I ♥ firearms

Options

Replies

• peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It seems we are always hunting :)
    We start off with Bear hunting, then we move into Moose hunting and Partridge hunting then we take off two weeks to go deer hunting and I shot my first doe :) and now we are trying Wolf. I have been hunting since I am young. I like my Remington 22 bolt action rifle for birds. We are into Archery and Rifle.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<i love to target shoot! my husband and I own a colt 1911, s&w 40, a tauras 380 and my all time fave the ar-15

I want a 1911 so badly. Just so I can get some pretty pearly/custom grips.

My dad got me into sport shooting. We rarely go to the club anymore, maybe once every 2-3 months. But my boyfriend just bought this new piece and I cannot wait to try it out. With an empty magazine it is still heavy, def requires 2 hands.

a5ba387a-9d41-447c-9e85-b7b5cfdf6a58_zpsc72888a9.jpg
  • kmarie0614
    kmarie0614 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love everything from STG44, 50cal, colt45, revolver pistols, shotguns, crossbows, recurve bows... but then again I am a small town girl.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used to hunt, mainly deer and rabbits. I'm too lazy to hunt now. I enjoy shooting firearms, ammo is getting to be just ridiculous though...so I also reload my own ammo sometimes...but getting parts for that is hard now as well. I like to go to the firing range with my Grandson, he's 8 right now and he is a pretty good shot with his .22 and .410, we have a blast.

My granddad taught my dad, my dad taught me, I taught my kids, they are teaching theirs. We're not mouth breathing hillbillies, just white collar shooting fans. Maybe if I lose my weight I will start hunting deer again...and BOY am I glad I don't live in the People's Republic of Illinois.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    pew pew pew merica.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am too lazy to go hunting, but love shooting paper targets, bottles, etc.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've been shooting IDPA (XDM 5.25 9mm, plus a few others in the collection) for years. I'm not great at it, but it's a lot of fun!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    No trouble finding ammo here in Canada :happy:
    hmmm...too bad it would be nearly impossible to transport it over the Sarnia or Windsor borders ...dangit!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I posted already but thought I'd add this. I love target/trap/etc. shooting and did a little small game hunting back in the day. A few years ago, when I was at my heaviest (close to 400lbs), a cousin of mine said that if I got down to 230lbs (pretty good size for me...I played ball in college at 250lbs and was quick and athletic), he'd take me on his next deer hunt. I'm going to hold him to it. I'm at 279lbs now, 50lbs to go. :) Get some.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    No trouble finding ammo here in Canada :happy:
    hmmm...too bad it would be nearly impossible to transport it over the Sarnia or Windsor borders ...dangit!

Really? I'm in MI as well. if i drive over there, i can't bring it back with me?
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Mostly I shoot my 223 bolt action. But I have a new AR I plan on sighting in as soon as the weather warms up.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    My favorite would probably be what I shot my first deer with, a .243, Winchester Model 70 Featherweight. I liked shooting my dad's .300 win mag when I was 12 because it almost knocked me over, lol. Also, I really loved my M-16 when I was in the Army. It jammed all the damn time no matter how much I cleaned it, but I really liked shooting it, especially on burst. The m9 was nice, too.
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Of all my guns, my Marlin 30-30 is my favorite. It's what I shot my first deer with. :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Guns scare me :/ I've never even touched one, and I probably never will. But it reassures me to see what looks like a bunch of responsible firearms owners here.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Glock 19 :).. Dads SF.. Shooting is big in my family. Tons of guns.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine...

Guns.jpg

My favorite is the lever action Marlin 1893 in .38-55...it filled the freezer with venison last fall.

ahh that's a beautiful sight.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a concealed carry permit and carry a Ruger .380 LCP with a laser grip. Her name is Black Betty, and she means business.

Thinking about a 12-gauge for home defense.
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have several shotguns, a couple of pistols, and an old 10-gauge double barrel that is just plain fun :)

Here is me with my favorite hiking partner.
    8540607070_b53eaa413e.jpg
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I havent shot since I left the Army but <3 ed my m16a2.

I love m-16 and really want to buy one while I still can, I really like the Armalite AR's but can't seem to find $1500 laying around anywhere....

You apparently don't know your firearms. M16A4 are not readily available to the public. There is a special class FFL you have to get. If you're up to the 9-18 month long background check and have a cool 10K just laying around, do it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    30704534.jpg