Replies

• nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Finally calculated my numbers today. Can't wait to check back here in a month or so!
  • regirom
    regirom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    STOP POSTING THIS! YOU'RE MAKING ME HAVE TO RE-BOOKMARK STUFF SO THAT I CAN GET ON THIS POSTPARTUM!

Just kidding - thank you for updating, and sorry for the caps :) Feeling silly and loud at the moment.
  • curlydigs
    curlydigs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GetSetGo73
    GetSetGo73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This WORKS! I have been using this method for about 2 months or so, with a reassess about once every month. I have lost close to 20 lbs by "upping" my calories to what my body needs

It is also very nice not having to worry about overestimating my exercise calories after various activities.
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks or this
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OK so this is what I got. Does this mean my TDEE is 1573? And is this thing telling me I need to eat 2163 calories to lose weight? Seems awful high. Help. My goal weight BTW is 160.

Custom BMR Calculation
    Thanks for checking your BMR here on Fat 2 Fit Radio. If you're not already subscribed to Fat 2 Fit Radio, consider doing so today. Please visit the Subscribe page to get the podcast delivered automatically to your iTunes, Juice, e-mail inbox or the podcatcher of your choice for FREE.

Entered information: 43 year old female, 68 inches tall, weighing 184 pounds, BMI of 28 (Overweight).

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 184 lbs.

Harris-Benedict Formula
    There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1573 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?
    Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1888
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2163
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2438
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2713
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2989
    NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Dan, we salute you sir!

I'm not permanently grumpy, I have the energy to run and lift weights, I drink wine, I sometimes eat pizza, I don't consider myself to be on a diet... and I'm losing weight, inches and bodyfat. It is difficult to believe that something so simple could work but it does; it really does! Consistency is so much easier when you can eat enough food to not be grumpy - which is why, for once, it's a plan I've been able to stick to.
  • drj1955
    drj1955 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • missized
    missized Posts: 16
    Options
    BUMP
  • sunbunny66
    sunbunny66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mumitis
    mumitis Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump :)
  • krazykate483
    krazykate483 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If after exercise I net below my BMR do I need to eat back some of my exercise calories?
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    If after exercise I net below my BMR do I need to eat back some of my exercise calories?

As long as you are taking rest days and eating the full calories, no.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1888
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2163
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2438
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2713
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2989
    NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.

Look at your activity for the week as well as your occupation.
    If you meet the criteria on the list above then eat those calories-20%.