Is it wrong for me to go out with someone younger?

Options

Replies

• perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No, not in the least. You are liking the person for who they are, not their age. I'm 30 and the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with is 46, but it didn't work that way. I wouldn't trade my life, but thinking about him makes my heart skip a beat.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    nope who cares. You are happy, she is happy.

Nothing else really matter.s
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't matter, unless one of the people is under 18.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    no, age shouldn't matter if you enjoy each others company. I'd possibly consider dating a 48 year old....
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with knowing what you want...as long as you aren't breaking any laws, go find your happiness.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    OP: would bang.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Why should you feel bad? Age is just a number.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, in very good shape and I find it hard to go out with women my own age. I want to be with someone who is like me, they need to have energy, athletic and in shape. I know this sounds bad, but I keep on dropping the age limit to find someone compatible, I've dropped it down to 30 now (that is as low as I will go). So, should I feel bad about this?

:sad: Damn. I'm too old for you by 12 years. Oh well, I'm not available anyway. :wink:

:noway: 48??? Wow. You look great. :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No, as long as your dating someone for the right reasons, if they want the same things as you there's no reason no to date someone younger. I'm 35 and if something happened to my husband (also 35) I think I would date someone older, active, and stable.
  • alzjunkyard
    alzjunkyard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with dating someone younger so long as they are over 25 (fully matured!) and age isn't the only criteria you are looking for. Have fun with your active lifestyle! I would only think twice about it if you have children that are close to that age. That might make for awkward family interactions.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I think it should be more about compatibility....that's the truth.

and as long as they over the legal limit and you are compatible why not? I think most people say date within your age range because for MOST people that would create a higher statistical probability of compatibility (same generational experiences, same cultural comfort zones, same age related instances) however that is not true for everyone.

I date younger. It just happened that way. He's about 7 years younger and it's funny, because when we go out everyone assumes *I* am the young one and he's cradle robbing.

LOLOLOL....

but we have a high level of compatibility, we have the same humor, like the same social experiences, we both like being moderately active, he lifts, I've started lifting, he LOVES sex and can keep up with my constant need for it.

so yeah....do what suits you, not what suits everyone else.

as long as it's socially responsible and legal that is.
  • ExNihil0
    ExNihil0 Posts: 60
    Options
    Trolling for compliments??? Date whoever the F@$# you want!!
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Not at all...I think that sometimes age is such a big deal for people that they lose sight of what might make them happy. If you have more things in common with younger women then go for it....life is too short to wonder what if...find your happy place =) lol
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    There's something about a well seasoned man....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No, but I think it's odd you are looking for anyone based on age *shrug* But that's just me.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me who you date...

... but FYI older chicks know "stuff".
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If it works and makes you happy then why not? With the exception of under 18 I wouldn't see a problem, some girls mature faster than others and have different mind sets when it comes to where they are in their lives. It's all about what works for you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me who you date...

... but FYI older chicks know "stuff".

Wanna share my pickle?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Go for it. My man is 7yrs older than me. Now I do tease his *kitten* and call him old fart every now and then... lol. But my man is fine and fit and will be like that for as long as he has control of his life. So make sure you keep that body young for your lady. (both my man and I agreed it goes both ways; yes, we're superficial like that!)
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My cousin is married to a guy that is 30 years older than her. He's 2 years older than her Dad. But they've been married 12 years and couldn't be happier.