Why are men intimidated by Succecssful Women ?

Options

Replies

• michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I really don't struggle with that so this is just a guess. Men are competitive by nature and are always seeking to conquer something. (Some men have been able to conquer this more base part of their nature) A successful woman means one of two things to those who haven't conquered it. 1) She has risen further than he and he feels defeated by her and is therefore intimidated, or 2) She has risen above him but he will not take defeat lying down so he sees her as something to be conquered.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Well many men want to be "the boss". I was fortunate enough to find a man who is actually very attracted to strong women (he greatly admires Margaret Thatcher, Condeleeza Rice, etc.), we have been married almost 30 years. He says I challenge him to be a better person. He is SECURE enough to not be THREATENED by a strong, successful woman. Instead he is PROUD that I chose him for my husband.

This is Awesome !!
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

Stereo Typing was not the Plan !

I am 33, my experiences have been more than A FEW.

Just looking for feed back. If you don`t have any useful feed back, its OKAY not to respond. Thanks.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Successful woman turn me on and if they make more money and need a personal assistant /manslave thats cool too lol

Hahahaha...I'm successful, independent, smart and I do need a manslave/personal trainer/chef! I have a big empty house too...I'm taking applications ;)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I think you are generalizing , I for one have a Stong and very successful wife. She was a bank branch Manager and her strength has helped motivate me to achieve more with my career to the point that she choose to stay home with our child. Keep looking and you will find a guy who will admire you for your strengths.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    Perhaps to be afraid of not being "enough" or "afraid" of not meeting some "expectations"..

Whose Face is on this Ticker ??? LOL
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys want to be the hero and save the princess. If you are already successful and powerful, you don't need to be saved. You don't need a hero.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    I think you are generalizing , I for one have a Stong and very successful wife. She was a bank branch Manager and her strength has helped motivate me to achieve more with my career to the point that she choose to stay home with our child. Keep looking and you will find a guy who will admire you for your strengths.

Awesome !
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask questions that stereotype the attitudes and behaviors of an entire group because of a few experiences they've had?

Just looking for feed back. If you don`t have any useful feed back, its OKAY not to respond. Thanks.

This is a public forum. It IS OKAY for someone to post anything that may not be the response you don't want to hear.

And unless you've met and dated 100% of all the men in the world, at least in present day - what you asked is generalizing a group of people.
  • crawford4398
    Options
    A lot of guys want to be the hero and save the princess. If you are already successful and powerful, you don't need to be saved. You don't need a hero.

Well that just bites !!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Why do Strong, Successful, Talented, Women intimidate Most Men.

Because those men have small penises.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It can happen with bosses as well. Many men see themselves as the protector of the woman... The provider. It is most likely a sociological thing in many cultures as they have evolved over time. As others have said, not all men are this way. Many more traditional men are. Sometimes too, men who are also A-Personality types who are career driven may see it as a turn off in that they may have certain career goals themselves and if they pursue a relationship with you then these career paths may interfer with one another... one example of this has to do job mobility.

The man that is right for you, will not be that way though. It is all in finding the right person for you. If it is any consolation, this is one of those things that is changing as the woman's place in the work force becomes better established and societal norms change. Perhaps 50 years or so from now, we will find that it will be far less this way than it is now.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    No idea. I am not overly successful. But I have a huge rack. *shrug*
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Perhaps to be afraid of not being "enough" or "afraid" of not meeting some "expectations"..

Whose Face is on this Ticker ??? LOL

I could definitely see this as an issue with some.
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options

Maybe her "figurative" penis is bigger? Lol
  • crawford4398
    Options

This is a public forum. It IS OKAY for someone to post anything that may not be the response you don't want to hear.

And unless you've met and dated 100% of all the men in the world, at least in present day - what you asked is generalizing a group of people.

Mostly Likely so, However it wasn`t meant that way , The post had nothing i didnt want to hear, it just wasn`t advice at all.
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options

I can't speak for any other man, but to me a huge rack represents a nurturing, loving woman.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think this is becoming less and less the case. I was chosen because I was a badazz as he describes me. i guess that was a prerequisite for eventually staying home and doing nothing but MFP all day? wha? :noway:
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Same difference :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Maybe her "figurative" penis is bigger? Lol

A lady never comments about the size of her figurative Penis. She lets the capitalization do the work for her.