Experience with SlimQuick?

Options

Replies

• Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.

OK, so you're on medication that may make you gain weight... and you're asking us about another pill without mentioning the first?

You think some green tea pills will counteract the weight gain effects of this mystery medication?

What does your physician think about you supplementing with "fat burner" pills while on this medication that apparently messes with your metabolism?
  • Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I didn't give an in detail description of what I've been doing. I've done the research I know what I should be doing and I know that it's not going as well as I'd like. Notice I asked for people with experience, which obviously none of you are.. isn't there something in the guidelines about harassing people? I've been on here for almost a year now exercising almost every day. Yes I get enough protein, yes I eat enough no I don't eat too much. I'm not on trial, I'm looking for people that took used the product not people who think they know everything that want to run their mouth online.

I have tried it, back in the day before MFP. It didn't do anything.

This isn't harassment, it's just people giving you the input you requested. If you're on a medication that messes with your metabolism I'd suggest talking to your doctor. Maybe it can be switched for something else? I had to get one of my meds switched recently because of that. Also ask about the slimquick just to make sure it's safe to take with your other medicine.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have anything to say about this product? Negative or positive? I have purchased the gentle cleanse and fat burners and am seeing rapid results, my concern is what happens when they're gone.
    Chances are you'll buy some more till you hit goal. Then chances are you'll regain some weight, then purchase it again, which is exactly what supplement companies want you to do.
    Do it scientifically: be consistent with a calorie deficit on an eating plan you can do for LIFE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I didn't give an in detail description of what I've been doing. I've done the research I know what I should be doing and I know that it's not going as well as I'd like. Notice I asked for people with experience, which obviously none of you are.. isn't there something in the guidelines about harassing people? I've been on here for almost a year now exercising almost every day. Yes I get enough protein, yes I eat enough no I don't eat too much. I'm not on trial, I'm looking for people that took used the product not people who think they know everything that want to run their mouth online.

In to learn more about other peoples' experiences with this product.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

you know, if you had given all of the necessary information in the first post, you would've gotten some different answers. i mean, not really different though. most people (myself included) don't believe in diet pills, cleanses, and meal replacement shakes/diet plans.

and eating 1200-1600 calories a day is a pretty broad range. try and get a better handle on your eating.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

well...it seems that you are a know it all and have figured out that your diet and exercise routine are working marvelously right...so explain to me why you're asking advice and drink "quick fix" shakes...yeah seems like you got your $h!t all figured out..

I asked for people who had used the product. I don't think most of you even know what this is. The fat burners by SQ are both designed to be used with diet and exercise and the cleanse is an herbal laxative. I was specifically looking for people who had used it. I've seen one person who had used it before doing any kind of diet/exercise regimen and one person made mention of someone that they knew. Thus I am confused by why there are so many comments about what I am doing. I asked no advice about that.
  • jonnythan
    Options

well...it seems that you are a know it all and have figured out that your diet and exercise routine are working marvelously right...so explain to me why you're asking advice and drink "quick fix" shakes...yeah seems like you got your $h!t all figured out..

I asked for people who had used the product. I don't think most of you even know what this is. The fat burners by SQ are both designed to be used with diet and exercise and the cleanse is an herbal laxative. I was specifically looking for people who had used it. I've seen one person who had used it before doing any kind of diet/exercise regimen and one person made mention of someone that they knew. Thus I am confused by why there are so many comments about what I am doing. I asked no advice about that. PERIOD.

Look at it this way:

The substances that actually boost human metabolism enough to make any difference literally kill people.

When you think about it that way, you should realize immediately that these pills don't actually do anything.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

I asked for people who had used the product. I don't think most of you even know what this is. The fat burners by SQ are both designed to be used with diet and exercise and the cleanse is an herbal laxative. I was specifically looking for people who had used it. I've seen one person who had used it before doing any kind of diet/exercise regimen and one person made mention of someone that they knew. Thus I am confused by why there are so many comments about what I am doing. I asked no advice about that. PERIOD.

Wait.. So the product you had success with was a laxative?

Well if that's the weight loss you're after, fine. I'm sure you will look completely different once you've lost all that unsightly water.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

OK, so you're on medication that may make you gain weight... and you're asking us about another pill without mentioning the first?

You think some green tea pills will counteract the weight gain effects of this mystery medication?

What does your physician think about you supplementing with "fat burner" pills while on this medication that apparently messes with your metabolism?

My medication has not made me gain weight specifically and is not known in studies to do so, though I have been in forums online where there have been thousands of reports of this. Thus I have spoken to and keep an open dialog with my doctors about what I am currently doing to lose weight. I started my journey prior to the medication with little success and have stalled in actual weight loss despite many inches lost. My doctor told me that she did not have enough information on this product specifically but that she trusted me to do the research, as a student and a concerned patient that is what I do. I found conclusive evidence that there would be no counteractive issues so I took them. Hence here I am looking for other people who have used the product to see what happens when they stop[/] taking them, rather than looking for advice on my progress.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

If you mean me it wasn't before *any* diet/exercise, it was just before MFP. I was counting calories, I just wasn't super accurate about it because I didn't have the database or understand about BMR/TDEE and the importance of weighing my food.

In your first post if you go back and read it, you didn't specify for people who had used it. You just asked for feedback, positive or negative, about the product:
    Does anyone have anything to say about this product? Negative or positive? I have purchased the gentle cleanse and fat burners and am seeing rapid results, my concern is what happens when they're gone.

Honestly it wouldn't have mattered though. You would have gotten feedback either way. Most of us here do not believe in diet pills because we've tried them before.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

Well if that's the weight loss you're after, fine. I'm sure you will look completely different once you've lost all that unsightly water.

It's a cleansing program, that didn't seem to make sense to anyone, I was hoping laxative was layman enough. :happy:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's a cleansing program, that didn't seem to make sense to anyone, I was hoping laxative was layman enough. :happy:

At least you and I have found some common ground on this topic.

:flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    Options

*facepalm*

Here's a thought: how about you look at the people who used to look like you do now, and now look lean and awesome. Then ask them how they did it.

None of them will tell you that a magic green tea pill was an important part of their transformation.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

you know, if you had given all of the necessary information in the first post, you would've gotten some different answers. i mean, not really different though. most people (myself included) don't believe in diet pills, cleanses, and meal replacement shakes/diet plans.

and eating 1200-1600 calories a day is a pretty broad range. try and get a better handle on your eating.

What exactly is meant by "a better handle on your eating?" This is a method called calorie cycling that I have done a decent amount of research on. Again, I am looking for people who have used this product as it is a supplement used alongside diet and exercise.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

Alright well as a soon to be scientist myself, I'm sure I can understand. How is the cleansing program different from a laxative, chemically?
  • Z3NN4
    Options

*facepalm*

Here's a thought: how about you look at the people who used to look like you do now, and now look lean and awesome. Then ask them how they did it.

None of them will tell you that a magic green tea pill was an important part of their transformation.

Being in shape doesn't make you intelligent! Are you going to tell me that a colonic is in no way helpful? It makes your digestive system and organs work better.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything there is out there at some point. Some of them are now banned in the US, even. The ONLY thing that has worked for me, consistently and without fail, is watching what I eat and exercising. With every other product, I've gained everything back plus some. Hence why I came back on here weighing 288.6 pounds, my highest weight EVER. I wanted the quick fix and this is where it got me.

Your calories concern me, being that if you're that active you may be stuck because you're not eating enough. I looked at your profile and saw your weight and I'm thinking that's more likely than not the case. Herbal laxatives are just that - laxatives. They are by far not a healthy way to lose weight.

Your meds are definitely not going to help you in this situation, which you know. And if you're losing inches, you're definitely doing something right (and lifting and other strength training things can cause you to hold water while the muscles repair, and over time can build more - but with that deficit building isn't likely). Definitely keep in a dialogue with your doctor about the meds, and good luck.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Skip the quick fix rubbish. Go for the long term success.