I ♥ firearms

Options
123457»

Replies

• rkbrailsford
    rkbrailsford Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love to shoot. Bought two new firearms this winter but timing and the weather has made it difficult to get out to the range.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see firearms safety training to be a mandatory part of public education. Starting in about the 1st grade. I'd like to see marksmanship training and competitive shooting return to the high schools as well.
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    Went shooting on the weekend for the first time in years...with my Ruger 1022, and a buddy brought his .45 and his 9 mm...I am so hooked!!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I just wish ammo wasn't so darn expensive. I blow through 2 boxes of .45 and .380 each time I go to the range. My husband calls me an expensive date. :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    No trouble finding ammo here in Canada :happy:
    hmmm...too bad it would be nearly impossible to transport it over the Sarnia or Windsor borders ...dangit!

Really? I'm in MI as well. if i drive over there, i can't bring it back with me?
    Well, I was just assuming...maybe I'm wrong though. It would be worth checking into since its so hard to find ammo here right now!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My diamond-crusted cammo for my r870 shotgun. Took me a month to get this in Black Ops 2.

Only place I'll shoot, if I had a real gun I'd be like Ralphie in A Christmas Story and shoot my eye out.....

54bpyh.png
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    YES! I love my Ruger 270 BDL!!!

I am a high powered rifle girl :)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Bushmaster AR15 Don't get to shoot it much anymore. Ammo is pretty scarce around here now....

14849410151092071691459.jpg
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    No trouble finding ammo here in Canada :happy:
    hmmm...too bad it would be nearly impossible to transport it over the Sarnia or Windsor borders ...dangit!

Really? I'm in MI as well. if i drive over there, i can't bring it back with me?
    Well, I was just assuming...maybe I'm wrong though. It would be worth checking into since its so hard to find ammo here right now!

Checked into this.
    It appears if you are Canadian, and come over into US, US vendors are not supposed to sell to you without a proper permit (although they'll sell it anyway). If you take ammo back to Canada, they don't say anything because you didn't break any Canadian laws.

If you are from US, and go to Canada you cannot purchase in Canada without the proper documentation. Obtaining the Doc doesn't sound all that easy. Once purchased in Canada it is supposed to be used in Canada. If you try to bring it back over the border, US border patrol will confiscate if found in your vehicle unless you have a certain permit, and the round count is below a certain limit.

It's all BS, and seems like a lot of hassle to transport ammunition internationally between US & Canada. But i suppose they make it difficult on purpose to deter you from actually doing it.
    If someone can clarify the above, go for it. That's all from memory as i didn't feel like looking it up again, but i think it's pretty close to accurate.
  • chadterror804
    Options
    ill shoot anything I can get my hands on. I am an avid shooter and second amendment supporter. One of the reasons Im wanting to get into shape is because its kind of hypocritical to say "I carry a gun because I value my life" when you sit on your *kitten* and do nothing and slowly kill yourself with fast food lol. My favorite firearm I currently own is probably my AR even though I havent taken it out shooting in 6 months or so. Im clinging to the last 180 rounds of 5.56 that I have. I love all my handguns too though (Glock 19, S&W M&P9, and S&W M&P Shield 9)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am an avid hunter and shooter, however I do not own any firearms and they ahve all been sold off. I just borrow everything now.

:wink:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Too many to name....I am a subsistence hunter for my family, i compete in 3 gun events, and have a CCL...