Favorite dog Breed

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't think of a dog breed I don't like. I love animals. But my fav has gotta be a Shorkie Tzu cause he's mine.
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs. We had a chi named Belle and a beagel pug mix named Nikki. The recently passed away last September 10 days apart from each other, one from heart disease and one from cancer, 13 years and 16 years old. They were like our children and we miss them greatly. We just got a new puppy named Daisy. She is a pom-chi. She is so much fun! Thinking about getting another dog but not sure what kind to get this time. Love, love, love dogs!
  • DustYourselfOff
    Options
    I absolutely adore Corgi's. I have one and he is the perfect size and has the best temperament. My ONLY dislike of that breed is how badly they shed. Other than that I love that little man and would love 100 more of him......... well maybe not 100 but you get it :happy:
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    I Love Dogs.. I have a little black jack russel x (with a white patch on her chest) she is sooooo gorgeous.. She is 4 and will always look like a puppy ;) she is my baby haha love her!!

Soz to quote myself.. She is short haired and looks like a little shiny seal ;)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Chesapeake Bay Retriever

315761854_8f04c489e8.jpg

Bernese Mountain Dog

4362792906_88b0eeefc3.jpg
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    MUTTS!:love::love:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    MUTTS!:love::love: Because you never know what they are going to turn out like:bigsmile:
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be a puggle! (pug-beagle mix) My profile picture is my puggle, Wednesday, when she was a puppy. She is playing with her bff, my brother's st. bernard, Sofia. :heart:
  • kcook323
    kcook323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love yorkies. I have two. My daughter wants a border collie, and my husband wants a Great Dane.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dog person, but we have a pug and he's pretty rad. He basically just likes to eat and sleep, with the occasional bit of goofiness thrown in just so you know he's alive. He snorts, farts, eats like pig (no coincidence that pig and pug are just one letter off!), and snores like a champ. Basically, he's a furry kind of mini-me!

I do feel awful for the way they're bred to have such a difficult time breathing however :( He was something of a rescue, otherwise I'm not sure I could cope with the bred-dog thing (I understand the reasons, but... so many homeless mutts!)
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My favorite breeds are sight hounds. Scottish Deerhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Greyhounds, Salukis, Afghans. Tall, regal, long legs, tiny waists, long snouts.

But I own and love this:

378463_245122822226427_884038283_n.jpg

A short legged, barrel-bodied dwarf with no nose. :laugh:

don't feed it after midnight.
    don't get it wet.

:bigsmile:

And they hate light, whatever you do keep it away from light. :smile:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Standard Poodle...Lost my first Granddog to stomach cancer (only 6 years old). He was a beautiful black Standard poodle, the runt of the litter. Worst ever experience to lose him for my daughter (and me). Rico was the best shortstop ever...

3 months later, my daughter had an opportunity to "rescue" a White Standard Poodle...and she has the same characteristics as Rico had, but doesn't catch balls. Give her a chance, and she will BOLT out of the yard. She got out 3 times already, but, it was because she was looking for her (yet again...new owners my daughter). HAPPY we found her all 3 times. She is my hiking partner...great exercise for me...and for her! They seem aloof, but they are VERY loving to their owners. Thanks everyone for sharing photos and comments of your favorite breeds....I *do* love all dogs (big smile)...
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    depends on what you're hunting. golden lab for birds, redbone coonhound for fur
  • 72MonteCarla
    72MonteCarla Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    PIT BULLS! They are smart, goofy & eager to please. Give them love & they give it back tenfold. I have been a Pit Bull advocate for years. I have never met one that wasn't sweet, but unfortunately I have met WAY too many who have been abused. Thankfully, they respond quickly to a loving, caring environment. Now if only we could do away with the PEOPLE who are responsible for giving them a bad rap (sensationalist reporters and irresponsible owners)...
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Malamute
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Pugs because they have the best sense of humor and expressions.

This is Atilla:
    DSCN5730_zpsec67c085.jpg

And this is Wicket:
    25e1e658-ed43-40e2-b924-1c6024e7e689_zps49fd8555.jpg

Edited because Holy Cow it was huge!
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I love most all dogs so that's a tough question. I've had quite a few Golden's and Labradors though and besides making an awesome hunting partner, they are both some of the most affectionate and loyal dogs anyone could ever have in their life. I have a picture of my Lab/Pit mix in my profile pics from when she was a puppy. Turned out to be the sweetest little thing I love her to death!

On the other hand I could tell you a few breeds I'm not especially fond of....anything that fits in a purse :laugh: I like em big a fluffy
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    German Shepherds are my favorite.

Last October, after my wife talked about it for years, I finally bought her a yorkshire terrier for her birthday. I never liked small dogs, always thought they were dumb and barked too much, but I must admit she has really grown on me. Drives the wife crazy that she likes me more than her. :smile:
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I want a boxer. I am currently looking for one!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    We have Gethin, Patterdale Terrier (sadly the JRT in this pic had to be rehomed when my daughter was born cos he was a bit 'bitey'):

DSCF0473.jpg

And Pip, my Border Collie, sheepdog in training in front of his kennel/mess that he has created:

8539571658_5cb87e4d28.jpg[