Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    Tooshay! I 110% agree!!
  • k_town78
    k_town78 Posts: 21
    Options
    You lot are all so lucky.

The ONLY thing that really annoys me, not even on the treadmill next to me, it pretty much just has to be in the same room, you can't get away from it,

is when they stamp on the front of the treadmill *thud* every *thud* step *thud* they *thud* take *thud*
    You *thud* can't *thud* get *thud* away *thud* from *thud* it, *thud* it's *thud* just *thud* so *thud* loud *thud* and *thud* annoying! *thud* Don't *thud* they *thud* know *thud* they're *thud* doing *thud* it? *thud*

*thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud*

anyway, you get the idea. Just do that for an 30-60mins while I'm working out. That annoys me.

I can't hear other people at the gym, my music is TOO LOUD!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't stand treadmills. They're great for some but they make me feel like a hamster, so I run outside.

My advice though is to put your ear buds in and just forget everyone else around you. Focus on you.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There is a lady at my gym that likes to bring soda with her to the TM. This time of year though the gym is full of people who are doing it ALL wrong. (Resolutioners)
    Atleast they are doing it. What's made you the workout police?
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Running-on-treadmill---FitnessGifs4Utumblr.gif
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    e5ed60d8745589103876ba4a4f8a7f92-treadmill-bullies-chubby-guy.gif
    9a6430d4563117096d235131df9deec3-treadmill-pimp-walk.gif
    tumblr_lx8o4cs9p51r9uw6co1_500.gif
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I hold the handle, to get my HR; due to my heart issues. I mock sing to my iPod and bop around to the music. I guess I'm annoying and I don't care. I'm getting it done. I also never seem to have the time or inclination to "judge" anyone else who is working out.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    theres this man who talks on the phone while on the treadmill and elliptical...he also talks rather loud! and its irritating when people drag their feet...
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    There is a lady at my gym that likes to bring soda with her to the TM. This time of year though the gym is full of people who are doing it ALL wrong. (Resolutioners)
    Atleast they are doing it. What's made you the workout police?

^ this
  • Lostone31
    Lostone31 Posts: 57
    Options
    people actually using the treadmill.... run outside!!! unless you are working on speed or the conditions outside are too harsh.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't know why anyone cares what anyone else does. I can't imagine being bugged about what someone else is doing fitness-wise. Worry about yourself, and not everyone else.
  • av8artist
    av8artist Posts: 46
    Options
    Children on the treadmills (and elliptical machines), as well as those who a talking on their phones. At least all our resolutioners are gone (I don't count since I been a member for 20 years)
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

This. I'm self conscious enough in my 3rd week at the gym without knowing the runner on the next treadmill is judging me for holding the handles.

Agree. This is why I won't go to the gym. I workout in my basement. A true judge free zone!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Heavy footfall. There's a girl that's always there in the morning when I'm there. She's petite-tiny really...but I swear, she's stomping her feet when she runs...I have my earphones on and I can still hear her.

Also there's a guy that dances and sings to himself...I guess that's more amusing than annoying
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Wen they kick the front of the treadmill because they don't have the speed high enough...go slower or bump up the speed. How is this hard?
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when you'll have 10 empty treadmills and someone comes up and gets on one right next to you.

I have a "favorite" treadmill that I like at my gym. It is right under the ceiling fan and in front of the TV that has ESPN playing. It is also in a spot where (I go to Planet Fitness and anyone with the 30 minute circuit training area knows what I am talking about) I can see the red and green lights. I know that it takes me 23 cycles of those lights to run 3 miles at 5.2 mph. That way I am watching the lights and not looking down at the time and distance constantly to see how far I have gone. For me, it helps to keep my mind occupied like that while running.

That being said, there are a couple of other treadmills that will allow me to watch the TV I want (although looking to the side a bit) and see the lights. I will choose those if choosing my favorite puts me right next to someone and I can space us out.
  • k_town78
    k_town78 Posts: 21
    Options
    I honestly can't stand treadmills. They're great for some but they make me feel like a hamster, so I run outside.

My advice though is to put your ear buds in and just forget everyone else around you. Focus on you.

This is exactly how I feel. I'd rather 'go' somewhere if I run...and I am always cranking the music.
  • smiles210
    Options
    I really wish there was a SUPER LIKE button or something, so that I could SUPER LIKE some of the responses to this original post. If you are bothered by people who hold handrails while they are minding their own business working hard at their own work out, perhaps you need to be taking a look at why you are so preoccupied with what others are doing at the gym. If they are following gym ettiquette, are minding their own business and staying out of yours, if they are up and moving and trying, then leave it alone. Or workout at home!! Rant done for the day. Happy Tuesday everyone!!!:happy:
  • menders92
    menders92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people sing along outloud with the music on their ipod...

Or if they simply sound like a herd of elephants on that treadmill like the guy yesterday. He wasn't heavy, he just ran heavily, lol.

The SING out LOUD whilst on the TM??

They obviously aren't working out hard enough, crank their speed and incline up, that should stop 'em

only kidding haha

I wanna see that on Tosh.0 LMAO
  • benny150592
    benny150592 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wen they kick the front of the treadmill because they don't have the speed high enough...go slower or bump up the speed. How is this hard?

This.