Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Would definitely take homemade pastry over a pop tart any day,
    but if there was nothing else I could call dessert... I would succumb.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    OMG - I was just inspired and ordered every single limited edition pop tart flavor I could find off amazon - I did not even know half these existed.

I got at least a box each of....Frosted Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvet, Frosted Cinnamon Roll, Frosted Apple Cinnamon Muffin. Frosted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate...

...you all jelly?

My opinion in this order:

Sugar cookie, ok
    Pumpkin Pie - AWESOME
    Red Velvet - AWESOME
    Cinnamon Roll - Ok
    Apple Cinnamon - VERY GOOD
    Hot Chocolate - Good

One you missed, Confetti Cupcake... not good IMO
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you would want to come into a thread celebrating eating what you like in moderation as a healthy way of achieving your goals, only to slap it down and call an experience member of MFP, who has met his goals wrong. But hey.

Never said the OP was wrong, in fact I clearly stated how he was right. You guys are so sensitive, it's crazy.

The OP can lose weight as he is following the formula.

Why did I come in here and speak my mind? Well, for new people like myself, this particular thread seemed to be a joke thread. I stated as much. If someone signs up here and sees this thread, they will most likely post in said thread, as their minds will be blown away by the "crazy concept" of calories in/out.

Me, well, I see beyond calories in/out as that is not an indicator of a healthy lifestyle...you can eat few calories, lose weight and be unhealthy...just like you can be vegetarian and have a terrible diet while another vegetarian diets can be healthy. I pointed this out and people got upset.

Please tell us how you lost all your weight and have kept it off.

I have always maintained my weight, and my health, by exercising and eating a balanced diet.

(see, "diet" isn't an act or action I do to lose weight, "diet" is "consuming food" to me)

What are your goals here, Tom? What prompted you to join? Just want to record your perfect diet and exercise history for posterity?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    people getting so MAD
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    Carbs are awesome btw, and check this crazy thought out.

I find it healthier to get them from veggies or whole wheat rather than chocolate doughnuts.

Some of us like veggies and whole wheat foods, and (mind blowing thought!!!!) save a little calorie space for treats...if one doesn't have specific medical issues, perhaps it does NOT have to be either you eat an "all Pop Tart diet" OR you eat an "all-veggie diet." It IS possible for some people to eat in moderation, as part of their lifestyle.

Cheers.

Totally. I agree 1000%

That said, take two identical people (in every way), and they each have 500 calories left on their daily allowance, but one eats ding dongs and one eats a healthier options, the ding dong eater over a long term will not be as healthy as the one making better choices. I know it only comes into play when into the upper percentiles of athletes or whatever, it doesn't mean it's not true.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are the devil's food

Yep tasty tasty devils food :devil:

Sorry, but ... Poptarts are mostly pie crust. If you want devils food, you'll need to go for devil dogs.

Off to google devil dogs. :laugh:

Edit: Nah I'll stick with pop tarts. Thanks though.
    Pop tarts are the devils food.

We've been over this, son.
    Pop tarts are the devil's food.

Nope. We are. According to 1 Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

No mention of pop tarts in the bible.
  • magerum
    Options
    Not sure why you would want to come into a thread celebrating eating what you like in moderation as a healthy way of achieving your goals, only to slap it down and call an experience member of MFP, who has met his goals wrong. But hey.

Never said the OP was wrong, in fact I clearly stated how he was right. You guys are so sensitive, it's crazy.

Why did I come in here and speak my mind? Well, for new people like myself, this particular thread seemed to be a joke thread. I stated as much. If someone signs up here and sees this thread, they will most likely post in said thread, as their minds will be blown away by the "crazy concept" of calories in/out.

Me, well, I see beyond calories in/out as that is not an indicator of a healthy lifestyle...you can eat few calories, lose weight and be unhealthy...just like you can be vegetarian and have a terrible diet while another vegetarian diets can be healthy. I pointed this out and people got upset.

I have always maintained my weight, and my health, by exercising and eating a balanced diet.

(see, "diet" isn't an act or action I do to lose weight, "diet" is "consuming food" to me)

What are your goals here, Tom? What prompted you to join? Just want to record your perfect diet and exercise history for posterity?

Inquiring minds want to know Coa...er Tom.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Here's the real problem with poptarts. They come 6 to a box but are in 3 sealed packs of two. Well two may not cut it so you open the second pack of two and then there are only 2 left so you might as well eat them.

Generally I would rather have bakery made strudel or actual pie than a pop tart or ice cream, ice cream is awesome.
    Imposter! PopTarts haven't come 6 to a box in years. It's 8, unless you get the larger 12-count box.

And I'm probably going to get flamed for this in this crowd...but I...I...I can stop at one.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Inquiring minds want to know Coa...er Tom.
    *waits for "elite" reference*
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Good lord - the op didn't say live off pop tarts - he said he can eat them as part of his diet and still lose weight. A point you do seem to be missing. You compared them to illegal drugs and cigarettes - how is that agreeing with the op?
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options
    I rarely eat deserts of any kind. Don't feel bad, it was by choice. Once I gave them up for years, I tried eating them again but most tasted disgusting, and this is coming from someone who loved cheese cakes and chocolate ice cream from birth.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    OMG - I was just inspired and ordered every single limited edition pop tart flavor I could find off amazon - I did not even know half these existed.

I got at least a box each of....Frosted Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvet, Frosted Cinnamon Roll, Frosted Apple Cinnamon Muffin. Frosted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate...

...you all jelly?

Sugar cookie, ok
    Pumpkin Pie - AWESOME
    Red Velvet - AWESOME
    Cinnamon Roll - Ok
    Hot Chocolate - Good

But what about S'mores????

ETA - :blushing: :blushing: I just realized you guys were all talking about the limited edition ones. I can get s'mores any old time....carry on and ignore my lack of reading comprehension skills...
  • magerum
    Options
    I do find it amazing how polarizing Pop Tarts & ice cream are apart. Put them together and....
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I got flamed in a thread apparently for my love of Pop Tarts the other day, it is nice to see I have friends among the masses!!! Red Velvet Pop Tarts are my go to but I am trying to track done the last of the Pumpkin Pie pop tarts but I am thinking I might have to turn to Amazon to give these bad boys a try.... Chocolate chip cookie dough though is running a close second to the Red Velvet....

^^This guy right here has the results to back it up, just like the OP.

Apparently you can lose over 311 lbs and not deprive yourself of poptarts!

Fine, I'll be the guinea pig and eat nothing but pop tarts and gummi bears for the week while staying in my calories and see if I still lose.....I'm only doing it for everyone here though. Not because I want to... :)

taking one for the team...you ROCK! Keep detailed notes, please :)
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options

Good lord - the op didn't say live off pop tarts - he said he can eat them as part of his diet and still lose weight.

Yes, I acknowledged that.
    A point you do seem to be missing.

No, I got that, and even explained how I understood what the OP was saying. I'm just going to ignore you now.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

...you all jelly?

Sugar cookie, ok
    Pumpkin Pie - AWESOME
    Red Velvet - AWESOME
    Cinnamon Roll - Ok
    Hot Chocolate - Good

But what about S'mores?????

I already have the confetti, the s'mores, the fudge and the brown sugar.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat deserts of any kind. Don't feel bad, it was by choice. Once I gave them up for years, I tried eating them again but most tasted disgusting, and this is coming from someone who loved cheese cakes and chocolate ice cream from birth.
    Congrats on finding something that works for you!
    Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue to enjoy our Pop-tarts :smile:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    OK....but do you have the ice cream to go with them???
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OK....but do you have the ice cream to go with them???

You have to ask??? You are dead to me!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are the devil's food

Yep tasty tasty devils food :devil:

Sorry, but ... Poptarts are mostly pie crust. If you want devils food, you'll need to go for devil dogs.

Off to google devil dogs. :laugh:

Edit: Nah I'll stick with pop tarts. Thanks though.
    Pop tarts are the devils food.

We've been over this, son.

Nope. We are. According to 1 Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

No mention of pop tarts in the bible.