Real women drink beer.

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Otherwise it literally is no different than having a slab of cake.

Except the part where beer is better than cake. ;)
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So, my weakness is not chocolate, cake or sweets. Microbrews are my weakness, as they should be coming from the PNW. I am wondering how all of you other beer drinkers manage this? I tried and have failed to give up beer entirely but I am still really needing to shed about 25- 30 lbs. Sure, I could drink light crappy beer but let's face it, I've been spoiled with heavy delicious, high calorie dark beers. How do you make up for this in your diet and exercise routine?

I drink beer while working out.
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good stout guinness and just make sure to have a longer workout on those days. I enjoy my beer too much to give it up completely.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I cut back to one or two beers when I'm out with friends, which only happens once a week. No more keeping it at home. If I know I'm going out, I'll just eat fewer calories throughout the day and get in a decent workout. A friend of mine combats his love of good beer by riding his bike to the bar or brewery.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    no they don't, it is not ladylike.

This is bullsh*t.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Beer are my liquids the choice.

^^^^THIS!!! :drinker:

What others have said, do a little planning in advance. If it doesn't get done before, then make up for it after. Life is too short to not have some of the things we love!
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The day you choose to drink, log it in first thing in the morning, so you can plan your eating calories around it to keep under range. Also, have longer work-outs if needed!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Did I hear someone say "beer?"

I'm a beer drinker too...I prefer micro/craft beers too and have been able to satisfy myself with, get this...

Bud Light Platinum! Yes, it's true. A light beer that actually tastes like beer and not piss water. It's 6% alcohol content allows me to drink a bit less of it than regular beers and it's less calories so win/win! To top it all off, I love the pretty cobalt blue bottles!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a Wisconsin girl, so naturally I love beer! And wine! and on occasion some Margaritas, but I try to keep it to the weekend, and if possible once a week. Every week is different though, sometimes if I want to meet up with friends on a Tuesday, I will and then I'll just make sure I'm careful on the weekends.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Beer are my liquids the choice.

^^ THIS!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a "Drink" section in my food :D I basically workout to drink :P
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I disagree. It all depends on the lady drinking them. I go out all dolled up, dress, high heels, nice make up and hair and love to drink beer straight from the bottle. Men seem to love it too. Doesnt make me less of a lady inside or out.

Please don't get offended but i completely disagree. doing that would make any lady look less lady-ish, i am sure you are one though

I don't drink from the bottle, mainly coz I don't drink bottled beer when I go out just from the pump unless it's Leffe which is rare on the pump in the UK.

I like American beers - Brooklyn etc not really a bud person.

Who cares about being lady like, I don't. I don't get dressed up with make-up on or anything.

some of us care
    i don't drink but caring for whether people find you lady like or not seem retrogressive and archaic.in my book being a nice polite human being is what matters for both sexes.i feel that is what makes one a Lady or a Gentleman, not some phoney snootiness..(goes off looking for tin hat and armour)
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Whiskey's too rough
    Champagne costs too much
    And vodka puts my mouth in gear
    This little refrain
    Will help me explain
    As a matter of fact
    I like beer

(I can't remember much more of the song, except for the "I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow" part.)
  • leantool
    Options
    Real women have vaginas....
    no dear , it's all in the mind... really.
  • leantool
    Options
    really i thought butch manly women drunk beer.....
    real women stick to water deary....
    do you want to mean that drinking makes a woman less of one?and butch- manly ness? would you explain those attributes please? i mean how do you decide a woman is manly?
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I told my husband I was cutting down on beer (actually cutting it out for awhile) and he suggested light beer. I laughed and told him I rather drink dirty water. I, too, like microbrews. I haven't had a beer in a couple weeks, but I think after a month, I will treat myself to one or two if I'm still steadily losing weight. The key, I think, is to limit it to once a week and then only have a couple. I believe that's how it will work out for me. So, what's your fave beer?
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka.
    makes life easier.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I hope you're kidding!

I love BIG, hoppy beers. 90min is my absolute favorite, or a good Imperial Red. Makes me want to go grab one right now.
  • CaptSnap
    CaptSnap Posts: 1
    Options
    Exercise more, drink beer on those days.

No exercise? Don't drink that day.

Works for me.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about bud ice?