What is/are your WEIRDO habbit(s)?

Options

Replies

• cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I refuse to take any pain medicine - at all - in the theory that someday I'm going to have a really bad headache, backache, etc and I want the medicine to work really well. :)

Same here..not really thinking about future headache/backache, but I just don't like taking pills.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    my oldest son does that w/the cereal milk on the side thing. MY weirdo habits... two that I can think of. Twix bars, I eat the caramel layer off the top first. Then I nibble the chocolate off of all 4 sides. Then I eat the cookie. The cookie tastes so good like that! OK second....... at Olive Garden, I like to take the breadsick, burrow a hole down the center of it with my knife, and then fill the breadstick with salad and eat it. GO FIGURE! I love it like that. Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I do either of these. :laugh:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I move my knee in a big circle and can make my pelvis bone crack. yup its pretty cool. :tongue:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I like my leftover pizza cold. Never heat it up. Also, I take a short nap when I get home from work everyday.

Seems normal to me, but my roommates think it's weird.
  • cljabusc
    Options
    not really a habbit.... but i HATE the way banana peels feel on my hand....when your peeling it and the cold floppy peeled skin rests on your hand...eugg!!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    This has been one of the best posts ever. A couple I share:

I have to leave cardio machines on the 50 or the 100 mark, it drives me crazy to be at some number like 12, so however long to get to 50 is what will happen and pray I don't lose track, so 51 will make me go top the next 100 mark.

I say bless you after burps (though not farts), it started as a joke, but now it has taken a life of it's own on and I CAN'T STOP...I need help. :wink:

One that is similar, but I don't think I saw it...When I eat a sandwich, I have to eat the crust first, ending with the two bottom quarters, then I need to eat the left one, followed by the right one, then I'm able to finish the sandwich.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I feel like if I end on a an even number in a work out that people will think I was aiming for that long. Like, for example, last night I was thinking of stopping and I looked down and saw that I was at 15 minutes even, so I ran until 16:23 so that the number would seem random :')

Also, my food things don't really apply anymore as I don't eat most of the foods. But. When eating pizza, I have to eat the toppings off first, and then eat the pizza regularly. When eating snack cakes, I have to eat first one side, then the middle, then the other. When eating oreos, I have to eat the cookie parts by themselves. I refuse to eat an even number of chips.

LOL your OCD is conflicting with my OCD of having to see even numbers ugh my head is going to pop LOL j/k
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Mine started when I was like 13 years old- I was in line at the grocery store with my mom, and the cashier had this massive booger dangling out of her nose. It was so gross... and it has lead to a compulsion to just swipe my finger under my nose like every 15 minutes or so to make sure there's nothing there. People must think I'm a coke-head...
    EWWW i feel your pain.

it is a little funny though when you think about it. I have one of those plastic things on my fone that turn into a mirror when the light is off. it helps me check my nose without looking
  • karenrace
    Options
    Mine started when I was like 13 years old- I was in line at the grocery store with my mom, and the cashier had this massive booger dangling out of her nose. It was so gross... and it has lead to a compulsion to just swipe my finger under my nose like every 15 minutes or so to make sure there's nothing there. People must think I'm a coke-head...

I do this too, I am so paranoid about having a booger hanging out of my nose :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Not as much anymore, but I used to "sammich" everything. Eating spaghetti, I'll fold my piece of bread, plop some s'getti on there and nom nom nom. Spaghetti O's..same thing. A roll for dinner, are there mashed tators? MMM...mashed tator sammich. Basically if I have bread and a plate of food, you can be about 95% sure there's gonna be a sammich made outta something.

For any type of roll, the center is carefully honed out and then devoured, allowing me to fill up that void with other delicious yumminess from my plate, like shells and cheese.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I alphabetize my books, movies, and cds (who has cds anymore?)
    I arrange the clothes in my closet by ROYGBIV
    I cannot have my food touching while I eat.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    TOO many to list.

I'm VERY OCD about my schedule.

I get to work an hour early everyday, to avoid being 5 minutes late.
    I won't go to the gym if my gym clothes aren't in my car, and my water bottle isn't JUST filled from work.
    (nevermind the fact I live 2 min from my gym)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I chew my face (move my jaw back and forth to bite the insides of my cheeks). It makes me look like a camel.

I was literally doing that when I read this post. lol
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I rub my feet against the sheets until I fall asleep

I do that! Of course, I rub my feet on EVERY thing. It's soothing somehow. I enjoy the feel of the different textures, but can't sleep if I feel wrinkles in the fitted sheet near my feet.
  • petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Trust me just about everything I do leads to a reference to being "weird", like I used to live by the classic Elvira quote " It's OK. My appearance is kind of a shock to everybody"; one workout the coach stopped the class because he noted it was the first time my t-shirt did not have a skull or was not a skeleton tee. Very OCD, I don't step on cracks....ever like I have to force myself on walks and runs to not care about that. Trust me this is only a bit, I'm rather complicated in life.
  • Sangjui
    Sangjui Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my chips ( French fries for my US friends) in chocolate ice cream ...lush!!

LOL. The only thing I really miss from Wendy's (fast food burger chain here in the US) is getting an order of fries and using them instead of the spoon to scoop/eat my chocolate Frosty (sort of like a really thick shake). Yum!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I soooo can't mention that.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    i Live in Chicago. All of my habbits are weird.

However, I would like to point out that alot of my weirdo habbits are pretty amazing
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I eat my bananas with a spoon. You just take the interior curved section off and it's like a bowl :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I will only drive in a specific pair of shoes, any others and im not used to it and i just suck