Options

Replies

• Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1. Sarge
    2. 95 lbs at my lowest
    3. None (maintain at -85 lbs)
    4. If you have weight to lose, you have to work hard to lose it. Effort and discipline = success.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1. Hannah
    2. 22 pounds since last march
    3. 10 more to go

4. Regretting something you have done is better than regretting something you haven't done.
    Quit dreaming about it. Get off your butt and do it.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Name: Tracy
    Lost so far: 22 pounds since 1/7/13
    Still to go: 88
    Advice: Don't be intimidated to go to that class/gym. Yes, there will be some that look better than you and can do it better than you, but it always starts with a single step. If you can only walk 10 minutes, do it. If you can only lift 10 pounds, do it. You will get better if you keep going. (I worried a lot and then someone told me -- they are probably just happy that you are there or they are too busy with their own workouts to notice what you are doing).

And one more: Reward yourself in small increments...110 pounds is intimidating, but I got a new sports bra at 10 and a massage at 20. Looking forward to my pedicure at 30!! :flowerforyou:
  • Carnal_Desire
    Carnal_Desire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. Jessica
    2. Lost 10lbs so far.
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining? I want to lose about 100 more before I focus on maintaining.

4. Advice:

1. Your human.. Don't expect to be perfect, don't completely deprive yourself of things you like or you will end up failing. Instead, find alternatives. I love chocolate so as a "chocolate fix" I will drink a half of slimfast shake (using powder) That way I get my chocolate fix but it is not a complete setback. If I really want pepsi, I may allow myself a few drinks or even 4oz but I work it into my calorie amount or I don't do it.

2. Do not think of it as a diet, for it to last it has to be a lifestyle. Diets end but living and eating healthy is something
    that continues. As a rule, friends do not take diets seriously, "oh come on, you can have one or two and diet again tomorrow." but if you say I do not eat it because it is bad for my health, a real friend will not pressure you to do it anyway.
  • bkciddir
    bkciddir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with rewards. I think this is an awesome idea. I have 10.8 pounds to loose per month over the next year. So, when I attain my 10.8 pound goal each month, I reward myself. My first reward was a $10 water bottle. My second reward was a gym bag (at the gym I work out at). I have only been on my quest for 2 months, but I have lost 31 pounds. So, today I bought an extra reward for that extra 10 pounds I did not expect and I bought the CD - Imagine Dragons - Night Visions (LOVE IT). My rewards are only $10 each due to the 10 pound weight loss. I love your rewards though. Next month, our gym has towels (to wipe off the sweat). I thought I would buy one next month when I reach my goal of 10.8 pounds. I love the gym I go to and I love my energy and happiness, just seeing the scale go down each week. I never thought I could do this, my moto was that I was fat and happy. Boy, was I wrong. I was fat and miserable. This small weight loss has been such a great insperation to myself. Today I was on cloud nine with my 2 pound weight loss since yesterday.
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. Name
    2. how much weight you have lost so far
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining?

Hi!
    1. I am Jolene
    2. I have lost 11.6 lbs
    3. I have at least another 43 lbs to go (not sure where I want to end up)

Nice to meet you!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Tricia
    2. I've lost 113 pounds
    3. I still would like to lose between 13 and 33 more pounds

4. Advice: Don't give up! <3
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. Cindy
    2. 18 pounds till April weigh in ( I'm on the March leave the scale alone challenge)
    3. Still want to lose 162 more pounds

4.Learn as much as you can about weight loss and getting healthy about nutrition about exercise ,read all you can , watch vids the more you learn the more you know give yourself the tools to help you change what you haven't been doing.
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Crystal
    2. I have lost 86 pounds
    3. I want to lose 50 more
    4. The best advice I can give is to surround yourself with people with a similar goal as yours. I work with some wonderful, supportive women who joined me in eating healthy and losing weight. Two of them are members here!! :)
  • missalica
    missalica Posts: 12
    Options
    1. My Name is Alison
    2. I have lost 30 pounds
    3. I want to lose at least another 50
    4. This is a lifestyle change not a diet, make it your life, find others to share recipes and walks with, make it your norm.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Paige is my name
    I have lost 49 pounds
    I have 89 more to go
    Don't ever forget to log something. Log what you eat and log what you do. Even if you aren't as proud of yourself that day, be proud.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    1. Marly
    2. 23 pounds
    3. I'd like to lose another 50
    4. Give it time! Slow and steady wins the race.
  • sherrihuntsmith
    sherrihuntsmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Sherri. I just joined today. I have 100lbs to lose. I have been walking with a friend for two weeks. This is the start of our third week. I was in shock when I totaled my calories today. I am now on my 4th glass of water.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My name is Ryan
    I've lost 26 pounds
    I dont know how much more I want to lose. Maybe 5-10 pds
    Its not about the the number but how I feel.
  • lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    Lily
    41 lbs
    Another 40 lbs

Its 70% food and 30% excersize. Its mostly about what you put in your mouth. Watch your portions, cut out the crap, be treat wize, drink 2-3 litres of water a day, mind your carbs, slow release carbs are way better for you than heavy, stodgy carbs!

'It's not a sprint, its a marathon'!!
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Pangy
    2. how much weight you have lost so far? 11lbs
    3. How much you still want to lose, or are you maintaining?60lbs
    4.. Best single piece of advice you would give people just starting out. if you eat it,, weigh it. and write it down.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1: Julie
    2: lost 30 pounds so far with about 40 to go.
    3: best advice is eat more to loose more and don't cut out the bad things. things I eat EVERYTHING and am loosing. If you wouldn't live your life without it, don't cut it. Fit it into your life.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    1. Hi my name is April
    2. I have lost 51 pounds since November 2009
    3. I would like to lose another 78 pounds :)

4. ALWAYS REMEMBER it took time to put the extra weight on, it is going to take a while to take it off! Have patience and don't stop just because you hit a road block.... you just need to re-adjust what you are doing to get your body kicked into gear again... as you lose your body makes many adjustments so you have to adjust with it!!!!

Good luck to all, make sure that you have some great cheerleaders, and if you need some add me! :glasses:
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1. Rachel
    2. lost 4 LBS so far, just started back
    3. 96 LBS to go to hit goal weight

4. Eat something you love every so often so you don't go crazy and fall off the wagon. :wink:
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    1. Shiloh
    2. 140 pounds lost (16 since starting MFP)
    3. Don't really have a set goal in mind- I'll know when I get there.
    4. You have to want it, and you need to understand and lose any emotional attachments you have to food. It is nourishment. It is not your friend, it is not your enemy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!