Do you plan to track for the rest of your life?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will probably do that...
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I plan on tracking faithfully until I have been a year in maintenance, and then see how it goes and be aware of signs of backsliding. I think I will be tracking on and off for the rest of my life, but not continually.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Probably off and on. I lost 35 pounds in 2011, and kept it off by paying attention to my weight and going back to tracking when I went up a few pounds (which tends to happen twice a year: when summers get hot and I slack off on running, and when the holidays hit because NOM!). Came back in January to lose the holiday/travel weight and another chunk o' weight after that.

Should add that once I got to my stopping point last time, I did spend a few weeks tracking at maintenance just to make sure I had a feel for it. Will probably do the same this time.

This is my plan. I go back to tracking every time I am about 5 pounds over my goal weight for a few days stretch. Reason I do this is probably silly, but there's the belief that people gain 1lb a year on a " normal " diet. In 20 years that is 20 lbs overweight! Plus all the treats ones eats ( I love to bake!) so better watch out and not let the weight creep up.