Experience with SlimQuick?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Ok let me add to what I previously said by saying that I eat between 12-1600 calories a day, intermittently fast and exercise and my nutrition is great (think paleo dieting with very few indulgences). This is an added boost because that wasn't really doing much. I am looking for those kinds of people that used it as an additional supplement, not as an answer to their problems. Perhaps I should have specified.
    Fantastic! You are able to stay on a regimen, so probably if you already have good habits, then your weight loss will be yours to keep, ie, you won't be rebounding to former bad habits.
    I always struggled with staying on a single regimen, so I never could use those enhancements.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know what it is, I see it every week in Walmart when I buy Protein bars and powders, the supplements are right beside it. And I've also had 4 kids and I do agree for the most part that it is different what works for everyone. But there IS one thing that does work for everyone: calories in, calories out. I know it SUCKS not seeing pounds coming off, but you just have to keep up your hard work and you will see it pay off, it just takes time. There's nothing you can do to boost that.
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.

you know, if you had given all of the necessary information in the first post, you would've gotten some different answers. i mean, not really different though. most people (myself included) don't believe in diet pills, cleanses, and meal replacement shakes/diet plans.

and eating 1200-1600 calories a day is a pretty broad range. try and get a better handle on your eating.

What exactly is meant by "a better handle on your eating?" This is a method called calorie cycling that I have done a decent amount of research on. Again, I am looking for people who have used this product as it is a supplement used alongside diet and exercise.

consitency is key. i don't know what kind of intermittent fasting you are doing, or what kind of calorie cycling you are doing either. without more information, we can only offer broad suggestions, which apparently only seem to make you upset.

and most people IF wrong, and calorie cycle wrong. they use it as an excuse to binge eat, and then restrict calories very low for a couple of days. not a healthy way to do things in my opinion.

*no, i am not a scientist or doctor.

I'm not upset, I'm just not interested in critiques of my efforts. I had a specific purpose in posting. All I have achieved is a waste of time and major procrastination in regards to my school work for this evening. Actually, it seems that this is always the case in the forums on this site because the people who respond most vehemently seem to have something to prove. I see it happen to other people all the time, not sure why I thought this would be any different. lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.

you know, if you had given all of the necessary information in the first post, you would've gotten some different answers. i mean, not really different though. most people (myself included) don't believe in diet pills, cleanses, and meal replacement shakes/diet plans.

and eating 1200-1600 calories a day is a pretty broad range. try and get a better handle on your eating.

What exactly is meant by "a better handle on your eating?" This is a method called calorie cycling that I have done a decent amount of research on. Again, I am looking for people who have used this product as it is a supplement used alongside diet and exercise.

consitency is key. i don't know what kind of intermittent fasting you are doing, or what kind of calorie cycling you are doing either. without more information, we can only offer broad suggestions, which apparently only seem to make you upset.

and most people IF wrong, and calorie cycle wrong. they use it as an excuse to binge eat, and then restrict calories very low for a couple of days. not a healthy way to do things in my opinion.

I'm not upset, I'm just not interested in critiques of my efforts. I had a specific purpose in posting. All I have achieved is a waste of time and major procrastination in regards to my school work for this evening. Actually, it seems that this is always the case in the forums on this site because the people who respond most vehemently seem to have something to prove. I see it happen to other people all the time, not sure why I thought this would be any different. lol

you seem to be the only one here with something to prove.

you seem to think that because of your sex, your medication, and that you've had kids, that that makes you special and different. you think that certain things will benefit you. most of us here have told you that they will not, but you refuse to listen. with every piece of advice, you seem to counter with a new piece of info about yourself.

avoid the pills, potions, cleanses, and all the other stuff. my advice is that if you see it on tv, it's most likely a gimmick.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Actually, the people who respond most vehemently are often the ones who have already proved something....

What have you proved?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You initially stated that you were concerned about what will happen once its gone.....

You are highly likely to gain the weight back, sad but true.
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    There is absolutely, 100%, no TRUE scientific research about SQ success available. Anyone can say it has success but without true studies released to the public people can say what they want. It's herbs, vitamins, and caffeine...which is what most of them are. Eat right, exercise, take a multivitamin and a shot of espresso.

I truly want you to reach your goals in a healthy and positive way. There are also no true studies regarding the benefits of colon cleansing, just a lot of theories and thoughts. WebMD states, specifically "no quality research has been done to tell whether or not a colon cleansing is helpful." Yes, it will make you poop. But so does fiber and a healthy diet. :)

<-- finds it funny that someone trying to be positive is ignored by the OP entirely.

I am sorry, I meant to respond to you sooner but realized that I was doing a ridiculous amount of explaining in a post that I was looking for answers in. I appreciate your input and your positiveness, thank you. I also tried tons of diet pills really young, actually. Diet and exercise got me from 320 lbs to where I am now and I am just in kind of a bad place right now and trying really hard at this and I don't want to give up and have to start over which happens when results stop.

Thank you again.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

you seem to be the only one here with something to prove.

you seem to think that because of your sex, your medication, and that you've had kids, that that makes you special and different. you think that certain things will benefit you. most of us here have told you that they will not, but you refuse to listen. with every piece of advice, you seem to counter with a new piece of info about yourself.

avoid the pills, potions, cleanses, and all the other stuff. my advice is that if you see it on tv, it's most likely a gimmick.

don't think i'm special or different, just know that those things make it more difficult to lose weight.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

Actually, the people who respond most vehemently are often the ones who have already proved something....

What have you proved?

I have nothing to prove, I want to know if anyone who used the SQ system gained weight back or had any adverse effects after the facts. I was actual empirical evidence from people who have used it rather than advocates paid by the company. I figured a place like this would have them.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Being in shape doesn't make you intelligent! Are you going to tell me that a colonic is in no way helpful? It makes your digestive system and organs work better.

I'd love to see some cites to that research.

I'd be interested in this as well.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    So you're willing to accept the opinions of people who have tried it as sound advice, regardless of any other contributing factors that those people may have been unaware of, and all other opinions are null and void?
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    I know what it is, I see it every week in Walmart when I buy Protein bars and powders, the supplements are right beside it. And I've also had 4 kids and I do agree for the most part that it is different what works for everyone. But there IS one thing that does work for everyone: calories in, calories out. I know it SUCKS not seeing pounds coming off, but you just have to keep up your hard work and you will see it pay off, it just takes time. There's nothing you can do to boost that.

Calories in, calories out, cycling, IF, 90 minutes of exercising a day and I maintained weight for 3 months. Those inches meant nothing to me. Looking at that scale and seeing the same number every week was soul crushing. And I did a lot of research about not eating enough. I know this is not the case. They even tested me to see if I had an underactive thyroid. Nope. My doctor congratulated me on the loss that I've achieved here. She's perfectly aware of what I am doing. I just wanted to hear what other customers had to say. Thank you for not lecturing me and for being supportive. (=
  • Mutant13
    Options

Calories in, calories out, cycling, IF, 90 minutes of exercising a day and I maintained weight for 3 months. Those inches meant nothing to me. Looking at that scale and seeing the same number every week was soul crushing. And I did a lot of research about not eating enough. I know this is not the case. They even tested me to see if I had an underactive thyroid. Nope. My doctor congratulated me on the loss that I've achieved here. She's perfectly aware of what I am doing. I just wanted to hear what other customers had to say. Thank you for not lecturing me and for being supportive. (=

So you don't actually care about what your body actually looks like? Just the number on the scale?
  • chellebublz
    Options

I am sorry, I meant to respond to you sooner but realized that I was doing a ridiculous amount of explaining in a post that I was looking for answers in. I appreciate your input and your positiveness, thank you. I also tried tons of diet pills really young, actually. Diet and exercise got me from 320 lbs to where I am now and I am just in kind of a bad place right now and trying really hard at this and I don't want to give up and have to start over which happens when results stop.

Thank you again.

What you do when this happens, is you keep up what you are doing. You keep working hard at it, even though that scale ain't budging. ALOT of ppl give up and get in that cycle. It's not unusual to not see a pound gone for a weeks or months at a time, then all of a sudden lose alot of pounds at once. I"m not trying to harp on you at all. I just know this from experience. SOOO many times I've started and lost a few and stopped when I plateau'ed, then started again when I gained too much back. Just make that consious decision to NOT GIVE UP!!!!!! You can do it.
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    So you're willing to accept the opinions of people who have tried it as sound advice, regardless of any other contributing factors that those people may have been unaware of, and all other opinions are null and void?

I have heard all of this and it isn't what I am asking for, that is my only point.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    The name is an oxymoron
  • Z3NN4
    Options

So you don't actually care about what your body actually looks like? Just the number on the scale?

It's both but the number is incredibly daunting, especially when it doesn't change and is so high.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

Thank you again.

What you do when this happens, is you keep up what you are doing. You keep working hard at it, even though that scale ain't budging. ALOT of ppl give up and get in that cycle. It's not unusual to not see a pound gone for a weeks or months at a time, then all of a sudden lose alot of pounds at once. I"m not trying to harp on you at all. I just know this from experience. SOOO many times I've started and lost a few and stopped when I plateau'ed, then started again when I gained too much back. Just make that consious decision to NOT GIVE UP!!!!!! You can do it.

Thank you. (=
  • chellebublz
    Options

I felt the same way very recently. I started 30 Day Shred Feb 1st. And I've only lost six pounds. I do Nike Kinect Training and 30 Day Shred every day, and do some Dance Central if I feel up to it, 5 times a week. Then I went shopping and I was able to be size 18 jeans, instead of size 24. And this is in just ONE month. So I went home and remeasured and had lost 16 inches. I no longer care what the scale says. It will eventually go down too. I've been lectured on how much I eat on this board, so I do try not to judge people by what they do. I am a 1500 calorie eater, but when I was doing my dental work I couldn't even get 800 calories in. People would lecture me on all the soft food I could try to eat, but they just didn't understand what it was like to try to learn to eat with new dentures. I literally couldn't even drink water.... lol so BTDT
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I was actual empirical evidence from people who have used it

Forgive me, but for someone who is apparently a fan of science, you are scientifically illiterate.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Empirical evidence is knowledge acquired by observation... observation includes interviewing by, oh, say forum?

True scientific observation requires a neutral observer. We don't have that.