WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2013

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    evening ladies,
    Robin I have been in your shoes, I felt the same way , I was on meds for awhile and did she a therapist and I worked my way through it. I will keep you in my thoughts:flowerforyou:
    stretched out my feet today per the Pain Free book, and will keep doing it, but this darn foot is giving me issue's
    going to leave 5:30 am to go to the cape to visit my friend Ruth,she hasnt answered her phone lately so I dont know how long she will be with us,but at least I will get to see her before she departs us..
    My best friends daughter had her baby Saterday a healthy baby boy,no name yet,and she had a c-section so she is still in the hospital, will wait till she gets home and settled before I go and see them.
    And my DD and DGD will be coming weds night, so alot of stuff going on..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Robin: No one can fix everything. You’re smart to realize that you need some help for this. I hope you find an EAP counselor that you can communicate with at the level you need. You are in my prayers.:heart::flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump for Tuesday morning.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today is my birthday and I have had a great day……..early wake-up and dog walking as usual followed by a long phone conversation with a friend from where I used to live in California, then 30 minutes work in the yard and lunch with Jake at our favorite Chinese restaurants….we had enough leftovers so Jake will have a good lunch tomorrow when I go out to lunch with line dance friends….then a quick trip to Costco followed by a 30 minute ride on the exercise bike while watching figure skating, then dog walking and a nap….later we’ll spend some time with friends followed by watching Dancing With the Stars…….it doesn’t get any better than this.

:flowerforyou: Robin, someone told me that you can’t get over depression by lying on the couch so I’m glad you are going to seek some help…….we are all cheering for you.

:flowerforyou: We have had sunshine to go with the almost freezing temperatures in the morning, but my experience tells me that the temperatures will remain low for a long time…….it doesn’t matter because I have a great cold weather yard work outfit (blue down jacket with red, white, and blue wool scarf and hat and blue garden gloves).

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

1147014hf80jy4jk1.gif
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hello again beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I have a little extra time on my hands so I thought I would try to get caught up with everyone!

Sue InSD:smile: I`m glad you`re going to be able to sing! Sorry you`re having to take steroids to be able to though. I know a lot of people can`t sleep, are always hungry and tired and irritable when they take them, they effect me differently, I sleep like a baby, have a ton of energy and they make me happy, they do however upset my stomach and I don`t want to eat at all. I try not to take them though if I can help it, I just hate having to remember to take pills! Hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:

Brooke:smile: The orange curry sauce turned out delicious!!! I was quite amazed at myself:laugh: . I took a few different recipes and made my own from them, a lot of them had mayonnaise or yogurt in them, mine had orange juice fresh squeezed, apricot orange marmalade, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and curry powder, very very fresh and tasty, and quite low in calories!

Nancy:smile: How very nice to see you again!!! Glad you had a wonderful time on your trip!!! I know your boys were so happy to have you home!

Tammy:smile: Did you have sun all day:glasses: ? It`s peaked through the clouds every once in awhile here!

Peachstategal:smile: Oh your sweet little granddaughter, ear infections hurt so much! I hope she`ll be feeling better very soon:flowerforyou: !

M:smile: I miss your long posts!!! I need to replace the felt pads on my chairs too, need to put that on my list! Sounds like a lovely date night! I`m sure DH enjoyed your fashion show, the dog gets a fashion show from me every so often, I love it when I put something on and it just hangs, it makes me happy:bigsmile: ! Noel hasn`t been sick thank goodness for that, other than sneezing, she may have a touch of allergies too, but I am feeling better, just really tired:yawn: .

Katla:smile: Do tell me about this coffee mug??? You have me intrigued! Congrats on a new low today…woohoo:flowerforyou: !!! I sure wish my scale would give me some good news! I`m beginning to think these antibiotic I`m taking are filled with extra calories:angry: !

Joyce:smile: Congrats to getting back to the weight you were before the chocolate egg fest!

Robin:smile: I`m sorry you`re depressed, I know that feeling all too well! Good for you taking some steps in the right direction, calling a counselor is one of the best things you can do for yourself! I`m always here for you if you need to chat! Big hugs!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Bj :smile: Hi! Nice to see to the cute profile pic!

Monet13:smile: Hope you get to feeling better!:flowerforyou:

Jb:smile: Love your new hat!!! I have one similar to it only mine is black and it`s not the dogs:laugh: !
    Love the quote!

Lucy:smile: What is causing your foot to cramp? You drink enough water, how is your potassium? Isn`t this just the strangest weather? I actually saw snow flakes here while out walking the dog today! It was only a 10 minute walk, I am following Drs. orders this time. I want to feel good again!

Beth:smile: Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! BBQ sounds delish!

Jane M :smile: That was a lot of Easter eggs!!! You are so thoughtful!!! Enjoy your time with Violet!

Lin :smile: Hi! What`s going on?:huh:

Luvbuttons:smile: I so need to get in my closet!!! Good for you! I`m hoping one day this week I`ll be able to clean some things out!

Grandmallie :smile: So glad you`re getting to see your daughter and granddaughter!!! Have a safe trip to see your friend Ruth!

Barbie:flowerforyou: Happy happy birthday!!!!! Sounds like a wonderful time tonight!!!

I think I`m caugt up now! Will now take little Noel out for another short walk, she really wishes we could be out longer:grumble: , as I do, but I am going to get rid of this “stuff” and start feeling better!

Have a wonderful night!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Well I have figured out that I am really depressed. I felt it coming on but thougth I could handle it. I can't. When I told my husband I didn't feel like shopping (he was stunned), When I looked at the beautiful moon this morning, I wanted to feel joy but I didn't. I am having trouble even being excited about Oliva or anything. I am calling an EAP counselor today to start getting some help. I am tired of not feeling anything. I am just so numb.

Sorry to be such a downer but I am glad you are all here for me.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter
    In the spring - ish North of Seattle.

Robin, you've been through so much. I quite understand your present state. So typical to think we can all handle everything, isn't it!? However, with age comes the wisdom to seek help when you need it, and I am glad you feel you can and want to. And your Vit F friends I would reckon have likely all been there one way or another as well. So, thanks for sharing and definitely check in, because we are happy to be here for you.

:heart: love ya my friend.
    Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dee Dee, Alas, the sun was out for only 2 hours... then an awful cold, wintry, north wind with spitting rain arrived.
    Looks like old man winter is here for another week! it's hard enough to motivate myself to walk the dog, let alone get a good
    three miler in!!

Night all!

Tammy
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I have figured out that I am really depressed. I felt it coming on but thougth I could handle it. I can't. When I told my husband I didn't feel like shopping (he was stunned), When I looked at the beautiful moon this morning, I wanted to feel joy but I didn't. I am having trouble even being excited about Oliva or anything. I am calling an EAP counselor today to start getting some help. I am tired of not feeling anything. I am just so numb.

Sorry to be such a downer but I am glad you are all here for me.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter
    In the spring - ish North of Seattle.

Dear Robin,

Oh my dear, I am so glad you are seeking help, depression is a horrible, horrible thing. I know, I have been there (still slide there sometimes during long winters). I know the numb feeling, the lack of joy, the desire to have the earth to swallow you up; it’s the total loss of your inner music.

Its starts with one toxic situation, for you it’s your work, but the poison spreads, its insidious until you feel trapped by everything around you, even by those you love. For me it was transferring here away from everyone and everything I had known. Being entirely alone, a very nasty winter started the day after we got here and my husband was gone 90% of the time and was unsupportive the rest of the time. I was so unused to driving in blizzards and ice fog I thought I could die every day I had to go to work and I had a job with a boss that flew in on a broom. I needed the job to keep us afloat, but I felt trapped, alone and I was drowning.

Tell your counsellor everything; spill it without embarrassment, for only in admitting every small detail can you begin to heal, even that which you are afraid to admit to yourself. Be honest, it can only help.

If your counsellor wants to put you on a drug, know that you are in control. You don't have to if you don't want to. If you go for it and the drug they put you on has you sleeping around the clock (as was my case) get off it, ask for a less powerful one that can be decreased over the weeks. They may be beneficial for the short term but try not to stay on it for very long if you do.

You are in control even if at the moment you feel like Chaos is your boss and you have spun completely out of control. The fact that you are seeking help tells me you still have the wheel.

Ask your husband for support but don’t blame him if he cannot give it, not all DH are capable. Don't hold it against him either, it will not help you heal.

I wish you well; I will send you healing prayers with your permission,:heart:
    Know that you have many friends here,:heart:
    Kate
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    wow... lots of posts...bump.
    Gail / very cold in metro ATL!!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Happy Monday...bleh. Long (12 hour) day today and 13 hours tomorrow, then up at 4;30 for clinical YAAY! So this is short and sweet. I'm thinking of all of you and hae special thoughts and prayers for Amanda, DeeDee, and Robin. I'm glad all of you are here in this group. Hopefully I'll get on long enough for a "hi" tomorrow@ Take care, meg from very cold and still snowy Omaha
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC, I think I need to learn the moves and do Rodney’s yoga for beginners first, I am notorious for buying stuff with all good intentions and then never doing or using them!

Jeri, I couldn’t agree more with you, about enjoying every moment. How lucky for you to be blessed with three Granddaughters!

Viv, I love your post about the sun, hahaha Thank you I needed a good chuckle today. You also have my Curiosity up about the You Tube video. I would love the link to it if you care to share it.

Amanda, My heart breaks for you having to go through that! I do hope you are feeling better know.

DeeDee, I had to chuckle about the snow people, I too, always put mine away last! I do hope you are not over doing it. When I had pneumonia, I was in the hospital for a week, and when I got out of course I didn’t take it easy like the Doc said to do and about a month later I had a relapse. It took me over 9 months to completely recover! So PLEASE take care of you.

Peachstategal, I feel so bad for your dear Granddaughter, and hope she feels better real soon. Ear infections are such miserable things. I have held my poor little Granddaughter numerous times when she was sick. Daycare and schools sure do bring out all the germs don’t they.

M, wow! I commend you on getting all that done in one day! I used to do that years ago!

Robin, You are Special! So glad to see you are taking care of you! Sending healing thoughts, love and prayers.

Beth, sounds like a very yummy weekend!

Jane, you truly are a gift to the world!

Lin, Love the little puppy icon!

Luvbuttons, isn’t it crazy the stuff that our closets collect !

Grandmallie, still hoping your heel gets better. You must be excited to have your DD and DGD coming.

Barbie, Happy Birthday wishes to you! Enjoy your Special day !

Crazy Monday, but I am Thankful for this day and all of my VitF friends. Goodnight and remember, a positive mind anticipates happiness, joy, health, and favorable results.
    Hugs ~ love ~ Peace
    Carol in WNY
    Bump 8
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Viv - glad you found the workout! Your sun story made me smile, thanks.

DeeDee - glad to hear those snowpeople are put away!

Nancy - that's wonderful that you signed up for the triathalon. I didn't know that you can sign up with others and only do one leg of it! I wouldn't have a problem with the biking, but I'm not comfortable with the swimming. Not crazy about the running, either

M - oh no, MORE snow. You poor dear (and lots of others, too) (thanks DeeDee for leaving those snowpeople out.....<snicker>. Sounds like you had a very productive day, tho. That's just wonderful about the dresses. Know something, I have this pair of pants that I'm wearing, I really need a size down. Looked online and they only have three, all a size UP. So what I might do is take these pants to a woman to have altered. See, I really need bootcut pants, the straight leg ones just don't cut it for me. These fit me at the bottoms of my legs and aren't too tight, so that's what I just may do. I was going to buy a pair in a smaller size, but they don't have them. I didn't know Les Mills was an Aussie or from New Zealand! Hey, Jessica is 29 and she wants a chocolate bunny. Vince is -- how do I put this nicely -- very close to 60 and he still wants a chocolate bunny! Some don't ever outgrow chocolate bunnies. I'm not crazy about it. Vince used to get me Dove eggs, but I've been telling him that I really don't want any candy

katla - sounds like you're off on a great day, so many positives. I keep trying to tell our cats "no shedding" especially after I vacuum...but do you think they listen??? Congrats to dh

Robin - so glad you're getting help.

Got up today, had a pear, then did 30 minutes of yoga, had breakfast, was on the computer a tiny bit then took the extremepump class. Came home, had lunch, went to Kohl's. Actually, I was looking for a new silver pocketbook but found two sweaters in PS that were $8 each. I'm thinking that I'll give them as Christmas gifts. That plus I had a 15% coupon so for a little over $15 I got two sweaters. Not bad. Tonight I'll have dinner and then go to play mahjongg.

Tomorrow I'm thinking that I'll try using a high resistance on the elliptical. Someone else mentioned to me that that's the type of exercise they do. Well...can't hurt to try.

monet - sending virtual chicken soup. Get better fast

Jane - what did you put in the eggs? Congrats on letting the ortho go. Have fun at Violet's.

grandmalle - drive safely. You're such a good friend, I'm sure it will be hard to go see Ruth but you'll always remember that you did. I don't know if it's an old wives tale or not...but it seems that birth and death seem to happen at the same time, one leaves, one comes. Have fun with your dd and dgd

barbie - happy birthday! Your day sounds wonderful

DeeDee - I'm like you, I don't like taking pills. I only take them if I absolutely must. Your orange curry sauce sounds fabulous

Kate - that was very kind of you to be so open. Now I feel like I know you better. What a great post you wrote to Robin.

Just got back from mahjongg where I maj'd three times on the new card!!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    H:flowerforyou:A:flowerforyou:P:flowerforyou:P:flowerforyou:Y
    B:bigsmile:I:bigsmile:R:bigsmile:T:bigsmile:H:bigsmile:D:bigsmile:A:bigsmile:Y
    B:heart:A:heart: R:heart:B:heart:I:heart:E
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We had a wonderful day here in AZ on vacation. It was sunny and very warm. We went hiking for 2 1/2 hours up in the hills. It was so beautiful. Everything is green (well at least AZ green) and there were flowers in white, purple, fushia and orange. We ate at In 'n Out as a treat for all the calories we burned.
    We are staying at a time share so are eating most meals in to be good about our calories. My goal is just to maintain. One great thing discovered when we went out to the Good Egg our first morning here is they have the calories for everything on the menu. It made making smart choices so much easier (even if it took about 2x longer to read through everything). They said its required now to have calories. We haven't been out to a real restaurant since, but if that's true I think it will be much easier to stay on track. I don't have a lot of time to respond but a few call outs:

Barbie - happy b-day:flowerforyou:

Robin - so sorry to hear you are depressed but I am so glad to hear you recognized it and are seeking help. We are all here for you. :brokenheart:

Welcome to all the newbies:drinker:

congrats to all those who have had victories on the scale and NSV.:bigsmile:

Signing off for now. Jodios

P.S. I was able to pack my old, smaller summer clothes including 2 bikini's whoohoo:smile::bigsmile: :heart: :laugh:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla:smile: Do tell me about this coffee mug??? You have me intrigued!

DeeDee in NC

Let's just say that it will go perfectly with your tiara.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, so many posts to read and no time to read them!:sad: :sad: :sad:

I have been self sabotaging myself for the last week.:devil: I am feeling anxious about having to go through a knee replacement again, and in order to have this done,I have to lose weight! :noway: So, i went back to old habits again! :angry: Getting up at night and eating.:explode: I did not add these foods to my diary.:mad: I sat down and said to myself "what is wrong with you?":noway: Why are you doing this to yourself?? :sad: I came to the conclusion that if I lose weight then I get to have my knee replacement. :ohwell: To me this was the most painful surgery in the world and I dont want to live this pain /rehab again! :sad: :sad: I thought, well what is the end result? No pain.:bigsmile: Sometimes you have to go through hard times to get to the other side.:flowerforyou: So, I have to change the thought around that - I have been through this once before and I can get through it again.:smile: I will keep telling myself this:wink: . I have to have the carpal tunnel surgey first, on both wrists, so the knee will be a way off.:wink:
    I have to be thankful that there are these surgerys that can fix us. :drinker:
    Any way, I am back on track and trying my hardest to , not get up at night! :drinker: Exercise always makes me feel better and today I am feeling stronger!:drinker:
    I have not had time to catch up on all the posts.
    Big hug and prayers to those who are in pain or suffering right now.:flowerforyou:
    Congrats to all with NSV and weight loss.:drinker:
    Be strong and stay on the journey! We are so worth it! :drinker: :drinker:
    Be blessed, LindaS aka Sundanceb:heart:
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Barbie, sorry I missed it yesterday but a very happy birthday to you!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: xx
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Robin, I am so glad you are getting help. I can empathise with you completely having suffered from debilitating depression for most of my life. I have been seeing a therapist once a week for the last six years - I don't even want to think about how much I've paid. What I do know is that it has helped and continues to help. I ask myself often if I should stop going now that I am on a more even keel. The answer is no, I will keep seeing her for as long as I can. Certainly for me, depression will never completely be gone and just having someone who I can talk things through with helps so much.

I truly hope you find a good counsellor who you will be able to build a rapport with - maybe it won't be the first person you try, but persevere my friend and also know that we are all here if you ever want to vent. You know that none of us would judge you, no matter what you have to say.

Good luck and much love.
    Amanda x