Whoa, just whoa...

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    If your going to post a topic in an public forum, your going to get trolls. It is unavoidable and by posting this thread, to me, your trolling which is pretty ironic. Your causing unnecessary drama...

Its simple, if you cant deal with it, don't post anything. The beauty of forums like this is to let everyone have an opinion, even if its an ugly one.

I'm not trolling, I don't do that. I just felt like someone had to stand up because the bullying got so bad. Don't people know how much words can hurt?

See the thing is, your probably the the gazillionth person to post a topic like this. Your just painting a target on your back because it is almost impossible to change the dynamic of public forums. Most trolls are technically following the rules so yeah...its considered free speech and their opinions. I agree with you that people should be nicer but that's just not the way the world works especially when they are hiding behind a computer screen. So, you have 3 choices: 1-accept it and ignore them, 2- keep writing and arguing until your blue in the face while letting them have control over your emotions or 3- stop posting stuff or reading the forums.
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Someone's got their panties in a bunch!

Trolls are everywhere, friend. Just ignore and move on.

#coloncleanseftw

I try to ignore them, but it's like EVERY TIME I try to make a serious contribution to this site they all pile on with their stupid pictures and made up cleanses. I thought this site was supposed to be supportive? Aren't we all here for the same reason??

You mean you're on here to fight the voices in your head too?! It is so good to connect!

#coloncleanseftw

I try to ignore them, but it's like EVERY TIME I try to make a serious contribution to this site they all pile on with their stupid pictures and made up cleanses. I thought this site was supposed to be supportive? Aren't we all here for the same reason??

You mean you're on here to fight the voices in your head too?! It is so good to connect!

LOL! No! I'm just here to tone and stuff mostly.

On a side note, stop taking everything as a personal attack. Everyone is going to have an opinion and some people post things simply to get a rise out of others. If you don't like something move on. If you can't handle reading the forums, then don't. It's like you are looking to play victim.

Like, I'm not even reading those definitions because I'm still pretty sure it's cliche.

But, if it's on MY thread how is it not a personal attack? I spend hours on here a day trying to motivate my friends but whenever I have a question or concern or just want to rant - it's like no one takes me seriously? I just get pissed because I'm so serious about losing weight and toning my body but everyone just wants to make jokes....I don't get it.

On a side note, stop taking everything as a personal attack. Everyone is going to have an opinion and some people post things simply to get a rise out of others. If you don't like something move on. If you can't handle reading the forums, then don't. It's like you are looking to play victim.

Like, I'm not even reading those definitions because I'm still pretty sure it's cliche.

But, if it's on MY thread how is it not a personal attack? I spend hours on here a day trying to motivate my friends but whenever I have a question or concern or just want to rant - it's like no one takes me seriously? I just get pissed because I'm so serious about losing weight and toning my body but everyone just wants to make jokes....I don't get it.

I took you seriously until you used the word "cliche" wrong, and still insist that you are using it correctly. It's CLIQUE.

You don't have to be mean though, I just like the word cliche better and it works for me. Agree to disagree?

Generally, you disagree on opinions, not definitions of words. You can't just change the meaning of a word because you like it better.

But if it suits my lifestyle better I don't understand why I can't just say cliche. Clique doesn't even look like a real word to me - is that Spanish or French?

Trollololol. If you aren't a troll maybe you should spend less time on MFP forums worrying about how people portray their opinion and more time "toning"
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    LOL whatever guys... I have to go to the gym now so hopefully this thread is gone when I get back,

Thanks for proving my point though. I point out the bullying - and then get attacked for 3 pages. Sometimes I feel like this entire site is one big mean people cliche.

Clique*
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Right!!! That is not normal and a doctor should be involved.. IMO
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    After my second week on this cleanse I lost my sight in my left eye so it's kind of hard to type....but I figure it's just my eye filling with toxins and it will clear out soon.

w....t.....f?

Right!!! That is not normal and a doctor should be involved.. IMO
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Just break up...
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    After my second week on this cleanse I lost my sight in my left eye so it's kind of hard to type....but I figure it's just my eye filling with toxins and it will clear out soon.

w....t.....f?

Don't worry!! My cleansing coach warned me this could happen. See, the toxins really like living in our bodies so when you try to flush them out they're going to resist and try to bully your body into letting them stay. In a way - it's like the toxins have their own mean people cliche! LOL!!!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Opinions are like A-holes........don't let it get to you.

Normally I would report this for the almost swear, but you're kinda sticking up for me so thanks!

Omg...so you'd report that??? You need to stop reading the forums. Your way too sensitive...
    Not to mention the only reason why your not reporting it is because it benefits you? That comment just showed your true character. I'm not saying that comment has ANY reason to be reported but the fact that you said the ONLY reason why you didn't was because they agreed with you shows that you would compromise what is right if it benefited you. Screw your morals if you get a leg up from it...wow.
    -shakes her head-:huh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Cliche? Da *kitten*?

Yeah, like there's cliches of people on this site who bully us. They think just because they've lost large amounts of weight that they know how to lose weight. It's like - let me find my own way. I'm not you!!!!

It's clique, not cliche. And in reference to your opening post , it's more, not moar.

LOL, no it's definitely cliches. Thanks though. As for the moar thing - give me a break. After my second week on this cleanse I lost my sight in my left eye so it's kind of hard to type....but I figure it's just my eye filling with toxins and it will clear out soon.

It's clique, not cliche.

Definition of CLICHÉ
    : a trite phrase or expression; also : the idea expressed by it
    : a hackneyed theme, characterization, or situation
    : something (as a menu item) that has become overly familiar or commonplace

clique
    noun \ˈklēk, ˈklik\
    : a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially : one held together by common interests, views, or purposes

See . . . this is just the type of RUDE behaviour the OP is trying to avoid.

This isn't My Grammar Pal sweetheart.

Why can't you just be supportive of the OP and her weight loss?

GAWD!
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know what's going on :sad:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

#coloncleanseftw

This is very rude. I actually could not believe you were for real in original post, but then I read your replies.

In my personal opinion original post is rude and is not a "serious contribution". There are rude people everywhere, and it's time to learn - if you don't like it, move on, do not hit 'reply'. You can't win a battle with rude & mean internet people. Surround yourself with people who encourage you, and ditch everyone else. works every time. :smile:

I will be straight forward.... Maybe it is a clue for you, if it happens "EVERY TIME" then it is something in you, not other people that cause it. Never happens to me.

Reported for arrogance.
  • JoshuaL86

w....t.....f?

Don't worry!! My cleansing coach warned me this could happen. See, the toxins really like living in our bodies so when you try to flush them out they're going to resist and try to bully your body into letting them stay. In a way - it's like the toxins have their own mean people cliche! LOL!!!!

OP is definitely a troll, I'm out.
  • JoshuaL86

#coloncleanseftw

This is very rude. I actually could not believe you were for real in original post, but then I read your replies.

In my personal opinion original post is rude and is not a "serious contribution". There are rude people everywhere, and it's time to learn - if you don't like it, move on, do not hit 'reply'. You can't win a battle with rude & mean internet people. Surround yourself with people who encourage you, and ditch everyone else. works every time. :smile:

I will be straight forward.... Maybe it is a clue for you, if it happens "EVERY TIME" then it is something in you, not other people that cause it. Never happens to me.

Reported for arrogance.

Reported for reporting ;)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    :blushing: Having trouble telling who is replying seriously or not - We need a sarcam font and a cliche font for all the mean cliche people. That will help us tell who is ganging up on who :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420

I took you seriously until you used the word "cliche" wrong, and still insist that you are using it correctly. It's CLIQUE.

You don't have to be mean though, I just like the word cliche better and it works for me. Agree to disagree?

Everyone should spell words in the manner that works for them. I totally agree! :flowerforyou:
  • JoshuaL86

Everyone should spell words in the manner that works for them. I totally agree! :flowerforyou:

You must be from Mississippi, education is the worst in the country there.
  • WendyTerry420

You must be from Mississippi, education is the worst in the country there.

It's the only state spelled with "crooked letters." Thanks for the compliment! God bless your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Cliche? Da *kitten*?

Yeah, like there's cliches of people on this site who bully us. They think just because they've lost large amounts of weight that they know how to lose weight. It's like - let me find my own way. I'm not you!!!!

It's clique, not cliche. And in reference to your opening post , it's more, not moar.

LOL, no it's definitely cliches. Thanks though. As for the moar thing - give me a break. After my second week on this cleanse I lost my sight in my left eye so it's kind of hard to type....but I figure it's just my eye filling with toxins and it will clear out soon.

You realy shouldnt let him coreckt your spelling like that! Thats so mean!!!!!!!! Your just tryin to say what you feel. Its not rite that peple make you ashamd of yor spelling. Thats bullying.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member

I managed to hold it together until this post. Excellently done.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    I left this site for awhile to go to bed and when I came back this morning it seems like SO MANY MOAR rude people have joined. This guy posted a delicious lo-cal recipe to help us in our journeys and people were viciously attacking him - I think they were either saying the recipe sounded gross or they were insulting his mother and threatening his life....but it's all the same, right?

If you don't think ketchup on white bread sounds good, then just deactivate or something, you don't need to be rude. We're not all fancy like yous and maybe that would be a good treat for us. I think it sounds amazing and would be eating it right now if I wasn't in the middle of a 6 week power cleanse.

And for the record, I'm not even friends with that guy so it's not like we're in a cliche or anything. I just think it's RUDE!

Any and all replies to this post will be reported as bullying.

ngbbs502b456ec393b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.