My husband is boycotting my cooking...

Options

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am betting the husband is the bread winner. Since he brings home the bacon, atleast cook the man the food he wants. ( and women wonder why men cheat) He's gonna find someone who will cook that steak, burger, etc for him.

I'm sorry but if me not cooking the food he wants causes him to go out an cheat on me then I don't think that we should have been married in the first place. Throwing an tantrum because you don't get what you want is utterly childish! I haven't had a tanturm since I was about 7.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    bah! yea thats no good. :( he should be greatful you are taking the time to cook for him.

i mean he can always add more stuff to it if he wants. like if u make a whole wheat pasta he can go add bacon and dorito crumbs.

It just really irks me when ppl are ungreatful :(
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he needs a swift kick in the butt! But seriously he needs to support you and not throw a fit like a teenager. If this is important to you then it should also be important to him and not an opportunity for him to throw a pity party. I mean he can always cook himself if your food is that awful (which I doubt.) Hope that helps!

This!! Or his *kitten* would just go hungry!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Listen, you're there to serve him, so quit being selfish and cook what he wants, no matter how unhealthy or unappetizing it is. And wear a nice dress and heels while you're at it; he should have something pretty to look at while he waits for his dinner.

She should be cooking naked with stilettos on.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    is he an invalid or something?

serve your alleged delicious diet food while wearing a teddy and throw ina few hair tosses and stripper back bends. he might have a different impression of cauliflower pizza crust and shiritaki noodles after that.
    I am betting the husband is the bread winner. Since he brings home the bacon, atleast cook the man the food he wants. ( and women wonder why men cheat) He's gonna find someone who will cook that steak, burger, etc for him.
    they cheat because their wives dont make them steak? :laugh: yeah OK.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    cheaters are cheaters regardless of what is cooked or how well looked after they are, I told mine if it ever happened again we would be done real fast.
  • harmonymkr
    harmonymkr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow that's really hurtful to you. Let him eat whatever he wants for lunch and you eat your choice as well then at dinner he eats the healthier meal. You could also give him one night a week where he picks dinner and you plan to compensate at lunch for a naughty dinner. I'm glad my husband and I are both losing weight together. If he pulled this stunt, he would never have a home cooked meal again!
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Just because YOU want to eat a certain way doesn't mean he has too. I don't blame him for wanting to eat GOOD food. Perhaps you should cook 2 seperate meals. Don't impose your new found lifestyle on other people, including your spouse.

Seriously? Erm... why should she? I'd be saying he's dam lucky to get home cooked meals every night!

My advice to original poster is to tell him to like it or lump it.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Dude. Give him a reality check as in, "quit your crap, you and i both know you're being immature and petty. If you don't want to eat what i cook, then feel free to cook your own dinner. I'm not making two."
    As others have said, he's a big boy. Don't coddle this behavior. I'd say the exact words above verbatim to my fiancee if he decided to "boycott" my cooking. He'd eat eggs for one night and i'd be cooking for us both the next. Stand up for yourself!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Cook all that food, portion it and put it in the freezer, and then you'll have meals for when you don't feel like cooking!

Then on nights where you don't "cook" then you can whip one out and eat it in front of him.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If he has a problem with what you're cooking, show him the way to the kitchen. He can cook for himself, his hands ain't broken.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree with every single answer on here. But, I do appreciate your efforts to feed him. Pray for the man. It's hard! I tried dieting when my man wasn't losing weight once and it did not go well for long. Now, he's in it with me, and it's SWEET! It's hard to do health with whiners. But, healthy food IS GOOD FOOD! It tastes better! I tried to eat a piece of my kid's fried food the other day and the taste of it nearly made me sick. Same with overly sweet food. We are accustomed to JUNK. Don't let it fool you. I so love the answers for how to creatively adapt the menus to suit him and you. I have three teens in my house, so I've had to do a lot of this. I cook, and if they don't like it, or I can't modify it, there is always some lunch meat in the frig., soup, frozen pizzas, or stop by and get a sandwich on the way home. The options are endless to the motivated. (And I eat at home before taking them to McDonald's if they get a hankering and I get tired of the options there.) Hang in there!
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Wow. Seriously? Just wow.
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Listen, you're there to serve him, so quit being selfish and cook what he wants, no matter how unhealthy or unappetizing it is. And wear a nice dress and heels while you're at it; he should have something pretty to look at while he waits for his dinner.

She should be cooking naked with stilettos on.

That's just dangerous. She'd get a grease burn and have to go to the hospital. Then no one would get dinner.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, this is 2013, not 1953. A grown *kitten* man has no excuse for ever demanding a specific menu. He needs to make his own meals or shut his gob and be very thankful you're willing to cook for him at all. Some of us have to make our own dinner EVERY NIGHT! *gasp*
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    your profile says you're newly married.

nip this crap in the bud asap. your hubby is being a manchild.
  • moonlitdreams2
    Options
    My friend has to make herself a healthy meal and her family something different. Yes, it's more work but it's worth it to have a happy healthy body and home life. Have them at least try the new food and let them decide if they like it. Then maybe they'll help you eat it next time.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My friend has to make herself a healthy meal and her family something different. Yes, it's more work but it's worth it to have a happy healthy body and home life. Have them at least try the new food and let them decide if they like it. Then maybe they'll help you eat it next time.

THANK YOU!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

So he's been requesting i make a bunch of deep fried food and burgers and stuff. Since I didn't he's just deciding that he won't eat anything I cook...even if it's stuff he likes.

I had someone in my house like that too. He's now 8 years old and has grown out of that phase, thankyouverymuch
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Everyone at our house eats what I cook or they're on their own. That guy would die at my house.
This discussion has been closed.