What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I eat so early in the morning, but to get some added protein to whatever I eat...be it yogurt, or cereal or waffles, I add a hard boiled egg
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My most common ones are-

-Green smoothies! (spinach, kale, or swiss chard with banana, flax, hemp protein powder, and spirulina)

-Oatmeal (Combinations include flax & berries/raw walnuts and banana, etc)

-Fruit smoothies (Fruit + water!) and a protein shake.
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favorite:
    1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese sprinkled with black pepper topped with 2 scrambled egg whites and 6 or 7 halved grape tomatoes slightly warmed and softened at the end of scrambling the egg whites. Salt and pepper on top of everything. That plus a small piece of my lower cal apple cinnamon bread pudding warmed and topped with a tiny bit of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Or I can do a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Crunch Cereal with 1/2 c of unsweetened almond milk when I don't have my bread pudding.

I also like scrambled eggs with sauteed zucchini and mushrooms cooked with garlic and olive oil on the side.

OR- I haven't made this at home yet but had this at a restaurant multiple times when I was out of town last week- an omelet made with 2 eggs (or egg whites) and filled with cottage cheese and artichoke hearts. Fresh fruit on the side. Loved it and it kept me so full that on a couple of days I skipped lunch because I was engrossed in museum exhibits and didn't want to leave, and I was fine with a small snack when I got done and then had a nice dinner.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been steel cut oatmeal with almond milk :-).
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. Eggs on weekends.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I too eat the yogurt and banana during the weekdays. I try mixing up yogurt so that it doesn't become repetitive. On the weekends when I have more time I get more creative. I will also but those Jimmy Dean's Delight Turkey sausage,egg white & cheese muffin, they are good for being microwaveable.
  • keepcalmmoveon
    Options
    Various types of oatmeal with fruit on the side, or scrambled eggs with low-fat/non-fat cheese and salsa. And sometimes 'breakfast' smoothies!! :smile:
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    Nada
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Cereal, Oatmeal, Fruit and Yoghurt are my main ones. :)
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1 egg +2 egg whites. Slice of fat free tukey ham ( chopped), Spinach, tomatotoes and onions. Omellete. With My cup of coffee. Total calores around 400-
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    I tend to be streak-y in my eating habits, but my normal rotation includes:

feta eggs (3 eggs with a quarter cup of feta and a dash of milk) and coffee
    egg sammich (2 eggs, dash of milk, slice canadian bacon and laughing cow cheese spread on a whole wheat english muffin) and coffee
    chocolate protein made with nonfat milk and a shot or two of espresso
    chobani, whole wheat toast, fruit and coffee
    oatmeal squares (cereal) with kefir instead of milk, fruit and coffee
    dinner leftovers and coffee

Notice a trend??
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs, a Braeburn apple, coffee with milk, H20. I love eggs. Eat them everyday!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My main one lately is instant cream of wheat, from the packet, made w/ 1% milk. I just make it in the microwave, then use 1 splenda packet and a couple shakes of cinnamon...

Pretty good, and I can make it at work when I start getting hungry about 10am...
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    EAS Soy protein powder, mixed with 8oz of 2% milk.
    Keeps me full for a while, and it's great, since i have a workout first thing in the morning.(:
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    Oh, I forgot oatmeal made with milk, cinnamon, peanut butter, and a few chocolate chips and pecans. I call it my chocolate chip cookie oatmeal. Freaking delish and still less than 400 calories.
  • cjreynolds36
    Options
    slice of cantaloupe or honeydew, then 1/2 cup of granola with some yogurt midmorning
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    raisin toast + coffee or a bowl of uncle tobys plus calcium with lite milk depends on my mood.I dont eat early, usually not before 8.30am.In fact I just finished my cereal at 10 am, as I walked to the bus stop with the kids then went for a walk before eating at 9.30 am
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat banana pancakes topped with strawberries, and warm !00% warm maple syrup.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Same thing everyday, coffee with non dairy creamer and a packet of instant oatmeal
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot oatmeal made with milk, cinnamon, peanut butter, and a few chocolate chips and pecans. I call it my chocolate chip cookie oatmeal. Freaking delish and still less than 400 calories.

Gosh, this sounds good,"rmsturdy"!!! I think I'd leave out the peanut butter, and add some raisins to make it like a oatmeal raisin cookie! yum!

Personally, I've been living on 3/4 cup eggbeaters, mix and matched with the following:

sauteed red/orange bell peppers, sauteed diced onion, sauteed sliced mushrooms, bob evans turkey sausage link, canadian bacon, or sometimes just some oscar meyer sliced ham, or butterball turkey bacon slices, fresh spinach wilted in at the end on occasion.

Because I am mixing and matching, and sometimes just using 1 or 2 of the above, it doesn't feel like I am eating the same thing every morning. Sometimes I will scramble, other times I will make more like an omelet with these as a filler, and then can top with kraft fat free cheddar cheese or fat free mozzarella, or freshly grated parmesan cheese, and sometimes with salsa.

Very very filling, as I use ALOT of the sauteed veggies, still on the "crunchy" side, not overcooked, still has lots of color in the veggies, and this can last me thru many missed lunches, to where I may just have a piece of fruit or a chobani yogurt for late lunch or snack, and then dinner and I feel satisfied all day because of all the protein and fiber from the eggbeaters and veggies.