21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hope its not to late to join in! I will start mine with Monday being Day 1 - Walked 30 Minutes on treadmill at 3 mph and jogged 5 minutes at 5 mph.
    Day 2 today - Same as yesterday plus walked 1.6 miles on my lunch break.
    See you tomorrow!

Not too late at all! Glad to have you on board!

Our purpose is to "start a habit" with 21 straight days of fitness commitment.... I'm sure we will be continuing on from there!!

Good going on your DAYS 1 & 2!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ bikinisuited

Day 18 of bikram yoga. Diet is my biggest problem. GNC Lean shake 25, (25 gms of protein and fiber) is a good way of reducing my calories and feel satisfied longer to meet my 1200, I keep going over calories.:sad: Tomorrow, Thursday and weekend I have several events, hope this shakes will keep my calories in check!!!

Understood! It is challenging to stay within calories - even as we add fitness, I know... and I make choices (with my wine/snacks) that probably delay a better weight loss... but - they are my choices at this time! :wink:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

DAY 15 - 19 March 2013

TM walk - 38 min / 3.5 / no incline

a little tired today - glad to have gotten my walk in!

You are doing well. Great job in keeping routine, love it!

Thanks!! :happy:
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Day 19 of bikram yoga done for today and will add walking dvd for extra calorie burn!

Day 1 Lean Shake 25 starting all over and no snacking and it is 12:30pm. So far doing fabulous. SNACKING has lead me to going over calories!!!
  • thnkhlth
    thnkhlth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Question...If I miss a day or two, do I start my count all over? If so, this is day 1, again, and I did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of Pilates. Getting serious about writing down every morsel that enters my mouth. It is helping me eat less or at least better. Gotta think health!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Question...If I miss a day or two, do I start my count all over? If so, this is day 1, again, and I did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of Pilates. Getting serious about writing down every morsel that enters my mouth. It is helping me eat less or at least better. Gotta think health!

I personally started all over as my focus is diet and fitting my lean shakes...It certainly depends on your goals.
  • Trishajac
    Options

I personally started all over as my focus is diet and fitting my lean shakes...It certainly depends on your goals.

I agree .... for me - it is the consistency I am looking for in myself and purposefully doing some fitness toward my end goal.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 19 of bikram yoga done for today and will add walking dvd for extra calorie burn!

Day 1 Lean Shake 25 starting all over and no snacking and it is 12:30pm. So far doing fabulous. SNACKING has lead me to going over calories!!!

Good going!! - a good DAY 1 - success is yours!

• Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 16 - 20 March 2013

TM walk - 37 min = 12 min @ 3.5 no incline & 25 min @ 3.5 with incline and added 15 min @ 2 pace - out & about for errands

(over on my calories today - as I did snack)... but finally this is more the exception and not the rule! YAY!

• thnkhlth
    thnkhlth Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I agree .... for me - it is the consistency I am looking for in myself and purposefully doing some fitness toward my end goal.

Thanks for the input, I agree. A consistent 21 days is 21 days in a row. I can do it. One down...twenty to go!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your 21 Day challenge!

Day 1 - 03/11 ... walked 4.31 miles in 62 minutes.
    Day 2 - 03/12 ... walked 4.27 miles in 60 minutes.
    Day 3 - 03/13 ... walked 4.54 miles in 67 minutes.
    Day 4 - 03/14 ... no walking today...25 mins on 30DS Level 3-Day 9, 30 mins on other challenges.
    Day 5 - 03/15 ... no walking today...25 mins 30DS Level 3-Day 10 -- DONE!!!!! 50 mins on other challenges.
    Day 6 -- 03/16 ... walked 3.71 miles in 72 minutes, Zumba for 55 mins, 60 mins on other challenges.
    Day 7 -- 03/17 ... walked 4.08 miles in 60 mins, 1.44 miles w/SO and puppy in 54 mins, 45 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 -- 03/18 ... walked 4.22 miles in 62 mins, 85 mins on challenges.

Great walks in there cpanus..... are you indoors or outdoors?

Good on you - DAY 8

Outside! My favorite!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your 21 Day challenge!

Day 1 - 03/11 ... walked 4.31 miles in 62 minutes.
    Day 2 - 03/12 ... walked 4.27 miles in 60 minutes.
    Day 3 - 03/13 ... walked 4.54 miles in 67 minutes.
    Day 4 - 03/14 ... no walking today...25 mins on 30DS Level 3-Day 9, 30 mins on other challenges.
    Day 5 - 03/15 ... no walking today...25 mins 30DS Level 3-Day 10 -- DONE!!!!! 50 mins on other challenges.
    Day 6 -- 03/16 ... walked 3.71 miles in 72 minutes, Zumba for 55 mins, 60 mins on other challenges.
    Day 7 -- 03/17 ... walked 4.08 miles in 60 mins, 1.44 miles w/SO and puppy in 54 mins, 45 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 -- 03/18 ... walked 4.22 miles in 62 mins, 85 mins on challenges.
    Day 9 -- 03/19 ... walked 4.28 miles in 63 minutes, 75 mins on challenges, 25 mins Zumba.
    Day 10 -- 03/20 ... walked 4.17 miles in 62 minutes, 75 mins on challenges.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    @ Tazmac, walking is becoming a habit. Great job lady. Keep it going.

@ thnkhlth, Great job starting day one. Creating a habit will come naturally as you continue and if needed start all over.

@ cpanus, mighty walker you are. I am sure you are pretty proud of yourself going this far.

Tomorrow, I am planning to eat lunch with co-worker. I am planning to order a ceasar salad with dressing on the side. As long as I keep my calories to 200 (lean shake 25) I will give myself a green light and of course no snacking. I want to make it to Day 2. Love this challenge as you create a habit, than you can start a new one. Let's keep it going!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ cpanus - good for you that the walks are outdoors! They are my favorite also!!

Hour long walks are awesome... and all the challenges you are adding!!

Good for you on completion of DAY 10!

@ thnkhlth - good decision for you on your re-start for habit forming!!

@ bikinisuited - nice encouragement for all of us - thanks!! and good pre-planning for you !
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 17 - 21 March 2013

Outside (neighbourhood) walk - approx 3.75 km - 37 min - 3.6 pace

Good report at the Chiropractor today too! the walking is helping my back heal faster!

• bbanwo
    bbanwo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    is it too late for the challenge
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in as well. Might help me remember to hit the pool between weight room sessions!

Start date: 03/21/13 - walked for 3.5 hours (Not sure the distance, because it was in and out of stores shopping)
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    @ Tazmac, Happy to hear great report from the chiropractor and that your back is healintg well. Keep up the walking routine. Love the great progress!!

@ bbanwo, Start anytime until you create a 21 day challenge, if you stop, than you start all over.

3/21/13, I completed my 20 day of Bikram Yoga. Kept my calories on target with a snack attack today due to co-worker lunch. Will start all over again....Lean shake one today!
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Allright! I'm in, too.
    3/18 hot yoga for one hour
    3/19 elliptical for 35 minutes, plus stretching & abs
    3/20 same as above, plus some bicep & tricep free weights
    3/21 same as 3/20

My goal is to work out everyday for the 21 days PLUS keep track of everything I eat or drink (with the sub-goal of staying within my calorie limit).

I could use support, so anyone else looking for a friend (esp one who needs to lose 50 60 lbs)
  • MsDeniseDoyle
    Options
    Im doing a 90 day challenge, , Im on day 39, exercise every day for a hr,, and eating healthy 6 days a week with one cheat day.so far 3lbs lost last weight recorded was Feb 28..still at same weight :(. My clothes fitting a lot loser though.