What makes a girl intimidating?

Options

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    im extremely talkative but rarely if ever do not make the first move

yesterday at the gym there were only two ellipticals left when me and a very lovely woman both went to them. she looked at me and said, ok which one do you want.

my mind said, say well its a very well known rule in life that extremely good looking people get first choice....so i will take that one.

instead i think i sounded like charlie browns teacher and nodded at the one closest to me

LOL its funny how in ur head and what happens in reality are so different

Happens all the time when talking to women, you can aim to sound Christian Greyish, Romeo, or just rely on our charm and good looks, and we end up sounding and looking like a dribbling jack the ripper lol!

Honestly, for me I suppose its the fear of rejection, if I don't ask you can't reject me! and thats a win in my mind lol!

Christian Greyish......that's hot!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    kneesocks.......just sayin........
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @nyssalynne
    I find that covering myself with spikes and leather is a good way to keep the boys at bay. And the ones that aren't intimidated by that are exactly the kind of guy I'd like to get to know.

Me too :)

My quote wasn't working but in response to this...

<digging out goth gear> lol
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options

Well I wasn't intimdated by you before... now..
  • nyssalynne
    Options
    I think a common trend here is that shy and/or tall girls come off as intimidating. I have been told many times by guys that I am intimidating and that is why they don't approach me. But they can never tell me WHY they thought I was intimidating. At my age it is hard for most to believe that I have only had drinks bought for me a few times in my life. I don't purposely attempt to appear intimidating so I think it is just my shyness and being a bit tall for a woman. To counteract this I hardly ever wear heels, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can't change my inherent shyness in social situations.

Guys, what is the worst that can happen? A woman says she is involved with someone? Or not interested? Some men act like that is the worst thing in the world but what if that girl you are afraid to approach is the perfect match for you? Now you've lost the opportunity to meet by not talking to her. I bet most of the women you think are unapproachable or intimidating are just waiting for someone to talk to them.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Not typically intimated approaching a female. I actually find it a challenge to approach one that gives off the "I'm too good to talk to you vibe"

Shouldn't be such of a game, but at times it is.

Why would you even want to approach a girl that gives off that vibe?!!?!?
    Im the queen of giving off that vibe. Im really shy and dont like embarrassing myself in public. If someone can break through my wall Im very friendly. Just because someone looks stuck up, doesnt mean they are.

Me too...I've been told I come off cold and snobby, but I'm really not. I'm just shy and it takes awhile for me to open up and be comfortable.
  • milf_n_cookies
    Options

Is it cause I kicked you in the other thread? :devil:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    pepper spray

please i dont use pepper spray i use a gun
  • nyssalynne
    Options
    @nyssalynne
    I find that covering myself with spikes and leather is a good way to keep the boys at bay. And the ones that aren't intimidated by that are exactly the kind of guy I'd like to get to know.

Me too :)

My quote wasn't working but in response to this...

<digging out goth gear> lol

I enjoy goth clothing with a splash of color. Call me unconventional. :)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The difference between confidence & cocky. Co dependent screams "RUN", but when a girl is overly self absorbed you have to ask yourself "is this really worth the drama?"

But if you find a woman who is approachable, yet confident. The fear of rejection is immediately outweighed by the want to be in her company.

that was sweet :flowerforyou:

I'm not a guy but I heard girls who travel in "packs" are much less likely to be approached.. I mean, they do want to speak to you, just not your entourage.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    The difference between confidence & cocky. Co dependent screams "RUN", but when a girl is overly self absorbed you have to ask yourself "is this really worth the drama?"

But if you find a woman who is approachable, yet confident. The fear of rejection is immediately outweighed by the want to be in her company.

that was sweet :flowerforyou:

I'm not a guy but I heard girls who travel in "packs" are much less likely to be approached.. I mean, they do want to speak to you, just not your entourage.

Very true, it is hard to approach a girl when there is 4 or more girls standing in a circle. So much easier when there is 2 or 3 girls relaxing and having fun. Guys fear rejection but guys fear rejection in front of 4 other girls a lot more.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I think a common trend here is that shy and/or tall girls come off as intimidating. I have been told many times by guys that I am intimidating and that is why they don't approach me. But they can never tell me WHY they thought I was intimidating. At my age it is hard for most to believe that I have only had drinks bought for me a few times in my life. I don't purposely attempt to appear intimidating so I think it is just my shyness and being a bit tall for a woman. To counteract this I hardly ever wear heels, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can't change my inherent shyness in social situations.

Guys, what is the worst that can happen? A woman says she is involved with someone? Or not interested? Some men act like that is the worst thing in the world but what if that girl you are afraid to approach is the perfect match for you? Now you've lost the opportunity to meet by not talking to her. I bet most of the women you think are unapproachable or intimidating are just waiting for someone to talk to them.

personally the worse thing a woman can do when i approach her is to for her to be strong enough to break the rope i tie her up with and escape from the trunk

other than that i agree with you
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So, its normal for guys to be afraid to approach a girl. Guys, just curious, what makes some girls more intimidating than others?

I have never been afraid. I will talk to anyone anywhere anytime. Its what I am striving to teach my son. Am I a flirt? Probably, but its harmless. I like to make people smile. I go out of my way to make women in general smile. In my life (35 years so far) I find that if you make them smile, even if for a minute, they will be more likely to respond. Beauty can be intimidating, but I have found that the more attractive someone is, the lonelier they are. Sure, they get a lot of attention, but how much of that is someone trying to get them in bed? Or just trying to make them smile?

THIS! I love that! I get told I am intimadating a lot! I don't get it. I guess I must look like a cocky crazy *****. If someone does talk to me they start with " you are so pretty." or something to that effect. I hate that! I don't respond well to that at all. That to me IS saying you just want to sleep with me. I have been single for 3 years. I have been trying to date but I HATE it. I ride and it bugs me when guys say " wow,cool. I am too scared to ride." I also like to go shooting and own my own firearms but if a guy says " I am scared of guns." It's such a turn off. As someone said before, having things in common makes it easier. I don't expect every guy to ride, but don't sound like a ***** and say you're scared!

*note to guys* The BIGGEST reason I turn guys down "due to looks." I like a clean shaven guy, or neatly trimmed. I do not like the wild man face! Also, BAD BREATH! So many guys have nasty yellow teeth and bad breath. YUCK! I take care of myself, you should too. It comes down to the small things..
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options

Yeah, pretty much, getting kicked with B**** socks will do that lol
  • milf_n_cookies
    Options

awwww :smooched: todays socks have Hello Kitty on them, less scary? LOL :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    caulk
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options

awwww :smooched: todays socks have Hello Kitty on them, less scary? LOL :flowerforyou:

Much better, take a pic of those and I'll lick... err I mean like all day long (tee hee)
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    confidence
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Confidence~Men seem too have too much or too little. Woman want too know if they need you they will be protected at any cost and most men cant find an even ground with it. Theres no black and white. I need too know your going too be there and if your meek, keep it moving

Independence~We have more than most men. We generally move away from home and lots of men stay at home with ther momies for far too long

Respect~We whoo men, Lots of times they want us too whoo them. Errrrt sorry, Wine and dine us boys

This is definitely my issue in dating!
  • migueltavares
    Options
    Eyes.