Replies

• sandraschimank
    Options
    bump : )
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Evening my friends` today has been a day~ when it rain's it pours:sad:
    I got a call from a dear dear friend and I was at work he said not so good he is in the hospital with renal failure:noway: talk about a shock, he is only 51 yrs old, I am going to visit him tomorrow hopefully they can get to the bottom of why this happened.
    Then come home to the DH upset because within probably the next yr and a half ,he will probably be out of work. not yet 65 and me working part time, We have bills that need to be payed off by that time and now seriously thinking about canceling the cruise.
    We cant live in a bubble I know ,but cautious yes...
    It isn't the money so much I am worried about it's the insurance,neither of us will be eligible for medicare and private insurance would suck the life out of us...
    I really hate this feeling:angry: I would really really love to go on the cruise ,and would probably be the last one we would ever go on..but dont want to put ourselves in the hole anymore..
    Geesh it is just one thing after the other.I guess I have to accept the things I cant change,but Mercy Heaven's it is tough.
    Say some prayers for my friend Ray xoxo thanks
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    So our small knitting group of 9 women or less at times.We turned in 3 lg hefty bags for the Under my wings ,they help unwed mom`s.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
    HUGS
    jane
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good day. It was our first day in clinical and the students did great. Their computer access didn’t work and it took over 3 hours to get that straightened out. The biggest issue was that there are no phones….anywhere! All the staff have mobile phones that don’t work outside the facility, so there aren’t any phones on the walls in the hallways. That’s mainly to help keep it quiet, but I was running into the staff lounge, talking to IT, hanging up, going back in the hallway, trying something with a student trying to log on, running back into the lounge,,,,,,,blah blah blah.:grumble: So I recorded 2 hours of walking! I did walk nearly all day, but just logged 2.

Remember me bragging about not having knee pain even though both my knees are bone on bone? Well guess what? My left knee is killing me! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Barbie: glad your recital went well and the people at the assisted living enjoyed it!

Gail: I do enjoy applebees and they have some great low cal dishes!

Mary: glad you found us again! If you lose us, you can always email one of us for the link

Jodios: thanks for the info! Our big tv downstairs has computer access, so I’ll look the vidoes up! Thanks

Jmkmomm: you did the right thing! Hubby was lucky to have you there! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Still sending prayers and good wishes!

Michelle: what ever caused that little problem I hope it goes away SOON!!!!! It would be like me to eat all that ice cream too!!!!!!! Well knowing you that was a very rare occurrence. Hope you are better soon and that it is not the dreaded gift!

Lila: no spring here….wind chill was below zero this morning!

Deb: so glad you got a nice visit!

Amanda: good for you for taking care of yourself!

DeeDee: I hope you feel better soon

Carol: still sending prayers for you, Jackson, and his family….and the nurses and doctors caring for him:flowerforyou:

Judy: good to see you again. The fitness trainer sounds great

Brooke: I ‘m thinking of getting that fitbit! I am exhausted from clinical! About the co-worker; she is usually quite pleasant but very controlling. I don’t actually work with her in any of my courses, so she doesn’t bother me. I too am glad her outbursts were rare!

Grandmallie: sending prayers to you and your friend Ray:flowerforyou:

Jane: how are you doing these days with your eating? Your knitting group is doing a great thing.

Katla: that is great you found an eating plan that works so well for you! Keep itup!

Well, it’s tme to try to get something accomplished here before “Hoarders” comes on LOL. Take care, hugs to all, Meg from cold Omaha. :drinker:
    PS thanks to all who gave me information on the shred!
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happy first day of Winter…. Ooops…I mean Spring… it’s so cold and snowy I got confused!:huh:

Barbie, I wish I could have seen the recital, I bet it was wonderful!:flowerforyou:

Amanda, Happy two years! I think it is awesome how you get in extra bits of exercise!:smokin:

DeeDee, I hope you feel better soon. I love pears, you must get a lot of them :flowerforyou:

grandmallie, wtg, on Jacobs ladder!:glasses:

Moxie, I agree where is Spring? I also track my sodium, it is so easy to go over on it.:frown:

Cheryl, My heart breaks for you all and I can’t imagine the worries everyone is going through. Continued prayers for Jackson and your entire family.:heart:

Renny, I wish I had an answer for you, sorry. I hope it goes away soon. I have episodes of the entire left hand itching, but I never remember to ask Doc about it. :ohwell:

Jb, Good for you! I have put off starting my seeds as it’s still too cold here this year. :sad:

Joyce, Thoughts and prayers for you and your Hubby and wishing a speedy recovery for him.:heart:

Lucy, Congrats to you and I agree with you, being a part of this group really inspires one to exercise!:drinker:

Laura, So sorry to hear your Son didn’t get selected but Happy for you that you will still have the Grand children around. I have just one Grandchild and I can’t imagine not seeing her grow and being a part of her life.:smile:

Michelle, I know where you are coming from! My go to, soothing food is cookies. I have a couple of things on the horizon that I will be facing in the next few days and in the next couple of weeks that have me troubled right now and it is getting harder and harder to stay focused and motivated.:cry:

Brooke, A big Congrats to you !:drinker:

luvbuttons, Wow, you have had a lot all at once. I am deeply sorry about your Mom, and hope the Hubby is doing better. You have found a wonderful group of supportive friends, I’m sure you will love it. Please feel free to friend me if you like.:flowerforyou:

Jodi, You are such a sweet person. I wish you peace. 20 years in May for me, it is still difficult.:flowerforyou:

Viv, Glad it stopped raining for you! If only it would stop snowing here and bring on the sunshine and spring blooms.:flowerforyou:

Jane, You and your knitting group are real angels! What a nice thing to do !:heart:

Meg, I’m praying things settle down for you!:flowerforyou:

Calling it a day,
    Hugs to all
    Carol WNY
    Bump 19
  • emtjab
    emtjab Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump....hope I don't lose you all again...LOL....
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Evening my friends` today has been a day~ when it rain's it pours:sad:
    Then come home to the DH upset because within probably the next yr and a half ,he will probably be out of work. not yet 65 and me working part time, We have bills that need to be payed off by that time and now seriously thinking about canceling the cruise.
    We cant live in a bubble I know ,but cautious yes...
    It isn't the money so much I am worried about it's the insurance,neither of us will be eligible for medicare and private insurance would suck the life out of us...
    I really hate this feeling:angry: I would really really love to go on the cruise ,and would probably be the last one we would ever go on..but dont want to put ourselves in the hole anymore..
    Geesh it is just one thing after the other.I guess I have to accept the things I cant change,but Mercy Heaven's it is tough.
    Say some prayers for my friend Ray xoxo thanks

grandmallie... I hear ya. No cruise here either in your situation, because DH has only worked part time. However, Canada's got universal healthcare. So, just say'n that I am a happy Canadian. At least there's insurance for what is needed.

I worked my buns off today, after thinking I was catching some kinda bug. Did NOT materialize. Happy it did not. "Blaming" the healthy veggie/fruit diet, and just a strong immune system!

Keep on keeping on, my dear Vitamin F friends. My focus has been on NSV's the last couple of months. Not the scale. At this age, I want it to be about my health.

Have a great evening.

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC (where it is mighty stormy for the first day of spring...the building was a-swayin')
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie – Sorry to hear about your friend Ray. Here’s hoping the docs can find out what the problem is and fix him up! Arggh, too about the employment news for DH. The feelings of uncertainty are the hardest I think. Hang in there (or you can do like I do and buy a lottery ticket) :tongue:

Viv in UK – Nice that you’ll have some time off for Easter, your home is getting a new “wardrobe” for Spring and beyond :smile:

Carol WNY – The first step to conquering anything is identifying the problem, and you clearly are aware that you’ve got stuff coming up to deal with. Stay focused on your self-knowledge of that which is in your health’s best interest - - you’ve GOT this!!!! :drinker:

Meg – you were certainly conservative in only logging two hours walking! Sorry to hear your knee hurts though :grumble: Hope you enjoy "Hoarders" and feel much better very soon :bigsmile:

Brooke from Colorado
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Lila - "chatty this month" -- and what makes this different from any other month??????lol

Viv - snickerdoodles are drop cookies that are rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking. In these the recipe called for white bean puree, it's really quite tasty. You can't taste the beans at all. Congrats on starting back exercising.

Amanda - has it REALLY been two years since your heart valve replacement? I can remember when you were waiting to have it done. Boy, I didn't realize I've been on here for that long. See, you guys are addicting....lol

DeeDee - yup, I indulged in ice cream last night. When I got up this morning, I still had that taste in my mouth from the ice cream. You know that isn't at all like me, but like you say, some times we need it. I probably won't have any ice cream again for a long while now. I guess part of me rationalized that I should just finish it up since Vince didn't want it. That's so bad. Well, the Wii showed a gain (not surprising), and I know it'll take a long time to get that gain off. Maybe deep down inside there was a part of me that was sad that bunco was coming to an end. I like getting together and just joking around, chatting, etc. So sorry you aren't feeling well...hope you get better real fast. The previous owner planted a crepe myrtle at the corner of the garage. I would like to change it to a bradford pear or some other tree that blooms EARLY (very early) in the season. After winter, I'm so ready for spring, and the crepe myrtle's don't bloom until around August. To me, that's so depressing.

jb - it wasn't my period (thank goodness) so I'm sure it was hemmerhoids. I remember a while ago when I had some hemmerhoids removed, it was recommended to me to take some mineral oil to keep things "loose". I might very well get some and start having it.

Judy - that's awesome that you got to see BL taping and were so close! I also find it neat about that challenge you are in. That's just wonderful that she gives you workouts and checks your diary. You are so lucky

Did an hour of yoga this morning and then an hour of the deep water class. You know, it's interesting in a way. When I started out the day, I was so tight. By the end of the water class, there were things that I could do without any discomfort. Then we went to senior bowling. Vince said how he needs to stretch before bowling. I didn't have to stretch, I was already stretched out! Just had dinner, will be going back for Newcomer bowling. Tomorrow I'll do Jari Love Ripped to the Core DVD.

Lucy in DE - fantastic NSV! You go girl!

Laura - I'm sorry your son wasn't chosen, but there's a silver lining to this cloud ... he's not moving!

Brooke - how your clothes fit is so much more of an accurate indicator than the scale is. Congrats on the awesome NSV

katla - thanks for telling Viv about the snickerdoodle.

luvbuttons - welcome! I'm so sorry about your husband and mother. Does your husband have to monitor his potassium, too?

grandmalle - boy, when it rains it pours. My heart goes out to you, your hubby, and Ray

Carol - the way the weather has been, I'm SOO ready for spring, don't even kid about winter....<smile>

Just got back from Newcomer bowling. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Amanda – I didn’t know you also had a heart valve replacement. Mine was almost a year ago. Very blessed with wonderful care and a terrific surgeon. Life is good!

Welcome, LuvButtons

Meg – doesn’t the Hoarders program just make you want to clean house? It can really motivate me to get chores done.

Didn't get to the gym tonight as I was at work until 8p. Came home, fed the dog, fixed a little supper and am waiting for DH to get home from work. Then I'll go to bed shortly thereafter....

Gail, metro ATL
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!!!

I don't want to be HWP, but feel deprived. That is no Quality of Life.
    I would say, enjoy your high sodium foods, but in moderation.

What is HWP?
  • Katla49
    Options
    Doctor came in today and told us that they will do a cardioversion in the morning. So although I am not usually before 8 AM, I guess I will tomorrow. They will give him the same kind of medicine that Michael loved, Propafol to put him to sleep then give his heart a shock to see if they can get it back in correct rythem

You and DH will be in my prayers.:flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    OK, I am officialy freaking out about this cardioversion tomorrow. I just don't like the idea of some one shocking my husbands heart to try to temporarily stop his heart so it will restart itself in a regualr beat.

I'm doing a pretty good job of eating well in the hospital cafeteria. it's a heart hospital and they have a heart healthy menu. It's just that 30 minutes before it closes, it is looking pretty sad. I'm not drinking enough water though.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm- What a stressful time for you! My prayers are with you both.

Cheryl- I am still praying for Jackson and your family. Hope he continues to improve.

DeeDee- You can't be getting sick again! You have certainly had more than your fair share. Hope the allergy meds help.

Michele- My DD and I made brownies with black beans and a brownie mix. They were very good! Couldn't taste the beans at all.

Meg- If you had a Fitbit it would have counted all your steps. Bet it would have been a lot!! Love mine- just need to remember to put it on!!:blushing: :blushing:

Having my DD home really got me moving more. My clothes are actually a little looser! Great motivation to keep moving.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Deb A from CNY where it is still snowing(lightly)
  • mch1956
    mch1956 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We lost my Dad today to Alzheimer's, he was 83. He went very quickly after a change in his condition yesterday. It is a blessing for him and for my Mom. Most of us "kids" were there with Mom at the end. I am very grateful for that. I am 6th of 12 siblings (2 have passed) which really helps at during hard times. Please keep us in your prayers.
    MaryC
    SOB's daughter(sweet old Bob)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I have been reading a book about the four places in the world that have been identified as having the highest concentration of centenarians and finding out how it is that all these people have reached 100 years old.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I had time today to walk 25,000 steps, go to line dance class, walk the dogs for three hours, do my weight training for an hour, ride the recumbent bike for an hour, and read all the posts, but no time to respond. Thank you all for being in my life and sharing your lives with me.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington where rain and sun keep alternating with each other

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think the prayers worked. This is what Jackson's Mom texted to her sister, "Tube is out. Been awake all day. Followed my face and then Colby's after. Trying to speak. Mouthed the word "beautiful" while gazing into his dedicated sister's eyes, 3 times in a row, "beautiful, beautiful, beautiful"!!! Colby and I hugged and cried for joy. God is great. Thank you Lord!!!" Tears of joy! Give God the glory!:"

I sooooo hope this is the beginning of him healing. Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!:drinker: Ok, maybe the drinker isn't a good smiley to add since drinking got him in trouble but it's the only one that looks celebratory.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    sorry Mary for your loss of your dad.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, hope Wednesday was kind to all of you. After the garden raking yesterday, I woke this morning to a snowstorm that put about 2 inches down in about 2 hours. It’s melting, but not fast enough for me. That’s it, no more gardening until I get a week of continuous warm weather. I hope my buds haven’t been frozen. Last year my plum tree got a frost during the set so I never got one plum off the tree last autumn.

Luvbuttons – consider us your new friends on this journey, we all know how hard it can be but we share laughs, successes, challenges and you are more than welcome to be one of us. PS – I like that “seasoned chick” line, sort of like KFC – lol.

Katla – isn’t it great how dogs live entirely in the moment – their joy is never held back.

Lucy – congratulations on the fitness NSV.

DeeDee – just the thought of all those pear trees in bloom makes me smile. Take the allergy medication and enjoy the walk through the blossoms while they’re out.

Cheryl – so glad to hear about Jackson, - holding firm that he is on his way to full recovery. And the drinking icon is water, I’m sure of it.

Mary – condolences on your loss and very glad to hear you have a close family to help through this time.

Jmkmomm – hang in there, remember, this is a procedure that has been used many times and your DH is going to be just fine. My thoughts are with you!!!

Gail and Amanda – wow, you two are a testament to active living.

Michele – yes, you are right, we’re chatty every month (and I don’t want to see it change either, it’s great the way it is).

Well, I think Ill get this posted before the page flips over to a new one. Best wishes for a nice evening, a good sleep and a pleasant second day of spring tomorrow – hopefully one with some sunshine (somewhere at least).

Lila – in the snowy Kootenays in BC (and I’m not enamored of its beauty at the moment).
  • Katla49
    Options
    Bump.