Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    They always wanna be on top eaaaahhh...

Being on top has it's perks.

I'd let you be on top...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    They always wanna be on top eaaaahhh...

Being on top has it's perks.

I'd let you be on top...

Ah, but for how long?
  • AlanTuring
    AlanTuring Posts: 159
    Options
    I've seen plenty of guys act like insecure ****s around women who were more successful than they are, and all of the attempts to rationalize it away and pretend that it never happens are pretty hilarious, in a really sad way. :(
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Best part of this thread? OP suddenly isn't single.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I haven't read the responses but I find that usually the women that say this are the ones who think they're superior and then attribute a man's lack of interest to intimidation. :yawn:

I have a doctorate and a very successful career. I don't experience men as intimidated by my success but maybe it's because I'm not ranking people, and they can sense that I respect them.

That's a good point. I've known people like what you describe, with a subtle or not so subtle superiority thinking going on, and then what they tend to see is a confirmation of their biased attitude. They tend to see what they look to find.

Oh Snap! All of THIS!
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Best part of this thread? OP suddenly isn't single.

Not Suddenly.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've seen plenty of guys act like insecure ****s around women who were more successful than they are, and all of the attempts to rationalize it away and pretend that it never happens are pretty hilarious, in a really sad way. :(

Exactly.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    women are not succesful so it does not matter.

:laugh: Bell end.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am sure Freud would say it is related to potty training or Oedipal issues. More likely they are intimidated because they have low self-esteem or small appendages. Or perhaps the women are just bitches.  Who the hell cares.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    edited.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    I am sure Freud would say it is related to potty training or Oedipal issues. More likely they are intimidated because they have low self-esteem or small appendages. Or perhaps the women are just bitches.  Who the hell cares.

I thought she cared because she was single and having dating issues. But she is not. :drinker: Phew.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Well crap. The quoting isn't working. Sorry.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well...have you met "most men"? I think not.:smile:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

Stereo Typing was not the Plan !

I am 33, my experiences have been more than A FEW.

Just looking for feed back. If you don`t have any useful feed back, its OKAY not to respond. Thanks.

This is a public forum. It IS OKAY for someone to post anything that may not be the response you don't want to hear.

And unless you've met and dated 100% of all the men in the world, at least in present day - what you asked is generalizing a group of people.

Mostly Likely so, However it wasn`t meant that way , The post had nothing i didnt want to hear, it just wasn`t advice at all.

I am 53, and probably have more experience. The advice was there in my question by implication. If you approach men with this expectation, they will sense the walls you have up, and react to them. That's not to say that some men don't have such fragile egos that they won't be intimidated, but you will have better luck if you do your best to erase that expectation when you are dealing with men.

Oh Absolutely True!!

Just try rolling up in Jaguar to meet your lunch date, as he steps out of his Taurus, Not much has to be said. He is done!

I just caught this post.

Oddly enough, I just recently sold my Taurus. Chances are I wouldn't have been rolling up for a date in it (though I have in the past). More likely on my bike.

But you're wrong about the 'He's done' part...unless she's the one that ends it due to the family car I happened to be driving.

Her loss.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha, Well i didnt mean your Boss, i meant your Girl, or Possible girl.

Men get all indifferent once they find out a few things about me which include Income, Talents, Goals i have Checked off as complete.

I hate when this happens,

I'm not intimidated or turned off by successful women. In fact, quite the opposite. What I am turned off by is arrogant, snobbish women who blame their lack of a successful relationship on their success and others' perceived discomfort with that success... instead of just realizing that it's their awful/demanding/condescending personality which is the real culprit.

(Please don't read too much into this. I don't know you from Eve and am NOT making a judgement about you.)

Very well said. While reading through the comments I keep finding myself thinking, "Maybe it's perception." OP, I don't know you, and you may not think that you flaunt your success...but maybe the men you meet think that you do. But people will perceive what they want to...and first impressions are hard to change. I hope you can find what you're looking for out there.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize many men still were? I think when people don't like you the way you want them to or give you the respect you think you deserve, it's easy to say they're jealous or intimidated. Maybe he's just not that into you.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Men who are comfortable with themselves usually aren't.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Its a turn on. Successful women are hot.

But here is my gripe. When I am out on a date, I do not want to talk about work, nor do I want to check my work phone constantly every few minutes. So thats where I draw the line. I have worked in very important jobs and not many people can say they have achieved more, so if I am able to turn it off for a date, the woman should be able to do so too.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's a fact: women are intimidated by men who are unemployed and live with their parents.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    It's a fact: women are intimidated by men who are unemployed and live with their parents.

and short. do not forget short.