Thanks for all you do, Dan!! :drinker:
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump. Dan, you're awesome.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this info, I will be upping my cals from 1,400 to 1,600 as recommended.

One little question, why do I enter my current weight where it says goal weight?? Help!

• christocentrist
    Options
    I read your road map 2, is some research, and have adapted to your method! The higher caloric goal is AWESOME!! I have only been doing this for 3 days or so, so I can't vouch for it but I look forward to results. Thank you Dan and if you read this, add me because I think your posts would have great advice, etc that I would want to keep up on!
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have tried calculating my numbers this way before and I'm doing something way wrong...Perhaps I will try yet again. Thanks for the info.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Bump!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have tried calculating my numbers this way before and I'm doing something way wrong...Perhaps I will try yet again. Thanks for the info.

The biggest thing that I found was, as Dan-the-Man mentioned in the OP - is patience. When I made the adjustment the first time, I had to jump from 1200 calories (the MFP standard) to 2199. I had to add 200 calories a week until I got to the high point. That was 5 weeks without a loss. In those 5 weeks, I put on 11 pounds. It was a LONG 5 weeks, and I wanted to quit, but as soon as I got there - bam! The weight started falling off!

I was really successfull for a long time, and then it just stalled out. After MONTHS of what I thought was a plateau, I finally ran my numbers again. I was WAY under where I should have been, but this time - I just did it all at once. I ate AT TDEE for a week, then went to TDEE - 20%, and that quick... I've lost 4.5 lbs, and 7 inches overall in just two weeks.

Be patient, and don't freak out if you see a small gain when you first adjust your calories up - because it WILL happen. Stick to it, and once your body adjusts to getting the right amount of fuel, it will start shedding the unnecessary.
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this info, I will be upping my cals from 1,400 to 1,600 as recommended.

One little question, why do I enter my current weight where it says goal weight?? Help!

It gives current TDEE.
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks, Dan!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

You enter current weight because if you enter your goal weight, it gives you a calorie goal for the goal rather than your current weight. So you eat according to your current TDEE minus whatever percentage you choose, and run the numbers again and make adjustments as you progress.

Edited to add: Yeah, what Dan said - he beat me to it! Johnny on the spot! :bigsmile:
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How often do you have to run the numbers? is it every 10lbs. you lose?
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    replying so I can have this for later :)
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a great breakdown!!! Thank you SOOOO much for sharing that info and breaking it down like that!!! Im excited to start the new program you outlined for me to do ... starting today... :) Im also getting a tape measure next time im in town this week so I can properly measure.... Thank you again!! :wink:
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump