Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated when I see people playing with their stupid phones. Treadmills are not meant to be finger workouts!!

Granted, I get frustrated seeing cell phones anywhere anymore. People are glued to them >_<
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people are doing while on the treadmill? Worry about your own workout and not about what others are doing.

They're called...observations.

Plus I noted one that affects me as it can cause injury and I have needed to administer 1st aid for it before.

Well, as long as you're there to help and observe and not to judge, that's what's important.

Sorry broham, but if someone knocks their ipod off the treadmill 10 times, falls off themselves, or passes out because they jumped off with an elevated HR, I'm going to observe it.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    good lord some of the complaints ive read in this thread are ridiculous

This is why I do cardio in a hoodie w/headphones - block out the world

good idea ;)
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I hate it when all the treadmills are taken up and you see people literally doing the whole workout walking slower than if they were out side having a stroll on the beach! Drives me insane!

See, this is what bugs me. You have no idea - none at all - what that person is going through. You don't know if they have an injury or anything else medical going on with them. It is so not your place to personally judge how a person should be conducting THEIR workout.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I walk slow on the treadmill because I have a physical condition that makes it so.
    I hold onto the handlebars because I have ab balance problem.

I pay my Gym membership just like the people whining and judging my workout. Get over it and get on with your own workout.

Agreed to the nth degree.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people are doing while on the treadmill? Worry about your own workout and not about what others are doing.

Plus I noted one that affects me as it can cause injury and I have needed to administer 1st aid for it before.

Well, as long as you're there to help and observe and not to judge, that's what's important.

Sorry broham, but if someone knocks their ipod off the treadmill 10 times, falls off themselves, or passes out because they jumped off with an elevated HR, I'm going to observe it.

YOU'RE SO HARDCORE!!!!!!

FFS
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I hate it when all the treadmills are taken up and you see people literally doing the whole workout walking slower than if they were out side having a stroll on the beach! Drives me insane!

Haha me too. Why not just walk up and down your street?! That's free!

This irks me...then you go run up and down your street. If they are paying then they have as much right to use the treadmill. You don't know why they are walking...I sure as heck didn't just jump on a treadmill the first time and take off. However, I'm glad to know that I was being judged for my walking.
  • RGv2
    Options

YOU'RE SO HARDCORE!!!!!!

FFS

LOL. Grow up.

It's hilarous how butt-hurt people get over these topics.

"Wait, so people can see what I do".
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people are doing
    this.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

The people who bring in their phones and music players, set them on the treadmill, start running, and knock them off like 5 times, wonder why, and evetually give up on listening.

Amazon.com, you can get an arm-band for any phone or ipod for less than $20..with shipping.

I have an armband but dont use it because its too hard to skip songs with it strapped to my bicep.

? :noway:

i have to put in my password code to open it and then wait for it to respond, then click the arrow thingy - all while its strapped to my arm and i am running. its a PITA
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

YOU'RE SO HARDCORE!!!!!!

FFS

LOL. Grow up.

It's hilarous how butt-hurt people get over these topics.

"Wait, so people can see what I do".

Again, You're SO HARDCORE. I WISH I COULD BE JUST LIKE YOU!!!
  • RGv2
    Options

The people who bring in their phones and music players, set them on the treadmill, start running, and knock them off like 5 times, wonder why, and evetually give up on listening.

Amazon.com, you can get an arm-band for any phone or ipod for less than $20..with shipping.

I have an armband but dont use it because its too hard to skip songs with it strapped to my bicep.

? :noway:

i have to put in my password code to open it and then wait for it to respond, then click the arrow thingy - all while its strapped to my arm and i am running. its a PITA

I retract my :noway: and sincerely appologize.

That would drive me insane.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Again, You're SO HARDCORE. I WISH I COULD BE JUST LIKE YOU!!!

That's OK. You're not the only one, but you don't have to shout.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Talk (loudly) on their cell phones - hate that!

and...

some whistle - I have earphones on listening to my music and I can still hear this one lady's whistling....
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I just dislike the stompers, they don't get that they have bad form and you are supposed to run as low impact as possible.

Did someone actually finish the science of foot strike mechanics?

Last I heard, even Lieberman @ Harvard (barefoot run guy) was basically saying not to worry about stuff like this unless you found that you were getting hurt. If you are getting hurt - consider mid and front strike to reduce impact.

Maybe I missed a press release? Or are you selling your opinion as fact?
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I am on the TM to cool down (slow jog/power walk) and I either have someone ask me to get off since I am not using it properly or having someone try to "push" me into running faster....

I'm sorry..who made you my personal trainer? did you not see me 1.5hours ago working my *kitten* off?

So, you've been on a treadmill for 1.5 hours while other people are waiting to use it?

Regardless of whether there is an explicit gym policy or not, I believe people should have a 30 minute limit to a machine.

It's not like I don't do my long runs on the treadmill. I do. But I normally do them when there are other treadmills available. But last Saturday, the treadmills were all full and I was mindful of any people waiting for a machine. When I saw someone waiting, I promptly gave them the "two more minutes" signal (two figures held up like a peace sign). I finished and waited for another machine to be available to finish the rest of my run.

The person probably asked you when you slowed down because: 1) it's usually an indication that you're about to finish; or 2) they didn't want to sneak up on someone who's going 8.5 on the treadmill.

You could avoid this if you let people who are waiting that you are about to leave within a certain amount of time. Be fortunate that no one told the staff how long you were on one machine.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When they decide to talk to someone on their iphone and hold a conversation in the same voice they would be talking to me. Nothing like a sudden Hey, how are you? that is not directed at you, but an imaginary person on the other end of an ear piece

Ha! This, it gets me everytime.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????
    get off the treadmill!!!:devil:

also...get off the fukkeeenn CELLPHONE!!!!!!! Youre supposed to be WORKING OUT! that means breathing rapidly and unable to have a conversation!!

Get offf the cellphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Options
    I hate it when people don't fall on the treadmill.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I am on the TM to cool down (slow jog/power walk) and I either have someone ask me to get off since I am not using it properly or having someone try to "push" me into running faster....

I'm sorry..who made you my personal trainer? did you not see me 1.5hours ago working my *kitten* off?

So, you've been on a treadmill for 1.5 hours while other people are waiting to use it?

Regardless of whether there is an explicit gym policy or not, I believe people should have a 30 minute limit to a machine.

It's not like I don't do my long runs on the treadmill. I do. But I normally do them when there are other treadmills available. But last Saturday, the treadmills were all full and I was mindful of any people waiting for a machine. When I saw someone waiting, I promptly gave them the "two more minutes" signal (two figures held up like a peace sign). I finished and waited for another machine to be available to finish the rest of my run.

The person probably asked you when you slowed down because: 1) it's usually an indication that you're about to finish; or 2) they didn't want to sneak up on someone who's going 8.5 on the treadmill.

You could avoid this if you let people who are waiting that you are about to leave within a certain amount of time. Be fortunate that no one told the staff how long you were on one machine.

pretty sure they meant they were lifting 1.5 hours ago - not on the treadmill that long