Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hitting myself on the head with a sledgehammer

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

myspaceteej.jpg

Rainbow Bright has made a comeback

Is that one of the Backstreet boys?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I don't understand, do I log my sledgehammer calories?
    MFP overestimates your sledge cals, so only eat them back if you're using an HRM or the sledge has a built in counter. If the latter you can also carry it around with you all day and sleep with it to get a better count.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I don't understand, do I log my sledgehammer calories?
    MFP overestimates your sledge cals, so only eat them back if you're using an HRM or the sledge has a built in counter. If the latter you can also carry it around with you all day and sleep with it to get a better count.

I sleep with my guitar (some nights my Epiphone Gibson SG, other nights my acoustic classical guitar) - do I count the calories while lying next to it or just the ones when I strum it? And do I need to switch over every few minutes and take turns strumming with my right and my left hand as I don't want to risk "bulking up" just one arm - I'm a girl and just want some nice tone to the muscles, not Hulk muscles.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    2,600?? That's a lot of posts for 4 months my friend

i believe in quantity over quality.

I believe you have achieved both.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Op i need scientific studies and your blood work and credit card to back up your claim.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    This thread is promoting self injury
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Some people have resorted to this sledgehammer after using the other one, for best results.

sledgehammer_zps1744437b.jpg
    I do believe that is a fad diet l could get on board with...for life.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member

Nah, there's another thread about that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I sleep with my guitar (some nights my Epiphone Gibson SG, other nights my acoustic classical guitar) - do I count the calories while lying next to it or just the ones when I strum it? And do I need to switch over every few minutes and take turns strumming with my right and my left hand as I don't want to risk "bulking up" just one arm - I'm a girl and just want some nice tone to the muscles, not Hulk muscles.
    SG? Classical? Don't be lifting the pink Barbie weights...If you want calorie burn you gotta go with a Les Paul!

[ETA:] My bad, I see you don't want to bulk up - might want to switch up that Les Paul and do high reps with a Strat or chambered Telecaster instead.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    If someone actually does hit themselves with a sledgehammer then they are just dumb a$$es
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    just a quick update... i'm on day 4 with the fiberglass handled sledgehammer portion of this cleanse. my head has become sore, swollen, bloodied, and lumpy. however, i have lost 0.5 ounces on the scale as of this morning!!! so i'm going to go ahead and declare this cleanse an unqualified SUCCESS.

i believe this cleanse has truly jump started my weight loss program and at this rate, i am looking forward to day 128, when i should be down 1 full pound on the scale! constant headaches, pain, and swelling is a small price to pay to see a slightly lower number on my scale sometime in July. WOO HOO!!

remember, we are all special snowflakes, so what works for me probably won't work for you.
  • SRH7
    SG? Classical? Don't be lifting the pink Barbie weights...If you want calorie burn you gotta go with a Les Paul!

[ETA:] My bad, I see you don't want to bulk up - might want to switch up that Les Paul and do high reps with a Strat or chambered Telecaster instead.

Ooooooh, you got me thinking. Maybe I should leave my SG alone at night and cuddle up to my ukelele instead (seriously, I do have one!). It's teeny tiny and will definitely not turn me into a hulk ;)
  • SRH7
    just a quick update... i'm on day 4 with the fiberglass handled sledgehammer portion of this cleanse. my head has become sore, swollen, bloodied, and lumpy. however, i have lost 0.5 ounces on the scale as of this morning!!! so i'm going to go ahead and declare this cleanse an unqualified SUCCESS.

i believe this cleanse has truly jump started my weight loss program and at this rate, i am looking forward to day 128, when i should be down 1 full pound on the scale! constant headaches, pain, and swelling is a small price to pay to see a slightly lower number on my scale sometime in July. WOO HOO!!

remember, we are all special snowflakes, so what works for me probably won't work for you.

This sounds amazing! Could you send me more details on how to 'do' the sledgehammer cleanse if I deposit some money in your PayPal account?
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    I've heard good things about this! I'm sorry if someone has already asked, but will this do anything to help me get rid of the 30 pounds of poo in my digestive tract, and/or the 5 lbs. of undigested red meat in my colon? (Google them if you need scientific verification.) Because if so,
    l_9711f6c0-d057-11e1-8ef4-dfd3b4b00006.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I tried this and it worked for me, except I used to get dreadful headaches from it. I tried to ask on here what to do about the headaches but everyone was so mean and unsupportive, just blaming it all on the sledgehammer without even knowing me as a person. All I wanted was answers for how to relieve the headache. There are so many mean, know-it-all bullies on here, just because they have degrees in fancy subjects like physiology, biology, human sciences, nutrition, medicine, biomechanics and the like, they think they know everything and that the headache can't be caused by anything other than repeatedly hitting myself on the head with the sledgehammer. Well my body is different to everyone else's and I need to hit myself repeatedly on the head with a sledgehammer in order to lose weight.

And just so you know, OP, heroin works best for the headache. It's expensive but a guy at the end of my street sells it.

Since doing my sledgehammer head hitting routine, I've lost 50lbs and I'm a size zero. However I'm still surrounded by unsupportive bullies who are concerned about my "heroin addiction" - well I just say to them, poppies are a clean and totally natural food, so how could they possibly be unhealthy? Haters will hate....
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    I'm reporting all of you for making me nearly wet myself laughing at my desk *humph*
  • SRH7
    I tried this and it worked for me, except I used to get dreadful headaches from it. I tried to ask on here what to do about the headaches but everyone was so mean and unsupportive, just blaming it all on the sledgehammer without even knowing me as a person. All I wanted was answers for how to relieve the headache. There are so many mean, know-it-all bullies on here, just because they have degrees in fancy subjects like physiology, biology, human sciences, nutrition, medicine, biomechanics and the like, they think they know everything and that the headache can't be caused by anything other than repeatedly hitting myself on the head with the sledgehammer. Well my body is different to everyone else's and I need to hit myself repeatedly on the head with a sledgehammer in order to lose weight.

And just so you know, OP, heroin works best for the headache. It's expensive but a guy at the end of my street sells it.

Since doing my sledgehammer head hitting routine, I've lost 50lbs and I'm a size zero. However I'm still surrounded by unsupportive bullies who are concerned about my "heroin addiction" - well I just say to them, poppies are a clean and totally natural food, so how could they possibly be unhealthy? Haters will hate....

Why so hangry? You are a size zero so I'm just really struggling to see what the issue is.

Or are you just coming on here so you can make us all feel bad that you suceeded with the sledgehammer plan and are now lovely and skinny while we still have fat bottoms because we have no commitment?!!
  • SRH7
    I'm reporting all of you for making me nearly wet myself laughing at my desk *humph*

1. Make sure you log those calories burned while laughing
    2. Be sure to subtract the urine lost from your water intake for the day - don't want you dehydrating
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member

1. Make sure you log those calories burned while laughing
    2. Be sure to subtract the urine lost from your water intake for the day - don't want you dehydrating

Ahh I take it back, good helpful tips there. How many calories does typing burn?
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    OP, I'm worried about you. Please do what every single person in this world should do because the same thing works for everyone and go see what Dan wrote over at InPlaceofARoadMap. I swear you'll be enlightened within 5 minutes and become a crazed devotee in 10. You may possibly develop side effects of shoving Dan's plans down everyone's throats in every post you make from here on out.

Like I said OP, I worried about you. Fad diets don't work, and even though the Sledgehammer diet sounds more reasonable than Atkins, I again want to tell you that you need to check out IPOARM as soon as humanly possible.