I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Update and not a good one!!

I received a text yesterday from him. The text said that he was dealing with some bs from his ex and that he didn't want to get involved until he cleared it up. I respect his decision and really apreciate the honesty and I reply with a no worries my intension were never to cause problems. So we agreed to be friends...I didn't text him yesterday but he send me a text thismorning and I didn't wanted to be rude so I replied back.

:sad:

Okay, guys, what's your take on this?
    Is he playing her or is he being honest?:huh:
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    His ex isn't his ex..... yet..............
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Not a good update :( I want a happy ending :(
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Both.

He texted = still interested.
    "Get involved" means monogamy.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Who doesn't?
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

If I had a nickle for everytime I said that..... :bigsmile:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    We need to make a group for this thread :)

Yes, THIS! I want to stay updated. This is the cutest story.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I received a text yesterday from him. The text said that he was dealing with some bs from his ex and that he didn't want to get involved until he cleared it up. I respect his decision and really apreciate the honesty and I reply with a no worries my intension were never to cause problems. So we agreed to be friends...I didn't text him yesterday but he send me a text thismorning and I didn't wanted to be rude so I replied back.

Awww. I was happy to read that they spoke.

Honestly, I think the ex is actually current. So...playing her. Sounds like he may have had a change of heart about creepin'. What kind of BS could he need to clear up with an ex that would keep hime from talking to another girl?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    God!

It's so awful how all you WOMEN are always hitting on us guys at the gym!

I'm just trying to go there and become fit and healthy and I can't get through one workout without you ladies perving on me.

i wanna perv on you!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    From experience. Ask him to coffee. He might be interested but might never ask you because he isn't sure if he's misreading the signs.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Awww. Bummer.

However . . .

He DID let you know that he had some baggage that he had to deal with which is a good thing.

I say play it by ear. Be friendly with him at the gym and if things eventually progress from there then great. The main thing is to keep the lines of communication open.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Awww. I was happy to read that they spoke.

Honestly, I think the ex is actually current. So...playing her. Sounds like he may have had a change of heart about creepin'. What kind of BS could he need to clear up with an ex that would keep hime from talking to another girl?

But he wasn't creeping. They were at the gym at the same time and would work in sets etc. Eventually they actually talked, exchanged names and numbers and were going to go out on a date.

Who knows what BS he might have with an ex that he has to deal with.She could be some psycho that he doesn't want bothering the OP or he's just being respectful and keeping the BS from her because he doesn't want her to get mad and annoyed over whatever he has to clear up.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

He met you and said, 'dang, i gotta break up."

great answer.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    So the ex troubles started only *after* you hung out a few times? Hmmm.

I suspect you're being friend zoned...or being set up as a future FWB...

Hope I'm wrong - good luck to you!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

He said he was dealing with some bs so that he wanted to take care of it first.

Me: I really appreciate the honesty and I don't want to cause problems. I won't text you anymore...and I am sorry for any problems I might of caused.

Him: No you don't have to stop texting me its not like that we are not together anymore.

Me: Well I guess one can't never have too many friends, right (always trying to be nice :( )

Him: Yes and maybe later more

• esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    He said he was dealing with some bs so that he wanted to take care of it first.

Me: I really appreciate the honesty and I don't want to cause problems. I won't text you anymore...and I am sorry for any problems I might of caused.

Him: No you don't have to stop texting me its not like that we are not together anymore.

Me: Well I guess one can't never have too many friends, right (always trying to be nice :( )

Him: Yes and maybe later more
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    So the ex troubles started only *after* you hung out a few times? Hmmm.

I suspect you're being friend zoned...or being set up as a future FWB...

Hope I'm wrong - good luck to you!

yep- time time to move on
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump