Eating Pop Tarts and ice cream daily.

Options

Replies

• Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    I have never had a pop tart.....

You're not missing much.

I recommend eating a higher end pastry made from scratch from someone cooking with love.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Carbs are awesome btw, and check this crazy thought out.

I find it healthier to get them from veggies or whole wheat rather than chocolate doughnuts.

And that's your choice - but coming onto a thread which is saying you can eat what you want in moderation and still get to your goal and shouting - NO don't it's all junk it's all garbage and comparing pop tarts to cigarettes and illegal drugs. Did you really see that going down well?

mmmm doughnuts

Ok, now I get it.

I should post a link to the wiki page concerning addiction. You guys are mad that I thought you should put down the box of cookies.

Also, I was sharing my opinion, never told the OP not to do what they want, and I never shouted anything.

That was the visual of you I had in my head, running round shouting at everyone "no no don't eat pop tarts - they're evil like smoking and illegal drugs"

Maybe it's just how you word things.

Not sure why you would want to come into a thread celebrating eating what you like in moderation as a healthy way of achieving your goals, only to slap it down and call an experience member of MFP, who has met his goals wrong. But hey.

Please tell us how you lost all your weight and have kept it off.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are the devil's food

Yep tasty tasty devils food :devil:

Sorry, but ... Poptarts are mostly pie crust. If you want devils food, you'll need to go for devil dogs.

Off to google devil dogs. :laugh:

Edit: Nah I'll stick with pop tarts. Thanks though.
    Pop tarts are the devils food.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a sandwich, I just put a toasted oatmeal strawberry Pop Tart in a bowl with a scoop of strawberries & cream ice cream and had Pop Tart a la mode. The oatmeal ones seem to fall apart too easily.

I will find those red velvet Pop Tarts if it's the last thing I do!

we have those in Colorado.

:laugh:

We do? yummmm
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Sorry, but ... Poptarts are mostly pie crust. If you want devils food, you'll need to go for devil dogs.

Yes tasty tasty devils food

We could do this all night :laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Carbs are awesome btw, and check this crazy thought out.

I find it healthier to get them from veggies or whole wheat rather than chocolate doughnuts.

Some of us like veggies and whole wheat foods, and (mind blowing thought!!!!) save a little calorie space for treats...if one doesn't have specific medical issues, perhaps it does NOT have to be either you eat an "all Pop Tart diet" OR you eat an "all-veggie diet." It IS possible for some people to eat in moderation, as part of their lifestyle.

Cheers.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

You're not missing much.

I recommend eating a higher end pastry made from scratch from someone cooking with love.

You mean like these?

toaster-strudel.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OMG - I was just inspired and ordered every single limited edition pop tart flavor I could find off amazon - I did not even know half these existed.

I got at least a box each of....Frosted Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvet, Frosted Cinnamon Roll, Frosted Apple Cinnamon Muffin. Frosted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate...

...you all jelly?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You're not missing much.

You mean like these?

toaster-strudel.jpg

pillsbury doughboy does not equal made from scratch...:) lol
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    OMG - I was just inspired and ordered every single limited edition pop tart flavor I could find off amazon - I did not even know half these existed.

I got at least a box each of....Frosted Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvet, Frosted Cinnamon Roll, Frosted Apple Cinnamon Muffin. Frosted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate...

...you all jelly?

I didn't even know some of those existed. Green with envy.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

We've been over this, son.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

You're not missing much.

You mean like these?

toaster-strudel.jpg

But he is cooking with love....
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

You're not missing much.

You mean like these?

toaster-strudel.jpg

They appear to come with a small packet of love ...
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

We've been over this, son.
    Pop tarts are the devil's food.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

You're not missing much.

You mean like these?

toaster-strudel.jpg

They appear to come with a small packet of love ...

Tasty tasty love :love:
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I love the Chocolate ones when they come out of the toaster. Haven't had them in YEARS!!!!!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Here's the real problem with poptarts. They come 6 to a box but are in 3 sealed packs of two. Well two may not cut it so you open the second pack of two and then there are only 2 left so you might as well eat them.

Generally I would rather have bakery made strudel or actual pie than a pop tart or ice cream, ice cream is awesome.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

...you all jelly?

I didn't even know some of those existed. Green with envy.

Oh, I forgot the Gingerbread also.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a sandwich, I just put a toasted oatmeal strawberry Pop Tart in a bowl with a scoop of strawberries & cream ice cream and had Pop Tart a la mode. The oatmeal ones seem to fall apart too easily.

I will find those red velvet Pop Tarts if it's the last thing I do!

we have those in Colorado.

:laugh:

We do? yummmm

yes. i saw some at both the local Safeway and Walmart about 3 weeks ago.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    Not sure why you would want to come into a thread celebrating eating what you like in moderation as a healthy way of achieving your goals, only to slap it down and call an experience member of MFP, who has met his goals wrong. But hey.

Never said the OP was wrong, in fact I clearly stated how he was right. You guys are so sensitive, it's crazy.

The OP can lose weight as he is following the formula.

Why did I come in here and speak my mind? Well, for new people like myself, this particular thread seemed to be a joke thread. I stated as much. If someone signs up here and sees this thread, they will most likely post in said thread, as their minds will be blown away by the "crazy concept" of calories in/out.

Me, well, I see beyond calories in/out as that is not an indicator of a healthy lifestyle...you can eat few calories, lose weight and be unhealthy...just like you can be vegetarian and have a terrible diet while another vegetarian diets can be healthy. I pointed this out and people got upset.

Please tell us how you lost all your weight and have kept it off.

I have always maintained my weight, and my health, by exercising and eating a balanced diet.

(see, "diet" isn't an act or action I do to lose weight, "diet" is "consuming food" to me)