Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Why do Strong, Successful, Talented, Women intimidate Most Men.

Just an Observation i had found to be so true in my own life.

Why is this ??? Any thoughts???

Men, aren't. Boys, are.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Success and intimidation are 2 different things. A lot of times it's not success that's intimidating but the attitude of intimidation that a woman projects that is actually intimidating and meant to be that way, even if it's subconscious. Some women do this as a sort of defense mechanism, as if they're broadcasting a message that says "I'm not weak and vulnerable and you can't hurt me!" So the men pick up on that and it feels hard and unapproachable, unfeminine, so they automatically back off.

We're all just fancy animals doing what animals do. <--- I heard that quote in a movie not long ago. And it's true. I know that quote had to do with sex, which is a big part of it, but it's also about how we're being. We put off vibes and certain "scents" that others pick up on and react accordingly. We can fool ourselves and say it's the outer trappings that repel, but that's rarely the case. Mostly it's the attitude that we project.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Not a single English course teaching sentence structure, proper punctuation, and when to use title-case was needed to assume success in this thread's creation.

zzz

Seriously ? It`s a thread, not a essay.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    I work in business for one of the largest companies in the world.

Nothing sexier than a successful, confident woman!

I completely agree. I don`t think the nasty comments, and negative info is really needed. Just because it wasn`t written to someones` liking doesn`t mean that i have an undesirable in personality either.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    I wish you had put "most" in the title like you did in the preamble.

Sorry for that error...... Please forgive me.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My gf/ex/mind effer is on double my salary and it doesnt intimidate me one bit, I knew she had a career when we met, her drive to succeed caught my attention, I find it attractive
  • crawford4398
    Options
    My experience has been that women are more initimidated by/ jealous of other women's success. Also secaure and confident people (men or women rarely ever feel threatened.

I completely agree.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    This is why I have cut back on posting. It does not matter what you say-there are many who feel the need to personally attack you even if it is baseless. Men who measure their self worth based on income will be intimidated if you make more.
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

Stereo Typing was not the Plan !

I am 33, my experiences have been more than A FEW.

Just looking for feed back. If you don`t have any useful feed back, its OKAY not to respond. Thanks.

Yes most likely the case. Thanks
  • crawford4398
    Options
    My gf/ex/mind effer is on double my salary and it doesnt intimidate me one bit, I knew she had a career when we met, her drive to succeed caught my attention, I find it attractive

That`s Awesome.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    I am the opposite I suppose. I want a girl that is successful. I have 2 degrees and am going back for more. I plan on being a Psychiatrist within the next 8 years or so... so I would like a woman that takes pride in education as well as her job because I'm not looking to just support someone who doesn't want to do anything with their life.... just sayin.

Yes, Awesome. There is no need to assume i am unpleasant just because i a successful career.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Bahahahaha, Well i didnt mean your Boss, i meant your Girl, or Possible girl.

Men get all indifferent once they find out a few things about me which include Income, Talents, Goals i have Checked off as complete.

I hate when this happens,
    Perhaps it's only the men you are attracted to. Some guys like successful, intelligent, strong women, so find one of them. You don't need to date or marry most guys. So why does it matter if the other 3 or so billion aren't interested? :wink:

Great comment.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    OP, may I ask what your career is?
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Meh... nothing intimidates a well-hung man. ;)

Sweet !
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Only insecure ones are...
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My exhusband definitely is. he tried to sabatoge my efforts to finish my degree, and told me that I never finish anything I start and that I'm a failure when I decided to improve my fitness.

Now he only gets to see me MAYBE once a week and a few weeks ago he said "wow did your thighs get smaller?" and all I could think was "yep and you're never touching them again."

Right before we split I told him I was joining the kids' taekwondo class, he laughed at me. I've been in long enough to pass 4 belt tests and I've noticed he keeps his distance from me now more than he did before.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The premise isn't true. Its a myth created by train wrecks to justify why no one likes them.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Nice brag thread op.

Brag thread ?? Not at all.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    OP, may I ask what your career is?

I am Salon Owner / Operator in the Atlanta area. That`s just my day job.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Jaguar, and I don't work. No problem having men fall in love with me. Maybe you're missing something they like?
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Your day job? This just keeps getting better. I'm sorry, but yes your lack of grammar is a huge red flag.