Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    3. People who did around in their purse or pockets trying to find the exact 47 cents they need to pay.

Whoops, haha, guilty!!! Sorry not sorry ;)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    People who unquestioningly believe anything on Faux News. Or said by almost any elected Republican.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For me, most of it relates to driving. Can't figure out why there are SO MANY freakin bad drivers in the world.

Anyone heard of blinkers? And actually going fast in the fast lane? Yeah.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    women who think we are the same as men and should be treated as such, no I don't think they should be disrespectful to us but in my home my husband is the leader I love staying at home with my children and taking care of our home, I wouldn't have it any other way there are many things that I wouldn't want to have to do that women try to fight the men for

The fact that it's so commonplace for people to think of men as "leaders" and women as "followers" (or submissive domestic servants). UGH. Women fighting for total autonomy and political/social rights and responsibilities =/= women wanting to be "the same as men".

T.T

Well said, responder. Well said.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    gun carrying folks who claim to love their fellow man.

Careful, this one will start a flame war ;) I am a decent person. I graduated from tech school recently as a medical assistant. I plan to go to nursing school in the fall. All my life, the only thing I've wanted to do is something where I can help people. I am also a regular blood donor. I go out of my way to help perfect strangers when I see they need it.

I also regularly carry out my second amendment rights. I am not trying to start an argument, but one of MY biggest pet peeves is people that are judgmental and/or lump all people of a group into one stereotype. I'm not saying I'm not judgmental, 'cause I totally can be, but one should completely think through what they're saying before putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys, in this case lol). Just wanted to say my piece. I hope you have a wonderful evening and I do hope that not all gun owners/carriers give you such a horrible impression. :)
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    My Top 5:

1.) Reality TV Shows:
    ex.) Honey Boo Boo Child, Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious, Bad Girls, etc.
    [Only reason I know these shows is because my sister watches it. SMH.)

2.) When people are in urgent help and no one goes to help them or dials 911.

3.) People that always try to make a scene embarrassing themselves but no one has the balls to tell them to tone it down a notch.

4.) I hate it how when there's clearly safety rules for driving and no one follows them.
    (ex: Talking on their cell phone, texting. cutting you off in traffic, not signaling when they turn, going too slow when there's a speed limit, etc.)

5.) I hate it how a lot of people are sheep and blindly follow along with anything that their told without doing the proper research.

T_T
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    People who take a poo and don't flush until they are done. So anyone who walks in gets a whiff of their horrible stench. Its called a courtesy flush. You are to do it at least once depending on your length of time.. You'd be surprised how many folks don't realize that a courtesy flush will eliminate the stench to a huge degree..

Hahaha, this! Unless you have a great air freshener, give a first flush!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    humans acting like humans
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    humans acting like humans

This about sums it up.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Human haters. Really, they're so hypocritical and narrow minded.

total narrow minded human hater
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Sadly, far too many things to sit here and list now.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    keep the first world problems coming..hunger, famine and war can wait for another thread...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People who value political teams over ideals and pragmatism.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Reality TV
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    I lost a bit of respect for the human race today. I was taking a walk on my lunch hour in the neighborhood behind my office. A neighbor had 2 dogs, fenced in, who started barking ferociously at my approach and just kept right on going along with me down the fenceline. Now, I was minding my own business. I was in my space. They were in theirs. No harm, no foul, right?

So explain to me why, for the love of God, did their owner come out of the house yelling at me for 'upsetting' her dogs by WALKING DOWN THE STREET? It's not like I stopped to try to pet them. She irritated me in the first place for yelling at me, but I thought I'd do the polite thing and apologize for disturbing her. Her response was, " I'm not the one who started them barking in the first place!"

..... what? Someone offers you up an apology for something that was not even under their control... not even WORTH apologizing for, really... and what? Here, let me apologize to myself and next time I'll tell you to go get effed.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Blocking a lane of traffic at the grocery store while you "wait" for your friend/spouse/etc. to "run" in for just a second. Seriously, probably 90% of people in the grocery just needed to run in for a sec, park in a spot like everyone else.

Texting while driving, for that matter drinking and driving... I'm on the road too - and usually have my child in the car, if you want to kill yourself dont take anyone else out with you.

Not holding the door/elevator for people that are directly behind you.

Yes! All 3 of these drive me insane!
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I lost a bit of respect for the human race today. I was taking a walk on my lunch hour in the neighborhood behind my office. A neighbor had 2 dogs, fenced in, who started barking ferociously at my approach and just kept right on going along with me down the fenceline. Now, I was minding my own business. I was in my space. They were in theirs. No harm, no foul, right?

So explain to me why, for the love of God, did their owner come out of the house yelling at me for 'upsetting' her dogs by WALKING DOWN THE STREET? It's not like I stopped to try to pet them. She irritated me in the first place for yelling at me, but I thought I'd do the polite thing and apologize for disturbing her. Her response was, " I'm not the one who started them barking in the first place!"

..... what? Someone offers you up an apology for something that was not even under their control... not even WORTH apologizing for, really... and what? Here, let me apologize to myself and next time I'll tell you to go get effed.

What a *kitten* you walk by that house now everyday!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    When you tell me I'm too fat to exercise! :explode:
    \

:sad:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    People snapping their fingers at me to get my attention. I AM NOT A DOG!
This discussion has been closed.