Size 0

Options
1234568»

Replies

• bbg67
    bbg67 Posts: 4
    Options
    the answer is very simple:

if you have a small frame, then chances are you'll be a size zero or even double zero, and be totally healthy

if you have a medium frame, well maybe at very low body fat percentages, or maybe with vanity sizing, but whatever you do, don't stress about it, you'll look just as good at the size that's right for you

if you have a large frame, then maybe if you die and after your flesh rots away, someone will be able to cram your skeletal remains into a size zero outfit, but they might have to flatten your rib cage and squash your shoulders up a bit in order to do so. (or alternatively just understand that you'll look just as good at a low body fat percentage as anyone else, and what actual size clothes you wear don't matter)

Meh. I have a large frame (measured multiple times at various locations). I have size 11 feet (female) and my wrist bone was 6.75 inches at my lowest weight (100 pounds at 5'5"). I was able to fit into a 00, even with a large frame. But I didn't get there even remotely healthy. I was able to get there though - without being forced to cram my skeleton into it. :wink:
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My boss weighs about 100 lbs (for real she is tiny) and she is in a 1. She struggles to maintain her weight and has other health issues besides a crazy metabolism. Don't worry about the zero and get in a size that makes whoever you want to say rrraawrrr :)

For me that a size 3 no pocket rockets :) Sighhhh I think they might be dry rotted by now LOL
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

if you have a small frame, then chances are you'll be a size zero or even double zero, and be totally healthy

if you have a medium frame, well maybe at very low body fat percentages, or maybe with vanity sizing, but whatever you do, don't stress about it, you'll look just as good at the size that's right for you

if you have a large frame, then maybe if you die and after your flesh rots away, someone will be able to cram your skeletal remains into a size zero outfit, but they might have to flatten your rib cage and squash your shoulders up a bit in order to do so. (or alternatively just understand that you'll look just as good at a low body fat percentage as anyone else, and what actual size clothes you wear don't matter)

Meh. I have a large frame (measured multiple times at various locations). I have size 11 feet (female) and my wrist bone was 6.75 inches at my lowest weight (100 pounds at 5'5"). I was able to fit into a 00, even with a large frame. But I didn't get there even remotely healthy. I was able to get there though - without being forced to cram my skeleton into it. :wink:

based on my current chest measurements, skinfold at my ribs, current body fat percentage, and the fact my ribs stick out when I flex or raise my arms above my head, I'd say my actual rib cage is probably about a size 4-6 (USA sizes) currently. No idea whether it would shrink much if I starved myself half to death, it possibly would, but I have no intention whatsoever of finding out lol

Also, wrist width, shoe size and height don't necessarily correlate with frame size. I'm 5'1", size 3 feet (albeit very wide so I can't actually fit in women's shoes at all, they're either too long or too narrow) and have a large frame, my shoulder circumference is only 3 inches smaller than my husband's who's 5'11, and my rib cage as I said is really big (and it's not fat, Jackson pollack 4 site puts me at 20% body fat; accumeasure at 22%) my wrist size says I have a large frame, but only just. My lean body mass is about 101 (103 if Jackson Pollack is to be believed) which is in the healthy BMI range for my height. And I'm a novice at lifting (can't even squat my bodyweight yet :sad: though obviously I'm working hard to rectify that!!!)

I was being tongue in cheek about the skeleton thing :flowerforyou:... it's more about the fact that damaging your body in pursuit of a particular size is not going to make you look good or be healthy, and that some people do not have the bone structure to be that thin without doing something drastically unhealthy in the process. And ALSO that small framed people can get into much smaller sizes without damaging themselves at all in the process.
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sizes, particularly in the US have SO MUCH variance. I have a size 0 skirt from last year (lowest weight) that still just about fits me even now, at 140ish lbs and 5'7. I also have a size 6 skirt that is now too tight. I have a large frame, and at my lowest weight, size 2 jeans would fall off me (I couldn't find 0s anywhere - but I assume they would have fit). But it was in no way healthy, and my doctor told me I may become permanently infertile if I tried to maintain at that weight. So yes, size 0 is attainable, but the more effort it takes someone to get there, the less likely it is that it's healthy for them.
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0. I started 2 years ago at 152 lbs and am now 116. I am 5'2". I have always been petite, but 1.5 years ago I gained an enormous amount of weight eating tons of sugar. I mean tons! I cut sugar and stuck to a vegan diet (I was lacto-ovo at the time of my weight gain) and have kept off the weight without any exercise efforts. I am not rail thin, I'm just not built that way. I eat 1500 cal a day (I would guess...rarely log anymore). I am just small framed. Many others my height and size are 105-110 lbs. i would look sick at that weight.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    Im not talking about people who are naturally a size 0 or naturally that way im taking about overweight people getting to a size 0 how do they really do that,?

not everyone can be a size 0. even some of the fittest athletes aren't a size 0. your body shape, frame and muscle composition determines what your healthy size is. i'm 5'4 but given my body type (muscular and athletic), i can NEVER be a size 0 and be healthy. the only time i was a size 0 was when i was suffering from depression, didn't eat for 2yrs and was 108lbs. i was literally skin and bones, had zero muscle on me (my body had eaten through all of my muscle) and if you looked at my face, i looked like skeletor, no joke.

if you have a petite frame, then a size 0 is possible but if you're a medium build like me a size 0 is just not possible and "healthy".
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options

--->if you have a large frame, then maybe if you die and after your flesh rots away, someone will be able to cram your skeletal remains into a size zero outfit, but they might have to flatten your rib cage and squash your shoulders up a bit in order to do so. (or alternatively just understand that you'll look just as good at a low body fat percentage as anyone else, and what actual size clothes you wear don't matter)<---

LOL made me laugh.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Size numbers are completely arbitrary, as in they aren't connected to anything standard in between clothing brands or anything like that. So, some people may wear 0 in one thing, and a 4 in another. It depends on how something is cut. My best friend wears a zero at places that cuts hips really wide, and higher sizes elsewhere. No starving, it's just how we're built. Some people have larger frames, some people have smaller, and there's no "one way to be a size zero" or anything, because there isn't "one size zero."

Better off to focus on health, and no worry about sizes or the numbers because most of them don't mean jack squat.

I completely agree with this. Surprisingly, vanity sizing is a problem for men as well. Size 31 for example does not necessarily mean 31 inches. I found this out the hard way the last time I purchased a swim suit online. Its WAY too big around the waist.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Obviously, it isn't just the size of your frame. Even if you are very healthy, low body fat %, etc, there are still these things called boobs, that don't always shrink, or not dramatically, anyway, when you lose weight. And hips - some women have a pelvis that flares more than others. And musculature - there are women who tend do develop leaner, longer muscles. Then there are those that tend to develop shorter, bulkier muscles. Makes a difference.

I'm short, have a slightly larger than average chest that has never dieted or exercised away, am built like an hourglass and tend to build bulky muscle (for a woman). Seriously, I used to ice skate when I was a kid (6-12). Normal practice gave me thighs like the women speed skaters. It's possible that I could get to the point I could fit in a 0 these days and be healthy - depends on how vanity sizing has changed. At one point I was doing intense physical training and was my ideal weight and very fit. Those days, I fit in a 2.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0 and even when I put on 10 more pounds I can still fit in a size 0. 20 more pounds and I'll go to a size 4-6. But, I'm rather muscular and muscle weighs more than fat too. Sizes also depends on your shape, I had a skinny room mate that weighed less than me but I fit in smaller clothes than her. So don't judge the size just how you feel and how healthy you are at that particular size.
    I definitely do not eat only 300 cals either. I eat nothing less than 2000 cals a day.