Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Jaguar, and I don't work. No problem having men fall in love with me. Maybe you're missing something they like?

Oh? What do you have that they like?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^don't have a Jaguar (bought myself a truck instead) and don't work either. Had three contenders when I got this hubby all great guys, all hero types so definitely the strong types. I concur with the above poster. In my experience men have never asked me to send/email/text pic's of my Jaguar or my job. Just sayin'.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Jaguar, and I don't work. No problem having men fall in love with me. Maybe you're missing something they like?

An incredible level of intelligence, personality, compassion, empathy, generosity, beauty...

...would you like me to continue?

Miss etoiles_argentees is a catch.

Period.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

An incredible level of intelligence, personality, compassion, empathy, generosity, beauty...

Period.

That is awesome. When you got it you got it. :drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Period.

Thanks , love. xo!
  • jonnythan
    Options

By all means.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Who said i was single ?

After all, this is just a thread topic.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You need to throw "tall" and "beautiful" in there too. Another few things that make some men run, hide and possibly pee their pants. go figure, LOL....... there are confident men out there who can handle all of this and more. I come home to one every night :bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Period.

Thanks , love. xo!

Just truth hun :).
  • crisanderson27
    Options

By all means.

If you couldn't figure it out from the little I wrote...a more in depth explanation won't be worth the effort lol.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You need to throw "tall" and "beautiful" in there too. Another few things that make men run, hide and possibly pee their pants. go figure, LOL....... there are confident men out there who can handle all of this and more. I come home to one every night :bigsmile:

maybe it's just the "tall". I'm short and some men have called me that other word and I've never seen a man pee his pants. It's been rare that they run too. Hide, only comes after getting to know me, lol!
  • jonnythan
    Options

By all means.

If you couldn't figure it out from the little I wrote...a more in depth explanation won't be worth the effort lol.

You asked, so I figured I'd answer :P
  • crisanderson27
    Options

By all means.

You asked, so I figured I'd answer :P

Lol, true. Rhetorical question, tone versus text =p.
    You need to throw "tall" and "beautiful" in there too. Another few things that make men run, hide and possibly pee their pants. go figure, LOL....... there are confident men out there who can handle all of this and more. I come home to one every night :bigsmile:

maybe it's just the "tall". I'm short and some men have called me that other word and I've never seen a man pee his pants. It's been rare that they run too. Hide, only comes after getting to know me, lol!

For me, the height thing is a matter of ergonomics, rather than intimidation lol. I'm not a tall man, 5'7ish plus. Standing on tip toes to kiss a 5'11" girl is...awkward. Picking up a 5'1" girl to kiss me however, is perfectly natural.

And then she can bend BOTH her legs :).
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Period.

x2
  • saddleless
    saddleless Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Men aren't intimidated by successful women...but little boys are. :laugh:

Definitely true :)
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    Miss etoiles_argentees needs to share her secrets to success with making menz fall in love.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I haven't read the responses but I find that usually the women that say this are the ones who think they're superior and then attribute a man's lack of interest to intimidation. :yawn:

I have a doctorate and a very successful career. I don't experience men as intimidated by my success but maybe it's because I'm not ranking people, and they can sense that I respect them.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I haven't read the responses but I find that usually the women that say this are the ones who think they're superior and then attribute a man's lack of interest to intimidation. :yawn:

I have a doctorate and a very successful career. I don't experience men as intimidated by my success but maybe it's because I'm not ranking people, and they can sense that I respect them.

This. Supah is beautiful, educated, and successful. Yet she isnt intimidating at all because she doesn't throw any of that in people's faces. She is down to earth, friendly, and (lol) humble. So if you are thinking men are "intimidated" by you, then you probably have a personality flaw.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

That's a good point. I've known people like what you describe, with a subtle or not so subtle superiority thinking going on, and then what they tend to see is a confirmation of their biased attitude. They tend to see what they look to find.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    They always wanna be on top eaaaahhh...

Being on top has it's perks.