I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have deleted his number and no I won't reply back to his messages ANYMORE.
    I am not sad because I was right on point, which is the reason why I checked out his FB.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Ok so Saturday he send a message about looking him up on facebook...so I did and I checked out his pics yesterday.
    Today he updated his status as "in a relationship" I guess he is back with the EX

yup she gave him some to get him back when she learned there is potential competition, poor guy those on and off relationships aretaxing.

Perhaps, but I have shut the door and not gonna look back.... and may I add she is not pretty.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    I say let it go - smile sweetly at him at the gym but look elsewhere.

I agree but, I am not sure about the smiling.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    The more I read the more I'm convinced that none of this ever happened :yawn:

I wish it wouldn't have happended but I have learned my leasson....don't s*** were you eat!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well. yes and no. at least you tried. you followed the clues. were respectful of his statements. and now FB reveals he is attached. that may have been intentional. what if he was/is on break with someone but you were irresistible but he wanted to check things out first? can't blame a girl for trying when she didn't have all the info? can't blame a guy for trying when HE may not have had all the info too. so it didn't work out. the incumbent won. not surprising. no skin off your nose. it's not like you really had skin in the game he's someone you just met and had some eye candy that's all. at least you put yourself out there and are braver for the next one. who might turn out to be mr.-right-and-not-already-attached-and-sure-of-it. I gotta respect that you are smart enough to know when not to make a psycho of yourself. it could get ugly and humiliating to continue but I know about 99 problems who would have done just that. and be glad you ain't one. hat's off to a brave and mature handling of what could have been a sticky situation.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Sad it turned out baddly but you handled yourself admirably throughout.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    What makes you think that? Was it that she is a new member who signed up and immediately took to the forum and began a serial story but never posted anything else? No profile? No weight loss?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    What makes you think that? Was it that she is a new member who signed up and immediately took to the forum and began a serial story but never posted anything else? No profile? No weight loss?

Her join date was almost a year ago.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

You know what else didn't happen? Harry Potter but look how many imaginations that story captured. Also, I think this whole story was more magical when you lived through it with Esmeralda cause those wait days when we waited for an update were pretty intense. Hell, her name is Esmeralda if that isn't an awesome love story name I don't know what could be.

If she was a fake troll she delivered perfection, if not then we were part of something special even though it didn't have a happy ending it had a lot of heart and emotion. It had that small hope of finding love that most of us cheer for no matter what.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This has ruined my day.

33ve1c3.jpg
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Ok so Saturday he send a message about looking him up on facebook...so I did and I checked out his pics yesterday.
    Today he updated his status as "in a relationship" I guess he is back with the EX

He let facebook do his dirty work for him?:huh:
    Nice...:noway:
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This has ruined my day.

33ve1c3.jpg

LOL :laugh:
    Also sorry about how it ended sweetie. I've dealt with a player guy, it sucks when you find out.
  • esmeralda44
    Options

Yes, it was and for a while there I was on a crazy 1,200 calorie diet, so my trainer suggested not to go too crazy with my calorie intake because I do cardio for 45-60 min at least 4-5 days a week aside from my 5 day weight training.
    Did I also mentioned I am 5'0" tall and weight 113 LBS (21 % body fat)....
    And I would post a pic for I don't know how to .....can someone tell me how?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Sad it turned out baddly but you handled yourself admirably throughout.

same here girl. just do ur thing at the gym and let him drool. he's obviously indecisive and kind of immature, he should have been straight up whether he was in or out of a relationship or even if he was trying to figure it out.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Well. yes and no. at least you tried. you followed the clues. were respectful of his statements. and now FB reveals he is attached. that may have been intentional. what if he was/is on break with someone but you were irresistible but he wanted to check things out first? can't blame a girl for trying when she didn't have all the info? can't blame a guy for trying when HE may not have had all the info too. so it didn't work out. the incumbent won. not surprising. no skin off your nose. it's not like you really had skin in the game he's someone you just met and had some eye candy that's all. at least you put yourself out there and are braver for the next one. who might turn out to be mr.-right-and-not-already-attached-and-sure-of-it. I gotta respect that you are smart enough to know when not to make a psycho of yourself. it could get ugly and humiliating to continue but I know about 99 problems who would have done just that. and be glad you ain't one. hat's off to a brave and mature handling of what could have been a sticky situation.:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Well said! :drinker:
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Thank you all for all the support!! :smile:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Yes, it was and for a while there I was on a crazy 1,200 calorie diet, so my trainer suggested not to go too crazy with my calorie intake because I do cardio for 45-60 min at least 4-5 days a week aside from my 5 day weight training.
    Did I also mentioned I am 5'0" tall and weight 113 LBS (21 % body fat)....
    And I would post a pic for I don't know how to .....can someone tell me how?

There is a thread on it here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy

But for the record, you don't need to prove yourself here, people generally suck, and our trying to ruin our new MFP saga.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Btw Op. Why dont you ask him what his name is. Hes probably shy. Keep saying hi to him everytime you see him. Maybe he'll get the hint.

^This....he sounds like how I act in the gym.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This has ruined my day.

33ve1c3.jpg

HA!

OP sorry things didn't turn out, but this was a cute story to read.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    :yawn: