why do I seem to attract weirdos and stalkers?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    To answer the question why, in a more serious way, all I can say is that there are lots of people in the world and some of them are weirdos and stalkers. There are lots of attractive people in the world and they don't all get stalked or creeped on the same way or with the same frequency... some get more, some get less. Same goes with the "unattractive" people. Stalking isn't necessarily about the level of attraction but a desire for power and control, similar to rape. Those of us who experience unwanted attention and/or harassment have this card dealt to us in this life and there's something we need to learn from and/or experience. We're all dealt different types of difficulties, so this is just one of them. I tend to see everything as a potential lesson and opportunity for learning. Maybe it's about how I conduct myself. Maybe it has to do with learning about power and control. Maybe it has to do with learning to empower myself and make different choices. I don't believe in coincidences really. I've had 2 situations of actual stalking in my life. One was more on the mild side and the other was one where I was saving letters for the police, just in case. I know it can be frightening to experience this. I've learned to be more cautious and careful in life, in a way... you never really know what drives people or what can trigger freaky behavior. Good to remain aware and smart.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    1hbeo3.png

GET TO THE CHARGAA!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games til they start following you IRL. -.-
  • AlanTuring
    AlanTuring Posts: 159
    Options
    To answer the question why, in a more serious way, all I can say is that there are lots of people in the world and some of them are weirdos and stalkers. There are lots of attractive people in the world and they don't all get stalked or creeped on the same way or with the same frequency... some get more, some get less. Same goes with the "unattractive" people. Stalking isn't necessarily about the level of attraction but a desire for power and control, similar to rape. Those of us who experience unwanted attention and/or harassment have this card dealt to us in this life and there's something we need to learn from and/or experience. We're all dealt different types of difficulties, so this is just one of them. I tend to see everything as a potential lesson and opportunity for learning. Maybe it's about how I conduct myself. Maybe it has to do with learning about power and control. Maybe it has to do with learning to empower myself and make different choices. I don't believe in coincidences really. I've had 2 situations of actual stalking in my life. One was more on the mild side and the other was one where I was saving letters for the police, just in case. I know it can be frightening to experience this. I've learned to be more cautious and careful in life, in a way... you never really know what drives people or what can trigger freaky behavior. Good to remain aware and smart.
    It's nice to see at least one decent reply in this thread.

80% of the replies in this thread strike me as the "Well, why are you trying to get attention, obviously it's your fault" variety. Which, uh... ew. :(
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games til they start following you IRL. -.-

QFT
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    SHOULD BE TITLED 'NSV confirmation needed'
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options