Cardio doesn't burn fat!!!

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If you need cardio do it, but make no bones its not required to burn fat, simply to allow more headroom for calories if you need it or to scalp a few extra off on top.

Anyone care to guess how much cardio Yo does to look like this?

yo1vc.jpg

65619366.jpg

yo3m.jpg

Please do not misinterpret me saying don't do it at all for health reasons, but for fat loss it is not the out and out magic bullet appear to think it may be.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If you need cardio do it, but make no bones its not required to burn fat, simply to allow more headroom for calories if you need it or to scalp a few extra off on top.

Anyone care to guess how much cardio Yo does to look like this?

yo1vc.jpg

65619366.jpg

yo3m.jpg

Please do not misinterpret me saying don't do it at all for health reasons, but for fat loss it is not the out and out magic bullet appear to think it may be.

Nothing is--which is why this is the Stupidest. Argument. Ever.

Thank god only 57 comments more to lock.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    and pauline nordine apparently does 90 mins of cardio a day 6 days a week to keep her 15% (or is it 10?) body fat (along with lifting heavy *kitten* weights)
    http://www.cutandjacked.com/Fighter-Diet-Pauline-Nordin

scr2_Pauline.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    wait! wha? bump for later when not so tired.
  • Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love lamp.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Not worth it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I do bof. I like dem.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    176328_7719_thumb.jpg

Aweessoommeee a talking dog!!

Hey Mr. talking dog what ever happened to white dog poop? Ya just don't see it anymore..
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnkBr7QPrN5iqR2PJi584iKnJ7GikXaFG_eyPq-F2KdZwIKgZJ
  • SwimFan1981
    Options
    176328_7719_thumb.jpg

Hey Mr. talking dog what ever happened to white dog poop? Ya just don't see it anymore..

So 80's! gotta love white dog ****.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Rutroh, someone posted female bodybuilders. This is where the body shaming usually starts in these threads.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    176328_7719_thumb.jpg

So 80's! gotta love white dog ****.
    :laugh:
  • krystalbanda1982
    Options
    LOL GOOD ONE!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 stone (70lbs) through cardio, my BF% reduced from 40% to 25%. It worked for me :bigsmile:
    How much of that was muscle?
    Here, this probably better illustrates it.
    fatlost_chart.png
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow, yet another "You're doing it wrong, I'm doing it right" thread.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of cardio each day, and i have lost 65ish pounds since september, so... the cardio must be doing something... im wearing normal size clothing now...
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    firstly, I hate exercise! I hate getting sore muscles. I hate that doing it screws up my weigh ins. I hate that it hurts my lungs. I hate that it makes me sweaty and uncomfortable. I hate that I've got to push harder every week to burn as much. I hate that sound of my heart beat in my ears and that my lungs ache. I generally hate exercising.
    BUT
    I love challenging myself. I love the way it was defining my body before I stopped doing it. I love the deficit it gives and how healthy it makes me feel so I endure on.

I wish to burn 10 calories a minute and I simply cant do that safely with weight training. So to force myself to do what I hate to get to what I love then I must do cardio.

My simple logic
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    What most people don't know is that the MAJORITY of fat burn comes from low to NON activity. You do have to be in calorie deficit to reduce fat storage, but the body burns 60% of it's energy from fat while at rest.
    What ever you did during the day physically, usually was within 5 hours. Food consumption helps to replenish energy to comp for that.
    8+ hours of sitting/resting/sleeping is what burns the majority of body fat. TRUTH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What most people don't know is that the MAJORITY of fat burn comes from low to NON activity. You do have to be in calorie deficit to reduce fat storage, but the body burns 60% of it's energy from fat while at rest.
    What ever you did during the day physically, usually was within 5 hours. Food consumption helps to replenish energy to comp for that.
    8+ hours of sitting/resting/sleeping is what burns the majority of body fat. TRUTH.

IDEA Fitness member

Yay! So if I lay and watch tv for 2 hours before bed time, and then sleep an additional 6 hours, I'm golden?

Bring on the buttery popcorn and movie night ya'll! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yay! So if I lay and watch tv for 2 hours before bed time, and then sleep an additional 6 hours, I'm golden?

Lol, yeah the buttery popcorn would be the negator. But the rest is all good!

IDEA Fitness member
  • SwimFan1981
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

:laugh: