High Heels & Fishnets!!!!!

Options

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm Allie (shredder mentioned me in the opening)... and I am in charge of putting together the spreadsheet/chart for this group!

Every week I put together a spreadsheet and attach it to this thread. It helps to see everyones progress for both the previous week and the entire challenge. So what I ask of you is that every Friday you post your weight. You can "officially weigh in" any day of the week but make sure to post it by Friday so I can update and post the spreadsheet Friday/Saturday.

We'll start with this Friday to get an idea of who's really interested in this challenge. Post your current weight and your goal weight. Also, if you miss a Friday expect a message from me! lol I dont mean it mean or nasty I just know that sometimes you have a bad week and dont want to report...but just remember that if you dont hold yourself accountable then it's likely youll keep slipping up. (And don't worry everyone has off weeks!)

I hope everyone's as excited as I am!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Allie: Thanks for being our spreadsheet keeper! I appreciate your hard work and holding us accountable to weigh in!

Here are my stats:
    Current weight: 192.8
    Goal weight: 160

I love the name of this thread. I plan on wearing a dress and 3" stiletto heels for my birthday dinner on April 24th, so this is perfect! I don't think I have the dress to go with fishnets yet, though!
  • Cchange
    Cchange Posts: 18
    Options
    Wow! This sounds great! I want in!!!
  • Dyna18
    Dyna18 Posts: 17
    Options
    okay i'm in .. after reading all those reply's how could one NOT be excited!! Here's my stats..
    Current Weight 200lb
    Goal Weight 120-125 lbs
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would lke to join as well. Count Me in!
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    There's my girls....Hi Heather and Allie! :heart:
    So you heard it from Allie, this Friday (April 16th) will be the offiicial launch of our challenge.
    What does that mean to you???
    Well, there are a couple of things you have to be consistent with and accountable for.
    First and foremost, roll-call!
    Allie will put your name on the spreadsheet ONLY if you sign up for the challenge. I know that not everyone is comfortable posting their weight and may simply like this thread for the fun and motivation we all strive to provide:laugh: So, if that's what you want from this, we are totally cool with that....no pressure. You may decide to participate down the road.
    Second, you need to post your SW (Start weight) and GW (goal weight). Your start weight will be the number the scale reads on Friday. I for one am not posting until Fri as my weight right now is deplorable, I'm buying a few days so a not to shame myself on weigh day too bad :ohwell:
    Failing to post your weight for 2 consecutive Fridays will mean your scrubbed from the spreadsheet. Is that a little harsh? No, we are adults and accountable for ourselves. If you sign on then you're serious about the work that you need to do, and out of respect for the group and yourself, will remain true to your commitments. Also, you do not want Allie hunting you down!!!:noway:
    We're here to achieve results. Remember that "no excuses" are allowed, we're just over that.
    Goal weights and times to achieve will differ for almost everyone. What has worked for us in the past is to keep short term goals in view with "mini" weight loss. It's nice to hit those numbers and does wonders for the desire to keep going.
    As a group we need to come up with goal dates. By the 16th, our first weigh in, we will only have 15 days left in April...2 weeks to jumpstart a challenge? What do you guys think? For me, that would equate to a goal of losing 5 pounds. Totally doable! Mmmm, 5 pounds doesn't seem like a lot but for me it's more about the mental game and "sticking" with the program that becomes the struggle.
    Anyway, I'm curious to know what you guys feel about it and if there's any super duper ideas out there, please, shout em out.
    S
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We'll start with this Friday to get an idea of who's really interested in this challenge. Post your current weight and your goal weight

Here are my stats

(challenge start weight)
    CSW: 161.4 (yuck) *cringes*
    (long-term goal weight)
    LtGW: 130 or size 4, whichever comes first (hee hee)
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You had me at High Heels & Fishnets!!!!!
    Absolutely in!
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Stats:

Starting Weight: 197
    Starting Dress Size: 14/15

Long Term Goal Weight: 155 or
    Long Term Dress Size: 8/10 (Whichever comes first, I'm 5'9)

Mini Goal #1: Lose at least 5 lbs by April 30th :-)
  • candice26
    candice26 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am SO in – Today is my first day joining MFP, and this is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you Shredder for posting this . . . . it’s like it was meant to be :happy:
    I joined this site hoping that I would find others who had the same goals as me, and would help keep me accountable, and provide the support I need to achieve my goals. I am very excited to start this, and have already made the appointment in my calendar so I don’t forget to weigh in on Friday! . . . . here’s to that little black dress, fishnets and the sexiest high heels I can imagine! :wink:

980351.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi and welcome to all of you!
    I can't wait for Friday....the energy out there is catching and I feel like nothing can hold us back.
    To date, we have 26 gals signed up for the challenge! We'll really see how many we have by Friday and if you've got what it takes to "stay the course" :tongue:

No matter what, remember the positive feelings you are experiencing today...how fired up you are about beginning a new journey. You'll need to draw on this memory as the days go by.
    Write it in a journal, draw a picture of what your motivation is.....could be your child, your guy, the size 10 jeans, the beach. Now put yourself in that picture, cause thats where you belong!
    There is NO SURRENDER with this group.
    We are on a mission...on our own personal crusades!
    There's no holding us back.
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! Thank you ladies! I will be here on Friday with my start weight because I too am buying a couple of extra weight loss days! :-) I can't wait for the kick off!! :-)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out! I'm always up for some tough love and accountability (which seems to lacking as of late.....)

Current - 147
    Goal - 137
    Super Goal - 133
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. just let me know what to do!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Yahoo! I like you ladies already! :bigsmile:
    I weigh in at my Weight Watchers meetings on Tuesday (just got back!!) so I can post my weight today -- this'll be my starting weight:

SW: 173.2
    GOAL: 155

I am getting so close to my goal but I am definitely feeling in need of some accountability lately!!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I want in!! I love this idea. I've been losing weight and my husband has been noticing : ) I want to surprise him by our 7th anniversary in JULY.

And I think I like pain so tough love is what I need. You can say anything to me!

I'll wait til Fri. to put my stats.

Looking forward to everything.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    THIS SOUNDS GREAT! I'm usually bad at keeping up with challenges so I won't put my name in the sheet just yet, but I will definately keep up with posts and try my best!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 172.6
    GW:140
    Super Goal Weight: 130
    Current size: 14
    I am more focussed on how I feel and not the real number! My personal trainer just moved back and I have started to work wtih im again so I know I will be putting on some muscle and really toning down!
    My Biggest Goal for this year is to run a Marathon in December! So I have started training for that with him... You must understand, the longest reace I have run is a 5K and that about kills me!!
    Other Goals:
    30 day goals:
    Start exercising consitently and eating right
    90 Day Goals (Middle of July)
    I would like to be down about 20-25 pounds or to loose size 10. I am giving a range in punds because I know from working with im before that I lots inches but no pounds.
    180 Day Goal (Nov 1st)
    Be at my goal weight or what I feel comforatble at around that number.
    It has been 8 1/2 years since I was 135 pounds so I am not sure what I will look like at 140... the 135 was before 2 kids and I actually felt fat then! but we will see how it goes.
    Exercise goals for Nov 1st is to be prepared for my 1st if not 2nd Half-marathon and be in the final weeks of training for the Marathon on December 11.

other goals for the year are a Triatholon and obtaining my personal training ACE certification which I start Prep-classes the end of May!!

Good Luck to all!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Ooh, you've been busy here! I'm so glad there is so much enthusiasm about this thread.

I love the comments I read about needing tough love ("you can say anything to me") and "focusing on how I feel and not the real number." These are exactly the kinds of things we need to keep in mind! I also love those who are choosing a weight or size, depending on what comes first.

I will also be setting my goal as 5 lbs. lost in April, even though we'd all love more!
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I actually wear high heals and on occassion fishnets. For halloween I was a 50's Vegas Burlesque dancer for a Pimp and Ho party and won the top price. I am a size 18. My personal goal is to be a size 14. I would be more then happy with that. I do need to be held accountable so I think this would be a great group for me. Thanks Shredder!
    So here are my stats
    SW: 244 lbs
    GW:175 lbs