Can I log this as water?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread...has caused me pain.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

So funny that we agree about a lot of things! I did applied math...which is basically physics with extra computer science.

Totally makes sense :smile: Great minds and whatnot :laugh:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Many people have asked if they can log something like tea or coffee as water. The answers always sparked debate. I have devised this quick and dirty guide to help. Answer these questions, and you will never have to ask this question again.

1. Would you use it to water a plant or your lawn?
    2. Would you put it in your dog's bowl or hamster's bottle?
    3. Would you use it to fill a fish tank?
    4. Does it fall from the sky when it's raining?
    5. Can find large bodies of it to surf, fish, or swim in it?
    6. Would you use it in a recipe instead of water?
    7. Would you rinse your car or dishes with it?
    8. Would you bathe, wash your face, or shampoo your hair in it?
    9. Would you use it to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth?
    10. Can you build a snowman out of it or ski on it when it is in a frozen, crystallized form?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions, the liquid is probably not water. Don't log it as water. If you have added something to the water like Crystal Light or Mio, go back and ask yourself these questions about the "water" in its current, altered state. Again, if you answer any of these questions as "no" then it's not water.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Many people have asked if they can log something like tea or coffee as water. The answers always sparked debate. I have devised this quick and dirty guide to help. Answer these questions, and you will never have to ask this question again.

10. Can you build a snowman out of it or ski on it when it is in a frozen, crystallized form?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions, the liquid is probably not water. Don't log it as water. If you have added something to the water like Crystal Light or Mio, go back and ask yourself these questions about the "water" in its current, altered state. Again, if you answer any of these questions as "no" then it's not water.
    So I guess sea water is okay to drink and log as water. Yes to those.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL!! I should have specified "fresh water" and opposed to "sea water". The next question is, "How many calories are in sea water?"

and, for the record, there are some bodies of fresh water that you can surf in. The great lakes come to mind. Tho surfing does normally happen in ocean water.

I love to surf.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Coastal cities and ocean-islands with a lack of fresh water have long-used desalinization plants to convert salty sea water into fresh water. In consideration of the goofy flawed logic of the "pure water only" people on this thread, I must ask:

How are we going to break it to all of those people who's water comes from a desalinization plant that they are not drinking water?

Never mind....I think I get it now....Maybe it isn't water if they are members of MFP.

When I was in the Navy, we drank brominated water, exclusively, while on deployment. We were primarily in the middle east area where temperatures approached 140F in most places. Brominated water kept me well hydrated and very healthy.

i need to research this. "Brominated" is the number one reason I gave up Mountain Dew.

Mountain Dew is my second favortie source of caffeine, an important dietary nutrient that I cannot survive without.

I think it also might have some water in there.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Coastal cities and ocean-islands with a lack of fresh water have long-used desalinization plants to convert salty sea water into fresh water. In consideration of the goofy flawed logic of the "pure water only" people on this thread, I must ask:

How are we going to break it to all of those people who's water comes from a desalinization plant that they are not drinking water?

Never mind....I think I get it now....Maybe it isn't water if they are members of MFP.

When I was in the Navy, we drank brominated water, exclusively, while on deployment. We were primarily in the middle east area where temperatures approached 140F in most places. Brominated water kept me well hydrated and very healthy.

i need to research this. "Brominated" is the number one reason I gave up Mountain Dew.

Mountain Dew is my second favortie source of caffeine, an important dietary nutrient that I cannot survive without.

I think it also might have some water in there.

Mountain Dew contains no water. It is made of 50% joy, 50% happiness, and 50% sunshine.

Yes, that's 150%. 100% isn't enough for Mountain Dew.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So my tea isn't water. But if I suck on a tea bag, eat a spoonful of sweetener, drink 1.5 tablespoons of almond milk, and then drink 8 oz of water I can count the water. :drinker:

I've been doing it all wrong.
  • TheBeardedGentleman
    Options
    You guys are so mean she has since deactivated her account.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You guys are so mean she has since deactivated her account.

Weakness shall not be... mostly towards humor. You cant survive the net, you cant survive the planet.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Hopefully she'll have taken some of the well-researched advice with her.

I'd be pretty sure the water we had when we stayed at the £1.50 a night B&B here, the water we had would have been from the lake you see:
    Bryce+&+Mitch+surfing+Lake+Malawi.jpg
    (Lake Malawi, there when I was 14 - definitely want to return there some day.)
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    brawndo01.gif
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

So I guess sea water is okay to drink and log as water. Yes to those.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL- ya know, all the parasites you swallow with the sea water will latch onto your insides and the fat will melt away! Not as effective as raspberry ketones and master cleanse but still a great option.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Uh, I'm pretty sure things like green tea can be logged as water......... :|
  • kgibson17
    kgibson17 Posts: 23
    Options
    Awesome!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have never really liked water so was having a hard time drinking it. My doctor actually told me about the little individual packets of sugar free flavors for water. like many subjects brought up on the forums, there is NO CORRECT ANSWER - everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion! My opinion is that water is water whether plain, with flavor packets added, with coffee added, with tea added ETC ETC ETC.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Man, I give up. :grumble:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    SMH! When will this debate end? For 30 years I never drank any straight H2O unless a dribble happened to go down my throat when I brushed my teeth. Somehow, miraculously, I have survived and am quite healthy actually.

You need to stay hydrated. Your body doesn't give a rat's *kitten* whether you drink purified spring water, lap it out of apuddle, make tea, drink milk, eat fruit or veggies to get it.

If your urine is lightly yellow then you get enough liquids. The whole 8 glasses thing is a complete myth and obsessing about what is water and what isn't is ridiculous.

Not quite. Your body needs water to filtrate the by products/toxins from your body. If you never drink water your body can not do this efficiently. Yes you will get some water from fruit/vege etc but this is not sufficient on its own.

You know that soda, milk, and coffee contain water yes?

So does urine. Drink it, then log it as water.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I guess the correct way to find out the real answer to this whole debate, is to ask those that have lost weight. Did you lose weight drinking liquids that are water based? Or did you lose weight drinking your minimum + of water?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I guess the correct way to find out the real answer to this whole debate, is to ask those that have lost weight. Did you lose weight drinking liquids that are water based? Or did you lose weight drinking your minimum + of water?

No, the chemist already answered and closed this debate. Basically since you can reverse the change and boil any water out of any drink that contains H20, they say its water.

You know, because our bodies have a mechanism that can boil the water to 212 degrees and then cleanly use the evaporated H20 to hydrate ourselves.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    According to WW it counts if it doesnt have caffeine due to the diuretic effect. Stop being so rigid. Water has not been a huge factor in my weight loss. Crystal light, fruit infused water etc... but im doing just fine.