Spousal sabotage

Options
12346»

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Umm, when my hubby picks something up for me because he thinks it's "my favorite", usually chocolate, (and he is usually right by the way) I thank him, have a small portion, share with him, share with my kids, and gratefully put the leftovers elsewhere for me to have small portions at another time. Portion control. I do not deprive myself of anything, and I have still lost over 20lbs. My hubby never does anything to sabotage me. He does things out of kindness for me.

Now that may NOT be the case with you two. I hear and read countless stories about spouses who actually try to sabotage, but maybe it was just a not-well-thought-out attempt at kindness? If it is, maybe drop hints like "Oh, I love these flowers, I love THIS shampoo, it would be great if someone could give *Insert random thing you like here* as a gift. and so on? If it's actual sabotage, don't take it and stick to your guns.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Will Power is a muscle. The more you use it, the Stronger it gets.

You need to get a refund from whatever medical school you went to, any basic anatomy book will prove this to be untrue.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Will Power is a muscle. The more you use it, the Stronger it gets.

You need to get a refund from whatever medical school you went to, any basic anatomy book will prove this to be untrue.

I am seriously hoping and praying this post was made with your tongue firmly in your cheek. If not....well...I just don't know!!
  • JackieHJ
    JackieHJ Posts: 9
    Options
    My boyfriend is skinny and pretty much only eats junkfood (seeing him eat at McDonalds and Subway in one day and then for dinner two plates of spaghetti is NOT an exeption :P), so there's lots of unhealthy food around.
    He used to just go and eat his food right in my face, but I explained to him that that's a little demotivating and now it's a little better, usually.

..the Subway cookies still get me every time, though xD
  • texmexmomma
    texmexmomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ... hmm. You'd be a peach to be married to.

Unless he's force feeding you, you're in charge of what goes in your mouth.

Wow I new there would be a lot of comments but I was writting this in humor not to bash my husband. I do decide what to eat and I still haven't eaten them and I won't.

Thanks for the positive & funny responses. Those who misunderstood my post sorry but I love my hubby & only vented at the temptation and asked for stories similar.

FYI getting screwed can be fun some of you uptight folks should try it. :)
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In regards to dinner, have you thought of getting a crockpot/slowcooker? It seriously changed our lives since we're gone for 12 hours a day nearly :) It was such a relief to be able to dish up when we got home instead of cooking - plus you know what's in it! Soups are really great for weight loss too :)

I agree with the first person that replied. My partner is very supportive of me BUT because he doesn't count calories, he has no idea of calorie content or what is 'good' or 'bad'
    I asked him to get me a tea from the coffee shop once, and he came back with a chocolate milk and a pie :p He just wanted to do something nice for me but he just didn't pay attention to what he got. :)
  • agentphantom
    Options
    if it fits in your macros, it's all good. Just saying...