Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Does anyone else break off the unfrosted edges and save the middle part for last? Or am I the only unreasonable freak on this post? :laugh:
    Don't be silly. The unfrosted edges soak up the butter best!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    A cheat day is the day where people who eat healthy food all week eat their favorite junk foods so they can stay sane and continue their healthy ways. At least that's what the rest of the world calls it.

Welcome to MFP. We're so glad to have your contributions to our site. Could you please tone it down a bit?
    With love,
    Burt

Tone what down?

Seriously, from like every site on the internet:

" A cheat day is a designated day where a person purposefully strays from their normal eating habits or meal plan. Cheat days are beneficial because they work as a reward for a strict adherence to a meal plan and they shock the body out of routine, preventing a plateau. "

And how do you shock it - by eating more. Eating the same number of calories of different foods doesn't shock it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Does anyone else break off the unfrosted edges and save the middle part for last? Or am I the only unreasonable freak on this post? :laugh:

You are an unreasonable freak...sorry :tongue:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    You can lose weight eating all the junk in the world as long as you burn the calories but it's still garbage that shouldn't be consumed. There are lots of illegal drugs that can help one lose weight too, are those ok to take every day, since weight loss is all that matters?

I understand that some people need cheat days in order to accomplish their goals but every day? To each his own I guess.
    Right...and it's MUCH healthier to net 800 calories a day, arbitrarily exclude entire food groups from one's diet and pop raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, african mango or whatever else Dr. Oz is whoring this week, as so many members of MFP do?

No thanks...I'll go for my 80/20 diet, throw in some junk once in a while (moderation. context and dosage.) and enjoy my continuing success without suffering or depriving my body of needed calories/nutrients.

That's a nice Straw Man you just built there.

Who said 800 calories?
    Who is Dr. Oz?

How about you address my points instead of creating a false statement to argue against?

speaking of false arguments, you've already gone to that well yourself with that silliness equating eating pop tarts and being healthy with smoking and being healthy.

How about you address my questions?

what questions? all i see from you are assertions... assertions that make me feel sad for you.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    You do seem obsessed with labelling something as junk and demonizing for no reason.

Just like I'm "obsessed" with saying cigs are bad?

Cigarettes are not healthy.

Seriously, this is how you label an obsession?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member

except it's not garbage.

Except that it clearly is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa

Reported.

Just because I can admit that pop tarts are garbage, doesn't mean I have a mental disorder. Wow. People were right about this place being snarky, rude and full of little high-school style social groups.

Reported them because they referenced a link that I clearly stated earlier was the basis of this thread? To show you do not need to fear food you like, even if it's simply for the taste?

That being said, I find both Pop Tarts AND ice cream to have plenty of nutritional value. I still would like someone to explain to me how they don't. Why you call them junk or garbage? Food propaganda isn't helpful either. Are you telling me I don't need carbs, fat or (albeit trace amounts) protein? Vitamin B?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    You do seem obsessed with labelling something as junk and demonizing for no reason.

Coach or Sunny?
  • Iron_Feline

You come into a thread and harp on about how pop tarts are junk - compare them to cigarettes etc and all in the first minute of you being on this site. So yeah. :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline

Coach or Sunny?

Coach.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    I wish I could eat ice cream ( very bad with it for some reason! )
    omg.. poptarts. * checks cuboard *
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Pop tarts are the devil's food
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    pumpkin-pie-pop-tarts_original.jpg
    :love: :love: :love: :love:

I have to find some of these! I love pumpkin flavored anything!
  • Tom_Jones74
    so it's against the rules to post a link to a wikipedia page?

Really?

So I guess I can link a page that labels you as having a mental disorder if you disagree with me?
  • Iron_Feline
    Pop tarts are the devil's food

Yep tasty tasty devils food :devil:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon.:heart:

FROSTED. Unfrosted poptarts shall be banished to the fiery pits of hell
  • Tom_Jones74
    Are you telling me I don't need carbs, fat or (albeit trace amounts) protein? Vitamin B?

I would never spout such silliness.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I love how people can see that the OP has lost 158 FREAKING POUNDS, and then on top of that see people like Sara, SideSteel, 1CG, etc. who look amazing, and still debate the point.

tumblr_mbehpeFyyE1renkn2o1_500.gif

DUDE!

I never thought the day would come when I was lumped with SS and Sara... Undeserved NSV!
  • classic trolling :laugh:
  • Tom_Jones74

You come into a thread and harp on about how pop tarts are junk - compare them to cigarettes etc and all in the first minute of you being on this site. So yeah. :flowerforyou:

Guess I should of dug up old threads instead of responding to the new one at the top of the page?
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member

Coach or Sunny?

Coach.

No one saw me ask if they were a reincarnation. :sad: