sugar is toxic

Options
123457»

Replies

• wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wait, I srsly don't give much **** cos I gave up white sugar years ago and i lack sweet tooth syndrome..but..isnt fructose the sugar from fruits? Do correct me if I am wrong, I admit my ignorance in this subject but if I will hear that apples can give me cancer I might flip :P

I lived in this ideal dream of "context and dosage" wisdom.

Gosh, lets not outlaw fruits now.

This thread did break my sarcasm meter repediately tho, so I might be geting trolled now. Again, Ignorance is my line of defense :D

Fructose is in fruit - however the fibre and other nutrients that are in fruit actually help negate the fructose in the way it's metabolised in the liver. This guy here goes into and explains it a lot better, it's not as simple as that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM - He shows how it gets metabolised and due to it being so difficult to do so it produces a lot of bad **** in our bodies.

Fruit is great - the recommended 2 serves a day of fruit is spot on. But it should be eaten raw - so it retains as many nutrients as possible.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Fat, and fat is the sole cause of heart disease...

Other than genetics and lack of exercise?

Yes fat is the major part of it - however most people don't realise that sugar makes fat - where as actual fats can be used by the body much better and easier than sugars. So low fat diets don't always work when there's a lot of sugar involved.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if you were to gather together every study done over the last twenty years on the effects of various food items on health, you would not dare put anything in your mouth. The best thing to do is to think moderation in all things, in terms of foods and drink.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not toxic. It's certainly not good for you in large quantities, but it's nothing to really worry much about.
    As with most things, three words often overlooked in pseudoscience and scaremongering apply: Context. And. Dosage.

Water is essential for our survival; however, in excessive quantities it can cause hyponatremia, which can lead to death. Does that mean we should avoid water, or should we instead consider context and dosage and consume it in appropriate quantities?

Dude! Your making way to much sense here with like logic and *kitten*. That can't be right.

Quiet down! ... I want more gifs.

tumblr_m3ju6wpwfK1qb9xkb_zps830bed39.gif

cookie.gif

Did someone say sugar?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not toxic. It's certainly not good for you in large quantities, but it's nothing to really worry much about.
    As with most things, three words often overlooked in pseudoscience and scaremongering apply: Context. And. Dosage.

Water is essential for our survival; however, in excessive quantities it can cause hyponatremia, which can lead to death. Does that mean we should avoid water, or should we instead consider context and dosage and consume it in appropriate quantities?

Dude! Your making way to much sense here with like logic and *kitten*. That can't be right.

Quiet down! ... I want more gifs.

tumblr_m3ju6wpwfK1qb9xkb_zps830bed39.gif

cookie.gif

Did someone say sugar?

Cruelest gif ever

PugNoLuck_zpsd62b0d1a.gif