairs (being chased sensation). If I end up having to, I look like a squirrel on crack (almost flinching and running circles to make sure I can see all around me) hahah

I lock the car, and even though I hear the "bu bweep" I still grab the handle of the driver's door and one other door to make sure the car is locked. Any locked or unplugged thing gets me, ALL STEMMING FROM PREGNANCY because I would forget to lock things and forget why I went somewhere. Preggo brain ruined me hahah

I don't enjoy running because I have to step down to the beat of the music, and it is difficult compiling a playlist that doesn't change the pace too much.

That's it. I am just your normal freak
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My Weirdo Habit huh? I tend to wear other peoples faces :devil:

Just kidding... Or Am I?

leatherface+pic.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OMG i just though of another one... i have workout OCD

If I'm on a treadmill or elliptical i have to end my workout calories burned on a 0 or a 5. For example: 107 calories burned would make me continue to workout until I see 110.

yes this too. i thought it was just ME!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my chips ( French fries for my US friends) in chocolate ice cream ...lush!!

I love doing this. Usually chocolate shakes, but so yummy!
    I also eat what I like the least first and I save what I enjoy the most for last.

Approaching the end of a meal, I actually start to think about what I want for a "last bite" .. what's the last flavor from this meal I will have? I will then eat accordingly, saving that planned "last bite".

this too! Especially when I used to eat lucky charms. I always saved the marshmallows for last. And when I'm eating pears in peanut butter, I always make sure I save a not-as-peanutbuttery pear for last so I don't weird peanut butter after taste in my mouth.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

I take pictures while I'm driving too - my husband said if I ever get into an accident because of it he's going to kill me! LOL!

If he doesn't I will. Just sayin'
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to have pointy things pointed at me. Scissors, Knives, pens, pencils, sticks, whatever...I will get up and walk across the room to turn it the other way.

Don't touch my belly button, It gives me the heebie jeebies.

I can't sleep if the fitted sheet feels wrinkly near my feet. I usually remake the bed perfectly before I get into to it to sleep.

Often, if something happens on one side of my body, It has to happen on the other side too or I'll feel unbalanced.

I prefer to have people sit or walk on my left side. Another balance issue.

Using the bathroom has to be the last thing I do before bed. If I have to get up for any reason, no matter how trivial, I will use the bathroom again. Same goes for leaving the house, must use the bathroom right before.

I hate plastic cups. Prefer to drink from glass or ceramic. I feel the plastic holds remnants or smells from whatever it previously contained. Also I would rather throw away a plastic cup than have to wash it.

I'll quit now, none of you really need to know me quite that well.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just realised I have petrol pump OCD - I HAVE to get the display to either whole litres or whole pounds
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    I can't eat meat directly off the bones. Gnawing on an animal carcass is enough to gag me, literally.

This
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You guys are HELLA weird! But after thinking about it i have some pretty weird tendencies also:

I am very superstitious at times. I feel that if I think about something the opposite happens or i have to say it out loud to remove the curse! Except winning the lotter apparently.

I have to watch Smallville 1 or 2 times a day every day. Those who don't know Smallville went off the air TWO YEARS ago!

I hate mashed potatoes YUCK! But love french fries. I don't care for baked potatoes..unless they are in potatoe salad.

I thought i was born on Krypton when I was a kid..and I still am not convinced i wasn't.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is gross but I clean my ears with bobby pins....I have really small ears and Q tips don't cut it, I stick the bobby pins so far in sometimes that it makes me cough....probably not good but it feels good
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have a pressure point that when I squeeze it, I feel calmer. And sadly... the pressure point is in my nostril. Whether it's a real one or not, it works. No one in my life enjoys this habit of mine.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I chew on those things around the top of pop bottles.. constantly.

plastic-bottles-537x357.jpeg

^^ HOLY CRAP
    I thought I was the ONLY ONE!
    I chew on the lids as well but only the soft lids.. I have a hard mint addiction as well. I have to suck them with the wrapper on. Talk about MY STRANGE ADDICTION
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mine started when I was like 13 years old- I was in line at the grocery store with my mom, and the cashier had this massive booger dangling out of her nose. It was so gross... and it has lead to a compulsion to just swipe my finger under my nose like every 15 minutes or so to make sure there's nothing there. People must think I'm a coke-head...

Just reading this, made me check my nose! LOL
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I just realised I have petrol pump OCD - I HAVE to get the display to either whole litres or whole pounds

If your pumps work like the ones in the US with vapor recovery, after the automatic shutoff you're just paying to pump gas back into their storage tank ...

http://www.epa.gov/donttopoff/
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I can't stand big chips. If I open a bag of chips and there are big ones, I have to break them into smaller pieces before I will eat them.

I can't stand commercials. If I'm watching a show and the commercials come on, I will immediately MUTE the commercials until the show comes back.

You should move in with me. Only the big chips are worthy of me and my loved ones. Therefore every bag of chips gets thrown away with about a third of it containing what I guess would be a treasure to you. Be warned tho' if you were caught breaking chips in this house you'd have a lot of angry people to answer to and might not make it out. Just sayin'
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like ketchup with rice
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Before I eat I separate most foods into different bowls before I eat them. I don't like the taste of most foods when they mix with each other on a single plate, except for things like mashed potatoes n corn and a few others.

Also I eat pancakes from the inside out. I drill a hole in the center with my fork pour in syrup then eat.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I talk and sing to my dog all day long. Dogs like to hear their humans' voices, so I'm always talking to him. Stuff like, "What should I make for dinner, Eric? Chicken or fish? Yeah...chicken. I'll make chicken." He just looks at me with his head titlted. And I'm always making up songs about him and singing them to him as I move around the house throughout the day.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I eat round - shaped foods (burgers, donuts, bagels, big cookies, etc) in a circle, so that as I eat it I'm maintaining its round shape. But if it's too small (like a tiny cookie) I don't do this.

Also, if I eat a sandwich made on regular bread, that is cut in half, I eat each half in 4 four rows of 4 bites, from left to right.

The conclusion I draw from this thread? A lot more people are OCD than will ever be officially diagnosed, lol.