Do you plan to track for the rest of your life?

Options

Replies

• ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I started tracking on a whim, and am glued to the site now, so I lean on the side of 'yes'. :)
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yes, it's part of my new life and I don't plan on going back to the old me!:drinker:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I plan to visit this site every day for the rest of my indefinitely. I enjoy it and it keeps me accountable. I don't log my food every day, but coming here helps me to keep in mind how hard I've worked and that I don't want to go back to the old me by becoming complacent!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I require structure because left to my own devices my default stance is sloth, gluttony and self-destruction. I anticipate that I will always have to track my calories.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • DrCaspianDoll
    DrCaspianDoll Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hopefully!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I require structure because left to my own devices my default stance is sloth, gluttony and self-destruction. I anticipate that I will always have to track my calories.
    ^^^This^^^
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Probably, but rather than focussing on calories so much, will probably focus more on macros, and specific nutrition/excercise goals. I'm a bit of a nerd, and love to analyze the numbers and learn more about myself from them. So, as long as I'm having fun, why not keep tracking?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I will hit my goal weight this year, and will track for at least 5 solid years after that. By then I should be able to....have made my lifestyle changes permanent.
  • Dana_gets_fit
    Dana_gets_fit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I look at tracking and learning what exercises work for me like getting another degree. When I was in college, I used all the tools available to learn my field. I had to go to residencies, practicum, and internships, all teaching me how to do my job. I believe the key for me is to learn what better habits and then adapt it to my life. When I get to the point of where I need to be, I will not need to physically track my eating. Instinctively I will know what I need to do to maintain. At 42 lbs down, I am pretty much at that point. Eating for me takes a lot of thought and planning. That is where I have found success.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    No way. I intend to use it until I am at my goal weight and then to maintain for 1-2 months so I can get an idea of what portions and meals will keep me on track. Then I will probably stop using it.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Probably to some degree or another...It's all part of my new lifestyle. :)
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I will track if my clothes start to get tight, however for the most part I hope to have the ability to not eat as much engrained into my psyche(as it is most of the time). As well as make workouts part of my day to day.

Now if I feel like tracking I will, however it wont be as much of a necessity as it is now.
  • travishalogod
    travishalogod Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I personally have tracked for over a year now and have surpassed my goal quite a while ago.. tracking is a way of life for me now.. the truth is, in my opinion anyway, you really have no idea what you are putting in your body if you don't track it or pay attention to it in some way.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ill keep tracking even after I hit my goal. Until I at least feel that I can eat balanced on my own. Ill probably still be counting calories in my mind though haha trying to make sure I don't eat to much. So, Ill probably log for a loooong time!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Probably not strictly.
    I will still use MFP to keep me on track every now and then but I know that already the amount of time I've spent here that I can eat healthily and not log.
  • mstarTurtle
    Options
    yep I plan to keep track forever because it is not different than a money budget. I am budgeting my calories. the hard part for me now is making it a part of my daily routine. I am doing spot checks at the moment.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I will be logging for the foreseeable future, I see folks hit goal, leave MFP, and come back in 6 months saying "I blew it" they thought it was instinct but it isn't really, we are bombarded with portion inflation, the consumption of those around us, and bad habits we put in abeyance until no one is looking. There are already scientific studies coming out comparing loggers after goal to quitting logging at goal and long term success tends to go to the loggers, even if it isn't every single day, maybe they take weekends off, but still in all logging consistently. I have no desire to gain back any of the 60 lbs of weight I acquired over 40 years so yep, I know me, and I will continue logging and supporting my ever changing group of friends (except for a select group that have been here as long or longer than I have).
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm planing on tracking forever. My body tends to quickly & easily put on weight.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I don't know. Certainly not for the rest of my life!!! If all goes according to plan and I live to 100, I can't see myself logging my food until then :laugh:

But I actually really like logging. I love seeing what I have put in my body for the day, and keeping track of my macros, etc. I will certainly be doing it for the next few years I think. Even once I have been maintaining for a while.