Experience with SlimQuick?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I was actual empirical evidence from people who have used it

Forgive me, but for someone who is apparently a fan of science, you are scientifically illiterate.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Empirical evidence is knowledge acquired by observation... observation includes interviewing by, oh, say forum?

Um..... no. That's not how it works.

Let's use our heads here. We're going to assume these SlimQuick people aren't advanced researchers doing any ground-breaking work and publishing in the NEJM or anything. So, if we give them the benefit of the doubt, they've assembled some ingredients into these pills that they have been convinced by genuine scientific research boost metabolism.

So, making that assumption - and that's a big assumption, mind you - then at least one of these ingredients must be the special one. It's sure not calcium, maltodextrin, or vitamin D. Is it the soy extract? Or the L-theanine? All of these ingredients are available separately from any number of sources.

So what made you pick this supplement? Did you read some research on one of these ingredients? Or on the supplement itself? What journal was this published in?

What, specifically, makes you think that this supplement has any hope of working? Which ingredient is it?
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know what it is, I see it every week in Walmart when I buy Protein bars and powders, the supplements are right beside it. And I've also had 4 kids and I do agree for the most part that it is different what works for everyone. But there IS one thing that does work for everyone: calories in, calories out. I know it SUCKS not seeing pounds coming off, but you just have to keep up your hard work and you will see it pay off, it just takes time. There's nothing you can do to boost that.

Calories in, calories out, cycling, IF, 90 minutes of exercising a day and I maintained weight for 3 months. Those inches meant nothing to me. Looking at that scale and seeing the same number every week was soul crushing. And I did a lot of research about not eating enough. I know this is not the case. They even tested me to see if I had an underactive thyroid. Nope. My doctor congratulated me on the loss that I've achieved here. She's perfectly aware of what I am doing. I just wanted to hear what other customers had to say. Thank you for not lecturing me and for being supportive. (=

I felt the same way very recently. I started 30 Day Shred Feb 1st. And I've only lost six pounds. I do Nike Kinect Training and 30 Day Shred every day, and do some Dance Central if I feel up to it, 5 times a week. Then I went shopping and I was able to be size 18 jeans, instead of size 24. And this is in just ONE month. So I went home and remeasured and had lost 16 inches. I no longer care what the scale says. It will eventually go down too. I've been lectured on how much I eat on this board, so I do try not to judge people by what they do. I am a 1500 calorie eater, but when I was doing my dental work I couldn't even get 800 calories in. People would lecture me on all the soft food I could try to eat, but they just didn't understand what it was like to try to learn to eat with new dentures. I literally couldn't even drink water.... lol so BTDT

lol! Tooth pain is the worst, too! I am sorry to hear that. I have a friend that just got dentures and she said the same thing. My medication makes it difficult to eat too much with the way I want to eat but with the calorie cycling I try to get all of my calories in for the week. At first I was happy with the inches but with the number being so high on the scale it is just one more thing right now among the chaos that isn't going my way. Thank you again. I really do appreciate the kind words. (=
  • Z3NN4
    Options

Forgive me, but for someone who is apparently a fan of science, you are scientifically illiterate.

Empirical evidence is knowledge acquired by observation... observation includes interviewing by, oh, say forum?

Um..... no. That's not how it works.

Let's use our heads here. We're going to assume these SlimQuick people aren't advanced researchers doing any ground-breaking work and publishing in the NEJM or anything. So, if we give them the benefit of the doubt, they've assembled some ingredients into these pills that they have been convinced by genuine scientific research boost metabolism.

So, making that assumption - and that's a big assumption, mind you - then at least one of these ingredients must be the special one. It's sure not calcium, maltodextrin, or vitamin D. Is it the soy extract? Or the L-theanine? All of these ingredients are available separately from any number of sources.

So what made you pick this supplement? Did you read some research on one of these ingredients? Or on the supplement itself? What journal was this published in?

What, specifically, makes you think that this supplement has any hope of working? Which ingredient is it?

I already did that research, I was looking for feedback from the consumer specifically. As you are not the consumer I would specifically appreciate no further feedback from you.:wink:
  • Z3NN4
    Options

True scientific observation requires a neutral observer. We don't have that.

For personal research meant for personal well-being, mine, specifically, I think I'll do just fine.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I already did that research, I was looking for feedback from the consumer specifically. As you are not the consumer I would specifically appreciate no further feedback from you.:wink:

You "did" research? I assume this means that you read the research of someone else?

Can you link me to said research please? I read a fair amount of scientific literature and would be very interested to find any research indicating that any of these ingredients produced results that were statistically significant with respect to weight loss.

Of course, you won't do that because you can't. You know that and I know that. Instead of admitting that, you are attempting to cut and run by refusing to speak to me anymore, because I'm asking you hard questions you have no answer for.

That's no surprise. People take their opinions very seriously and very personally. Instead of admitting they may be wrong about something, they will clam up, play ignorant, lash out, etc.
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    For personal research meant for personal well-being, mine, specifically, I think I'll do just fine.

Your choice of screen name was very poor.

It's not just that you're unfamiliar with the process or results of actual science, it's like you have an agenda that is actively anti-science. It's more like you actually hate science than love it.

You continue to ignore the fact that I am here trying to find people who used the product. Your insults are adorable. I am sorry that you do not approve of my screen name. Again, I am not here to prove anything. I was looking for answers, not endorsing a product. Please find someone else to troll sir.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Your choice of screen name was very poor.

It's not just that you're unfamiliar with the process or results of actual science, it's like you have an agenda that is actively anti-science. It's more like you actually hate science than love it.

You continue to ignore the fact that I am here trying to find people who used the product. Your insults are adorable. I am sorry that you do not approve of my screen name. Again, I am not here to prove anything. I was looking for answers, not endorsing a product. Please find someone else to troll sir.

What makes you think it has any hope of working? What about this product makes you think it could possibly have any effect at all?
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Well I'm done here. This is unsalvageable, I'm sure eventually somebody will come along and tell you what you want to hear. Adieu
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i would like to unsubscribe from this newsletter
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

oh man, that is one thing these forums need, an unsubscribe button.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Magic potions don't equal long term results. Eat right - exercise, skip the scams.

Brava!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

oh man, that is one thing these forums need, an unsubscribe button.

Yes!

But do they ever respond to suggestions?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Won't you guys stop? ScienceMama is obviously not looking for scientific proof of anything. She just wants people who have used this cleanse/miracle pill/whatever to tell her she won't gain the weight back. Now go be unsupportive somewhere else.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You continue to ignore the fact that I am here trying to find people who used the product.....I was looking for answers, not endorsing a product.
    And you got a specific answer from somebody who has tried it:
    <-- female, 28, fibromyalgia, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, on medication, has taken the supplement. Did not work. Calorie deficit and exercise works.

I'm sorry you feel the information is unhelpful, but it's the truth.

Yet you completely ignored her post. Sounds to me more like you're looking specifically for people who have tried it and will tell you what you want to hear.

Cleanses are quackery and scams. They wow you with a lot of pseudoscientific chit-chat, but they're just another diet scam that doesn't deliver results.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Experience with SQ: My sister-in-law likes to do it the easy way, which is why she's never gone anywhere but up with her weight. She used this SlimQuick stuff a little while back (what hasn't she tried?). She eventually lost interest after losing a few pounds. It all came back. She's back to being bigger than ever. Sorry.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I really don't think she wants to be saved. My grandma did always say "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" I hope she will realize that this isn't the best choice, get on a good multi-vitamin and just have patience and do it the old fashioned way. It's slow, but effective at least.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    OP, I am going to tell you what you want to hear.

SlimQuick definitely works, 100%. There are no side effects and the money spent on them is well worth it. I took them and started losing 4lbs a week. Even now I've stopped I'm losing 2-3lbs a week. Getting on the scales 4 times a day fills me with joy. Maybe up your exercise to two hours a day and stay at the lower end of your cal range to really feel the benefits.

You don't have to worry about the dizziness, it'll pass.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    You don't have to worry about the dizziness, it'll pass.

:laugh:
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Here's an answer for you.

I bought the stuff about a month ago. It didn't seem to make much of a difference overall, since I was already steadily losing weight from diet and exercise. I mainly took it on days I remembered to take it, so it wasn't every day.

One thing I will tell you. I'm insensitive to most energy boosters. I could drink 4 cups of coffee and still fall asleep. However the last few times I took SlimQuick, I was jittery as all hell. I had to stop in the middle of workouts to avoid passing out.

My neighbor tried it as well. She ended up giving me the rest of hers, because it made her too jittery also, however she is far more sensitive than I am, as coffee makes her jittery.

It now sits in my cabinet collecting dust. I'm still losing weight anyway. I reached a stall, but upping my calorie intake and changing my workout routine has helped push me forward. I seriously doubt not taking the SlimQuick anymore was the cause for the stall. It's been pretty well documented that once you drop below 30% body fat, your weight loss slows down and you have to switch gears.

Hopefully this helps you answer your question. If you think it's working for you, then great. But I seriously believe it's a matter of time before it's one of those products that ends up being banned. Anything that can make me that jittery cannot be healthy in any manner.