Over 200 New Year New Me Part 14

Options

Replies

• jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    hajohnson- I think you're the most 'outdoorsy' person we have in this group, it's awesome :) I think you've done an amazing job with motivating us all to get outside and get moving!

Mstahl- I think that it's awesome you did so much in the pool today :happy: I feel terrible, but got some extra motivation to get this weight off of me. My toddler wants to take swimming lessons...I refuse to get into the pool and was sooo relieved when I found out she was at the age that parents aren't needed to accompany their children because if I had to get into a bathing suit in front of others I would DIE! Every part of my body jiggles... I gained weight after losing weight in an unhealthy manner, so now all my skin is less than elastic-y and it all jiggles and wiggles :ohwell: Can't wait to feel confident enough to be in a bathing suit

Cris- Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that you'll still stay in the top 8, but wtg on the 1.2lbs gone :drinker: And 422 sit ups?! That's awesome!! You and Awestfall with her squats! You two rock!!

Littlespy- Glad that you're feeling so great about yourself :smile: That's what really matter, feeling good in your own skin and being healthy

Checking in..

Calories- A little under
    Water- Uhm...well not good but I'm working on 1.5L right now:embarassed:
    Exercise-Didn't get any in today, but I made healthier choices: Taking the stairs rather than the elevator when my daughter went to gymnastics, Walked our stroller across to my moms instead of driving over with fiance
    Proud-I made homemade pita chips to eat with Hommus [I am SO in love with Hommus right now :D]

I'm super excited. Good friends of ours knew that I was in desperate need of a double stroller. We had actually found one online that we were going to buy on thursday. Well they found one at an Estate sale in GREAT condition, and one of the wheels had been replaced 10 mins prior. They picked it up on the weekend and surprised me with it tonight. I was ready to cry when I saw it. My 2yr old will only walk so far, and then throws a fit so it's been next to impossible to get outside during the day when my fiance is working...So I spend most of the day home when we could be out walking or at the park. My life won't be so confined anymore I'm so happy :bigsmile:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Cris-I'm crossing my fingers for you on the staying in the top 8 girl!! You're doing an amazing job!

Jesyka-That's so awesome that your friends got you that stroller. Gotta love having friends like that!!

LittleSpy-You should feel extremely proud of yourself! You have come a long way in a pretty short period of time. You are amazing!

Well guess what ladies!?

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!! 20 minutes and 2 miles down on w5d2 of c25k!!! :bigsmile: I was so excited when the guy said "2 minutes remaining" I swear to you...I started to cry...I'm such a dork! :blushing: And I couldn't have done it without any of you ladies motivation me for the last week! I just love all of y'all! I gotta hit the shower but I had to share!! Be back later to stalk! :tongue:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Jess- I hope you are ok, your post sounded sad. We are here for you if you need to vent. CONGRATS ON COMPLETING W5D2!!! :drinker: You are inspiring me to get back to it.

jessyka- How nice of your friends to get you that stroller! Good friends are hard to find, hang on to them!:flowerforyou:

I decided that thanks to Jess' determination with c25k that I am going to skip w5d3 and go on to w6d1...that seems more doable to me so we will see. Today is actually my run day so w6d1 here I come!

Heather- you thought I was going to pass you on c25k and now it turns out Jess is going to pass both of us!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-I was quite upset last night. But I took all that frustration and anger and killed the c25k this morning!! I'm over it now and I'm not going to let it get me down anymore! And it felt great. It helped me release all that and get passed the 20 minute jog! I think going to week 6 is a good idea. Having that jump to a 20 minute jog seems a bit odd to me!! You WILL get to that 20 minute mark though! I know you will! You are a determined woman! You're going to kill w6d1! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    wtg to all of you on the c25k!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls :)

Jess: YOU GO GIRL on C25k Run....You got this:wink:

Cris: Crossing my finger and hoping you are one of the Top 8..And congrates on your recent weight loss...I knew you could do it:flowerforyou:

Littlespy: I know the feeling.,..and it feels good. By looking at you before and your current pic... can i say you look hot w/o sounding freakish :blushing: ....you have come a long way...and with out you i would have given up long time ago:heart:
    the other day I looked at myself in the mirror and i was like wow , i can see the difference..even my hubby said i looked a little tighter/toned..one (more than one thing) i am self conscious about is my bra/back fat and my upper arms...i do have othe problems like my inner thigh need work but my outer ones are like rocks...

jesyka: yes, what cris said, hold on to a good friend...keep on walk girl:wink:

lildeb: I think 20 pounds in almost 3 months is doable..stay motivated and imagine yourself 20 pounds thinner to get yourself through those tough times...I know you can do it:flowerforyou:

Mstahl: way to go girl having fun in the pool :flowerforyou: ! Last year my family took a vacation to West Virginia and we rented a cabin in "The Woods Resort " and part of the package was the rec pool(s) there was three..in 3 different sights...and i would scoop out which one had less people and more olderly and go their..my children though i was nuts. then when i would go in the pool i would not go in wiht a bathing suit...or like yoga pants and a T-shirt...no body said a word..people looked at me weird but i didn't care...we had so much fun..and by the end of the week everyone there knew us

let me go and check in...

Check in: 4/13/10
    calories: on target
    exercise: 30 day shred..level one and ran in place while wathcing Biggest loser
    water: not quite..about 6 cups
    proud: i did some kind of exercise even though i didn't feel like it...my allergies are acting up and i forgot to take my zyrtec, at night

CHeck back later...
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Still need to make my meal plan .... WHY do I have such a mental block about it??? :grumble: I want to plan some healthy meals for my whole family! I will try very hard to take the time tonight.

Hey 1stpaul,
    I love getting recipes off the martha stewart website. She has a healthy living or whole life section or something with loads of healthy recipes many of which are very easy to prepare and they are all tested thoroughly. I've never had one go wrong or taste bad.
    Thanks meokk, I'll check that out. :flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Cris - good luck, I hope you are still in the top 8 ... you deserve it, you've been doing great!

Jess - I'm glad you are feeling better today, and good for you for kicking butt!

Mstahl - late afternoon, early evening is my toughest time of day for eating - I'm usually pretty hungry and usually have to make dinner for the family, so being in the kitchen is a bad thing without a plan ... so every day I manage to not overeat at night - it's a win! Last night was ok, I was actually pretty patient and not snacking while I made the kids french toast and bacon for dinner (hubby was golfing, so the kids requested breakfast for dinner since hubby doesn't like that) ... but then I was too hungry and made myself a potato pancake and ate more of it than I had planned ... still under on calories but ate all my exercise calories.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: just barely under, ate all my exercise calories though
    exercise: good - an hour of step at the Y
    water: good - 72oz
    proud: I ate kind of weird yesterday, but I only ate what I was craving instead of trying to eat 'normal meals' and then ending up also eating what I was craving too
  • cris20056
    Options
    OMG I AM STARVING THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!! I already ate a ceral bar and a bagel. Counting down until lunch...I might be eating at like 11am instead of noon :embarassed:
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am back!!! Wahoo!! I went to FLorida and i am back. In FLorida i was bad...we ate whenever we wanted and snacked all day long. But we also had a lot of fun on the beach and in the pool. Anyone ever notice how hungry you get after swimming? Well so I really need to lose some wieght. It is getting hard to walk and that is scaring me. I think my first goal will be to lose 25 pounds. Well anyway i got to go the teacher is talking .
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I am back!!! Wahoo!! I went to FLorida and i am back. In FLorida i was bad...we ate whenever we wanted and snacked all day long. But we also had a lot of fun on the beach and in the pool. Anyone ever notice how hungry you get after swimming? Well so I really need to lose some wieght. It is getting hard to walk and that is scaring me. I think my first goal will be to lose 25 pounds. Well anyway i got to go the teacher is talking .

Welcome back Renea_Kay!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation mstahl and bluenote. :flowerforyou: You guys are doing great too!

Renea - Glad you're back! Dont ever give up, that's the trick! :wink:

Anyway...Check in, yesterday

Calories: Under to compensate for overage on teusday
    Water: Just right
    Exercise: Some stairs
    Proud: I dropped some water or something overnight and finaly got away from 237 and back down to 235. I'm back on track, hopefully!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This week is CRAZY... I have been reading your posts when I have had a chance but, work has picked up and the yard has been calling my name. We picked up 2 yards of potting soil last night so, I need to make time to spread that where it is needed. :noway:

check in
    calories good
    exercise.. yep
    water.. a little under yesterday but will do better today
    Proud I can feel myself toning up! :bigsmile:

did some squats yesterday and my left knee did not like them. I will have to do half squats, I guess I did not realize how much I have been babying that knee. Damn arthritis.. can I say that? :blushing:

Started week 2 of c25k and decided I am going to have to do it on the elliptical as my treadmill needs some maintenece and my knee does not like the abuse. But, I will not give in and I can feel myself getting stronger and going longer :smile:

Well, I will keep plugging away, I am not leaving just might not be visible here for the next week or so!

Need to get to work! Bye for now :flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    HI Guys!

Chris - I sure hope you make it into the top 8 again!

Jesyka - I'm glad you got the double stroller - getting OUT OF THAT HOUSE has to feel fabulous! Plus it's a great way to tire out a two year old :tongue: She can do some interval training with you - both walk then she rides while you walk pushing more weight!

LittleSpy - AWESOME on seeing yourself in a realistic way! I have reverse anorexia - I think "Dang I look GOOD for this weight!" I have to pinch a chunk of fat on my arm to remind myself how obese I really am... It's true! I look horrible "in pictures" so simply making sure I'm on the other side of the camera solves half my problems:laugh: I'm that fat person who complains about how "they" started making chairs too small :embarassed:

lstPaul - I'm with you on making room for cravings. I have an obsession for starlight mints (those red and white hard candies) - the corn syrup makes me break out so I buy the ones that are sugar free and eat six every day. I can have six for 100 calories and they are totally worth it to me! No other mint takes care of the craving:ohwell: Last night my dinner was wine and cheese :noway: I weighed out 3 oz of cheese on my handy new kitchen scale and poured myself a generous 8 oz. glass of wine and YUM! A lovely dinner that lasted about an hour by the fire!

Which reminds me... Checking in for yesterday!
    Calories - under my exercise calories by about 200 (I need to do this for awhile)
    Water - spot on!
    Exercise - Walking and Swimming

Proud - that I got into the pool at all - it's such a pain! And I'm going to do it tomorrow too! Whoot!

I've been eating the smoothies at the Rec center for breakfast lately. I figure that as long as I think of them as a meal replacement they aren't too bad. the one I get is 310 calories and has a scoop of protein :love: I get a banana raspberry version!

I finally got a response on the internal position. They would like me to take it but it would be a lateral position. I'm going to check out the other spot before I decide. I hate it when the logical thing to do doesn't match up with the thing you WANT to do...
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Thank you to all of your lovely ladies in the supports and congrats of completeing my 20 minute run.

mstahl-Those smoothies sound yummy! I use to go to Jamba Juice (not sure if anybody else has those) after a workout until I learned how many calories, sugars, and carbs were in them. OUCH!! Sorry to hear about the positiong just being a lateral move. That's frustrating!

ColoradoGirl-Awesome job at modifying the c25k to what you can handle. I would of never thought of that! Very proud! Going to miss seeing your posts! Keep at it girl!

Renea-Welcome back!!

Mari-Woohoo on seeing 235! You will be in the 220's before you know it!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

mstahl: I'm glad you heard on the internal position, but it's a bummer it would be a lateral move.

Littlespy: I love your comment about being a normal "chubby" person. Chubby is one of my favorite words right now because that's how my boyfriend and I describe ourselves. We often talk about being the "chubby couple" in the group...but at least we're the most fit!

Jess: I hope today is a better day for you. Way to kick butt on W5D2 though! Great way to handle your frustration.

Renea: Welcome back! Today is a new day so no more looking back at what you ate in Florida.

Jesyka: I love hummus! My favorite is Sabra Roasted Red Pepper...yum! I had to giggle when you called me "outdoorsy" because it has only become that way in the past year and a half. Growing up, we didn't do anything too outdoorsy other than normal kid play. It wasn't until I was an adult that I fished, went boating or went camping. Now, I'm hiking and snowshoeing and looking forward to camping this summer. It's amazing to me how much I've changed! If I can do it, anyone can!!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under by 471
    Sodium: Over by 1333
    Water: 56 oz.
    Exercise: W8D2 of C25K
    Proud: That I completed W8D2 outside, even with hills and wind! My best running time outside until yesterday was 14 minutes and yesterday was 28 minutes! It felt great! Even as I was running and checking my time, I kept telling myself "Don't you dare quit. You need to be able to tell the Over 200 gals you did it!"

Cris and Jess: Sorry, but I'm not going to let you gals pass me up. I still love ya, though!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Jess- I caved and bought the c25k app...I figured since I am going to go back and re-do the program for speed (If I ever freaking graduate) I might as well do it, I wish I had this earlier on! I am so excited about running to my own music tonight and not having to watch the clock! I hope this makes the time go faster. I decided to give w5d3 one more try then will move on to w6d1. w6d1 is easier than w5d3 WTF?! Anyways, thanks for all your help with my iphone! any more nifty apps I should have?! :happy:

Heather- Its ok I dont want to be passed either so I am going to really work hard to get past w5 tonight, then Jess and I will at least be at the same place :laugh: :laugh: You need to be more worried about her passing you than me :tongue: :wink:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Cris: I just find it so strange that I actually *gasp* enjoy running now, for both the physical feeling and the mental challenge. My mom always said I was stubborn. Last night when I was running, I couldn't believe how long it actually took for me to feel out of breath and to feel the burn in my legs. I even had to take a slightly different route last night to make sure I could run that long without getting back to my starting destination too soon. Weird...
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am so proud of all you runners. You guys are amazing. I had to quit the c25k because of exteme pain in my shins. I am still walking briskly though and I plan to attempt it again when I lose another 20 to see if it is better.

I wanted to share. I have been doing this workout and it calls for 2-3 cycles. I am only able to do 1 cycle. Today I pushed through it and did 2 cycles. I even added forward lunges to the workout to meet the challenge for this week. I will confess though that the second cycle I left out the plank, and burpees. But hey I am so proud of myself. The link below is this entire workout for anyone who needs to see what each exercise is. If you are interested in trying it out. Oh my does my outer thigh and hip areas hurt. The wall squat I kept getting up and then going back down all the other workouts but today I did the full 45 seconds each cycle without getting up.

Jumping Jacks 60 ea
    Prisoner Squat 30 sec
    Push Ups 30 sec
    Reverse Lunge 30 sec
    Mountain Climber 30 sec
    Wall squat 45 sec
    Plank 60 sec
    Burpees 5 ea
    High Knees 25 ea

2-3 cycles

http://thebodyfirm.biz/blog/index.php/2010/03/rapid-fat-loss-bodyweight-cardio-workout
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    LOL I don't know about passing anybody up! :tongue: But I can sure try!! I don't think I'm starting week 6 till Monday actually. My birthday is Friday so I don't wanna get up at 4:30 knowing that we're going to be out late late late. I wont have time after work because I gotta go home and get ready. I know you are supposed to rest inbetween but I thought about going ahead and starting week 6 tomorrow possibly. I know it's a big no no! :blushing: