Do you plan to track for the rest of your life?

Options

Replies

• suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can use food for mood control, just like I used to with cigarettes, years ago. I already know whats good for me and whats not. I've known that for many years. The accountability is important, tracking works for me. Will that change? Honestly, I don't know.
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weightloss goal. I do find tracking kinda fun so propably will keep doing it until it's not fun.
    I have a history of eating disorders so this gives me that control and aim for perfection but now the aim is for perfect macros so it fills the void in a healthy way.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Honestly, probably not. For a few years after getting to my goal? Probably. It'll take me a while, but I can probably make a habit of knowing how much to eat and do it sort of "naturally." Several years at least, just to be safe.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Now there's a depressing thought.

I think once I hit goal, am eating at maintenance consistently then I'll probably stop. We'll see.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No! Tracking everything you eat and stressing about it is no way to live life, IMO
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will track for at least some period of time since eating for maintenance will not be the same as eating for loss. Also I anticipate that when I reach the right number on the scale my work won't be completely done so I want to keep good record of what I'm doing so I know what works and what doesn't.
  • loseit4ever12
    Options
    I probably will. I don't think I will ever be able to eat normally without tracking. It's waaaay to easy for me to overeat. I would like to get to a place where I don't have to but I'm not sure that's possible.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I will track for the rest of my life. I have lost down to my goal weight twice and gained the weight back because I didn't keep myself disciplined. MFP is my disciplinary tool.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I want to track until I am maintaining, then if I maintain for a while I will probably stop. I will continue to weigh myself weekly forever and if I start to gain then I will go back to tracking.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Yep for me too. Have lost 50 lbs and regained 30 because I stopped logging.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Yes, I need the accountability to keep the weight off. It's too easy for me to think that I am eating proper portions when in reality I am eating far too much.
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    I plan to track at least untill I get to goal !!!!!!!!!!! and maybe afterwards to keep me in line :bigsmile:

I agree with this and weigh in often and if I start climbing back up, I will start tracking again. I have a long way to go to hit goal though...
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes! As soon as I stopped, I put back on the pounds!!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I guess we'll see when I finally reach my goal, but my plan is to track for a few months into maintenance until I figure how much I can eat. Then if I notice myself slipping back into bad eating, I will start logging again. I do plan to do everything in moderation though.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Every time I have gotten close to goal.and stopped tracking I put the weight back on, so I'm in this for the long haul.

Me too. It's so much easier to develop bad habits than good ones!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I think I will. I like keeping myself accountable. I don't find it stressful. I find it actually to be a stress reliever. Eat, track, know where I am, then focus on something else instead of wondering how many calories in that scone or bagel or whatever. For me it's all about developing good habits, and tracking is one of them. I tracked in a notebook when I lost weight the first time. I should have kept at it. This is such a valueable tool.
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal and actually surpassed it a little. I do plan on tracking for as far as I can see into the future. It not only keeps me in line, but also helps me plan my meals a couple days in advance.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I plan to I made some great friends on here. I also don't want to go back to what I was. Keep it goin
  • erichardson1987
    Options
    I am only 25, but was very overweight my entire childhood. At about 21 I got a very busy schedule and dropped 40+ pounds, not intentionally, and looked great!! Not keeping track of calories now that I have a more sendentary job means that the weight went on like NOTHING. I mean, really, even as a nurse it still amazes me that it takes SO MUCH EFFORT to lose weight but is sooo friggin easy to put it on!!
    Anyways, long story short- yes- I need to set up a system so that I do track long term, even after my goal..because I don't do moderation well and know it wouldn't be long before all that effort I'm going to put in will be a waste!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Not Really. This is so time consuming. It's like another job. Once I get to goal, I will still weigh in once a week. If I start creeping up, I will start tracking.