Experience with SlimQuick?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Being in shape doesn't make you intelligent! Are you going to tell me that a colonic is in no way helpful? It makes your digestive system and organs work better.

No, being in shape does not make you intelligent. But it does mean that you're doing something that works.

When you find a person who was fat and now has your ideal, goal body and says "yes, SlimQuick green tea pills were a critical part of my transformation" you let us know.

However, in the meantime, you have an entire forum full of people who went from larda** to bada** telling you that the pills are useless.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Being in shape doesn't make you intelligent! Are you going to tell me that a colonic is in no way helpful? It makes your digestive system and organs work better.

I'd love to see some cites to that research.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I didn't give an in detail description of what I've been doing. I've done the research I know what I should be doing and I know that it's not going as well as I'd like. Notice I asked for people with experience, which obviously none of you are.. isn't there something in the guidelines about harassing people? I've been on here for almost a year now exercising almost every day. Yes I get enough protein, yes I eat enough no I don't eat too much. I'm not on trial, I'm looking for people that took used the product not people who think they know everything that want to run their mouth online.

well...it seems that you are a know it all and have figured out that your diet and exercise routine are working marvelously right...so explain to me why you're asking advice and drink "quick fix" shakes...yeah seems like you got your $h!t all figured out..

I asked for people who had used the product. I don't think most of you even know what this is. The fat burners by SQ are both designed to be used with diet and exercise and the cleanse is an herbal laxative. I was specifically looking for people who had used it. I've seen one person who had used it before doing any kind of diet/exercise regimen and one person made mention of someone that they knew. Thus I am confused by why there are so many comments about what I am doing. I asked no advice about that. PERIOD.

Wait.. So the product you had success with was a laxative?

Well if that's the weight loss you're after, fine. I'm sure you will look completely different once you've lost all that unsightly water.

It's a cleansing program, that didn't seem to make sense to anyone, I was hoping laxative was layman enough. :happy:

*facepalm*

Here's a thought: how about you look at the people who used to look like you do now, and now look lean and awesome. Then ask them how they did it.

None of them will tell you that a magic green tea pill was an important part of their transformation.

Yes.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/colon-cleanses-a-load-of-you-know-what/

Also, I am trying to tell you that I did use the "fat burners" along with diet and exercise and got 0 results. You seem to be ignoring that.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have tried different kinds of diet pills years ago before I knew anything about health and fitness, nothing worked. And EVERY diet pill says it works better with a healthy diet and exercise. Which we all know a healthy diet and exercise is how you lose weight in the first place. Anyways no, I havne't tried that one way back when I use to try different pills because I didn't know better. I had heard very bad things about it and knew someone that ended up in the ER after taking it.

Just out of curiosity, if you know you are losing inches, why so worried about the pounds? I have lost 5 pounds in February, which isn't a lot, but I've also lost 16 inches in Feb. And I'm okay with that, because people can see inches, but they can't see the number on the scale.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.

you know, if you had given all of the necessary information in the first post, you would've gotten some different answers. i mean, not really different though. most people (myself included) don't believe in diet pills, cleanses, and meal replacement shakes/diet plans.

and eating 1200-1600 calories a day is a pretty broad range. try and get a better handle on your eating.

What exactly is meant by "a better handle on your eating?" This is a method called calorie cycling that I have done a decent amount of research on. Again, I am looking for people who have used this product as it is a supplement used alongside diet and exercise.

consitency is key. i don't know what kind of intermittent fasting you are doing, or what kind of calorie cycling you are doing either. without more information, we can only offer broad suggestions, which apparently only seem to make you upset.

and most people IF wrong, and calorie cycle wrong. they use it as an excuse to binge eat, and then restrict calories very low for a couple of days. not a healthy way to do things in my opinion.

*no, i am not a scientist or doctor.
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I didn't give an in detail description of what I've been doing. I've done the research I know what I should be doing and I know that it's not going as well as I'd like. Notice I asked for people with experience, which obviously none of you are.. isn't there something in the guidelines about harassing people? I've been on here for almost a year now exercising almost every day. Yes I get enough protein, yes I eat enough no I don't eat too much. I'm not on trial, I'm looking for people that took used the product not people who think they know everything that want to run their mouth online.

well...it seems that you are a know it all and have figured out that your diet and exercise routine are working marvelously right...so explain to me why you're asking advice and drink "quick fix" shakes...yeah seems like you got your $h!t all figured out..

I asked for people who had used the product. I don't think most of you even know what this is. The fat burners by SQ are both designed to be used with diet and exercise and the cleanse is an herbal laxative. I was specifically looking for people who had used it. I've seen one person who had used it before doing any kind of diet/exercise regimen and one person made mention of someone that they knew. Thus I am confused by why there are so many comments about what I am doing. I asked no advice about that. PERIOD.

Well if that's the weight loss you're after, fine. I'm sure you will look completely different once you've lost all that unsightly water.

It's a cleansing program, that didn't seem to make sense to anyone, I was hoping laxative was layman enough. :happy:

Alright well as a soon to be scientist myself, I'm sure I can understand. How is the cleansing program different from a laxative, chemically?

First of all the SQ system is designed to counteract the reproductive enzymes that cause women to gain weight. There are herbal stimulants in the colonic that prevent weight and water retention as well as flushing your system and there is no need for a liquid diet or anything. There's actually quite a significant amount of ways that this system differs from others due to the fact that it is specifically for women. Back to my original point, still very little from people who have actually used it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    First of all the SQ system is designed to counteract the reproductive enzymes that cause women to gain weight. There are herbal stimulants in the colonic that prevent weight and water retention as well as flushing your system and there is no need for a liquid diet or anything. There's actually quite a significant amount of ways that this system differs from others due to the fact that it is specifically for women. Back to my original point, still very little from people who have actually used it.

For someone who claims to be so into "science" I see an awful lot of stuff that sounds like the nonsense supplement and "fat burner" companies use in their marketing material... and not a single link to a peer-reviewed research article, meta-analysis, or issue summary.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You keep saying that you asked for people who have used the product, but your original post (quoted below) doesn't state that.
    Does anyone have anything to say about this product? Negative or positive? I have purchased the gentle cleanse and fat burners and am seeing rapid results, my concern is what happens when they're gone.

You asked if anyone had anything to say about the product and shared your concerns about what happens when you stop taking it. People are sharing what they think, which you asked them to. I think you're going to find that most people on a fitness website are not advocates of pills, potions or much besides eating right and working hard - that's certainly the case with me.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Are you going to tell me that a colonic is in no way helpful?

Ooh, ooh, let me do it:

A colonic is in no way helpful.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

Alright well as a soon to be scientist myself, I'm sure I can understand. How is the cleansing program different from a laxative, chemically?

Prevent weight and water retention.

So it causes you to lose excessive amounts of water (im assuming rectally) (thats out your bum... for all you 'laymen')thus decreasing scale weight while not yielding any fat loss, and at the same time increasing the possibility of dehydration and loss of electrolytes.

Kind of sounds like a laxative.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

No, being in shape does not make you intelligent. But it does mean that you're doing something that works.

When you find a person who was fat and now has your ideal, goal body and says "yes, SlimQuick green tea pills were a critical part of my transformation" you let us know.

However, in the meantime, you have an entire forum full of people who went from larda** to bada** telling you that the pills are useless.

And I also have a whole forum full of people who have no idea what this dietary supplement is and have decided to just bombard my forum with completely unhelpful information simply because they seem to have a superiority complex. I am female, 25, on medication and have had 2 children, what works for you is not going to work for me because our internal processes operate differently.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you are doing IF you need to eat more calories than someone who eats smaller meals more often. Look into it at least, I did the research on IF for a month before deciding it wasn't going to help me any (body fat % not low enough etc).

On topic - I admit I do not know what SlimQuick is and back up the evil of cleanses, diet pills, meal replacement etc.

/sips coffee
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    You keep saying that you asked for people who have used the product, but your original post (quoted below) doesn't state that.
    Does anyone have anything to say about this product? Negative or positive? I have purchased the gentle cleanse and fat burners and am seeing rapid results, my concern is what happens when they're gone.

You asked if anyone had anything to say about the product and shared your concerns about what happens when you stop taking it. People are sharing what they think, which you asked them to. I think you're going to find that most people on a fitness website are not advocates of pills, potions or much besides eating right and working hard - that's certainly the case with me.

This post is called "Experience with SlimQuick......" I just figured that that was clear enough. I also figured that I would be dealing with people who at least knew what I was talking about.
  • jonnythan
    Options

And I also have a whole forum full of people who have no idea what this dietary supplement is and have decided to just bombard my forum with completely unhelpful information simply because they seem to have a superiority complex. I am female, 25, on medication and have had 2 children, what works for you is not going to work for me because our internal processes operate differently.

We all know what it is, because they publish the ingredients on their website. It has a few vitamins, some caffeine, some green tea extract, and a couple mg of some other plant extracts. That's about it.

You're "Science" mama. So which of these plant extracts is the magic one that boosts metabolism? Show us the study that convinced you. Or maybe it's the 75mg of calcium.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Also, could you clarify which reproductive enzymes this product targets and how?
  • Z3NN4
    Options

If you mean me it wasn't before *any* diet/exercise, it was just before MFP. I was counting calories, I just wasn't super accurate about it because I didn't have the database or understand about BMR/TDEE and the importance of weighing my food.

In your first post if you go back and read it, you didn't specify for people who had used it. You just asked for feedback, positive or negative, about the product:

Honestly it wouldn't have mattered though. You would have gotten feedback either way. Most of us here do not believe in diet pills because we've tried them before.

The post is called "Experience with SlimQuick..."
  • Z3NN4
    Options

We all know what it is, because they publish the ingredients on their website. It has a few vitamins, some caffeine, some green tea extract, and a couple mg of some other plant extracts. That's about it.

You're "Science" mama. So which of these plant extracts is the magic one that boosts metabolism? Show us the study that convinced you. Or maybe it's the 75mg of calcium.

Actually, I didn't post here to sell the product! I posted here to find out if anyone else had used it! Liked it! Hated it! So no. I'm done. Have a good one. Enjoy your superior evening, feller.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

<-- female, 28, fibromyalgia, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, on medication, has taken the supplement. Did not work. Calorie deficit and exercise works.

I'm sorry you feel the information is unhelpful, but it's the truth.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely, 100%, no TRUE scientific research about SQ success available. Anyone can say it has success but without true studies released to the public people can say what they want. It's herbs, vitamins, and caffeine...which is what most of them are. Eat right, exercise, take a multivitamin and a shot of espresso.

I truly want you to reach your goals in a healthy and positive way. There are also no true studies regarding the benefits of colon cleansing, just a lot of theories and thoughts. WebMD states, specifically "no quality research has been done to tell whether or not a colon cleansing is helpful." Yes, it will make you poop. But so does fiber and a healthy diet. :)

<-- finds it funny that someone trying to be positive is ignored by the OP entirely.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Does the medication you're on also affect your mood? I ask in all seriousness, because I'm noticing a lot of irrational defensiveness to some straight forward answers. I only ask because I've experienced similar irritability with medication I used to be on. I hope everything gets sorted out for you, and good luck on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou: