Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    di-OBQH.jpg
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    Perhaps it is easy for some to simply say "just stop whining," but for the people that are working really hard and not seeing results, it can be extremely frustrating. We all have different bodies and different rates of loss. Some people even have additional medical reasons for not being able to lose weight as quickly, no matter how hard they work. It's not easy to put in 100% and not see a return. If you don't like what you read, just move on and focus on your own life.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it is easy for some to simply say "just stop whining," but for the people that are working really hard and not seeing results, it can be extremely frustrating. We all have different bodies and different rates of loss. Some people even have additional medical reasons for not being able to lose weight as quickly, no matter how hard they work. It's not easy to put in 100% and not see a return. If you don't like what you read, just move on and focus on your own life.

Whiz Bang... you missed the point.

They asked for advice. Then boo-hoo'd when people gave it to them.
  • carolineo36
    Options
    I'm not sure what it is today, but I'm rather sick of the Whiners today. "I've been exercising and dieting for 2 months and I've only lost X pounds". Well, guess what? It took you 2 months to gain that amount of fat- but you want it to go away faster? STOP WHINING.

People give you constructive criticism, but you wanted soft and fluffy bull$hit? STOP WHINING.

Have you checked your bloodwork before you started this journey and then again now 2 months later to see the changes going on INSIDE your body? No? STOP WHINING.

How about instead of measuring the scale, you throw that piece of crap out your window and buy a scale (or get professionally measured) for body fat percentage instead? Or take measurements with a good old fashioned tape measure? No? STOP WHINING.

Sorry... needed to vent. Carry on.
    Stop whining about other peoples whining.

Direct and wonderful advice! :)
  • lynn413
    lynn413 Posts: 40
    Options
    Suddenly I feel guilty for whining about not being able to poop after taking narcotics the last few weeks during my recovery from brain surgery.

Not really, sometimes we've just got to whine, but it should clearly never, ever be in regards to weight loss.

OMG!! I was like, you poor thing!! And then I saw the bottom... hahahahahaha

People will whine about anything. I'm guilty too... difference is I whine and move on to wine. :drinker: Kidding!!

Just to clarify I don't feel guilty about whining, but I really did have brain surgery and I really can't poop.

Ah, its the pain killers. Hydrocodone? Does it every time. Lots of water, fiber, maybe a stool softener, but definitely NOT a laxative. An avocado might help as well. Don't let it go too long, or you can have permanent damage. A call to your dr office might be a good idea as well.
  • lynn413
    lynn413 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm not sure what it is today, but I'm rather sick of the Whiners today. "I've been exercising and dieting for 2 months and I've only lost X pounds". Well, guess what? It took you 2 months to gain that amount of fat- but you want it to go away faster? STOP WHINING.

People give you constructive criticism, but you wanted soft and fluffy bull$hit? STOP WHINING.

Have you checked your bloodwork before you started this journey and then again now 2 months later to see the changes going on INSIDE your body? No? STOP WHINING.

How about instead of measuring the scale, you throw that piece of crap out your window and buy a scale (or get professionally measured) for body fat percentage instead? Or take measurements with a good old fashioned tape measure? No? STOP WHINING. oh eff off already...what are you, perfect??...geeze...talk about whinning...why would you care anyway??...you dont have to read anyone else's whine..noone makes you....geeze what a prat...go get a life

Sorry... needed to vent. Carry on.

that came out weird...what I was saying was stop your bloody whinging...who cares that you dont like people whinning...heck..you are pretty good at it yourself...but of course YOU arnt 'whinning'..you just have an opinion...gqg gag...yuck!!

I agree with you Chat!!!!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options

I wouldn't waste the mental energy on any of that. There are more important things to be concerned with.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    This post is full of #winning
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you who doesn't whine. Ranulph Feinnes. No; faced with the small Inconvenience of frostbite on one hand after an Arctic expedition, he toddled off to his garden shed and sawed the tops of his fingers off.

......which makes all the rest of you lightweights ;-)
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with IWTBFCIN3! I AM brand new to MFP!! Just started this last Wednesday. So far, I have been overwhelmed with how nice and supportive everyone has been. Then I read this post and couldn't believe it?! Yes, whining gets to all of us sometimes, but isn't the entire purpose of this website to support, not judge, our fellow men and women who are in the exact same boat as us, granted some have more and some have less to lose. But I find it hard to believe that any of us have NEVER had a day that we got frustrated or wondered why we didn't lose more than we did? Sometimes maybe we need to take a break from reading all the posts, or trying to fix everyone's problems. Just my thoughts . . . Compassion goes a lot farther than negative criticism.
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options

No, I really didn't miss the point. That's the excuse justifying this whine about "whiners." Give me a break. If people who won't take advice are really the problem, vent about that!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^ well if people didnt take advice and then kept it to themselves then there would be no complaint. problem is when people don't take advice, usually the problem persists, and then so does their frustration which inevitably manifests as vocalizing it again and sometimes again and again...whining.

whining present participle of whine (Verb)
    Verb
    1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    2. Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

I think the word whine here in OP's post is used in a metaphorical sense meaning when the same complaint is heard over and over it becomes as grating as 1. and is definitely literally 2. So I will go on record as saying OP probably used the exact right word for what she seems to have meant.